What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NFL Draft Dynasty Picks 3 rounds (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
This ranking assumes starting 9 players,  start 1 QB (4 pts per TD), 1-4 RBs, 1-4, WR, 1-2 TE, K, DEF

I realize that some of these players may come back for another year of college ball.

1.01 - Saquan Barkley RB Penn St.

1.02 - Derrius Guice RB LSU

1.03 - Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

1.04 - Sony Michel RB Georgia 

1.05 - Ronald Jones II RB USC

1.06 - Nick Chubb RB Georgia

1.07 - Courtland Sutton WR SMU

1.08 - James Washington WR Ok St.

1.09 - Christian Kirk WR Tex AM

1.10 - Rashaad Penny RB SD St.

1.11 - Anthony Miller WR Memphis 

1.12 - Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn

2.01 - Royce Freeman RB Oregon

2.02 - Michael Gallup WR Colorado St.

2.03 - Deon Cain WR Clemson

2.04 - Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama

2.05 - Josh Adams RB Norte Dame

2.06 - Dante Pettis WR Washington

2.07 - Deontay Burnett WR USC

2.08 - Auden Tate WR Florida St.

2.09 - Sam Darnold QB USC

2.10 - Mark Andrews (I prefer Gesicki)

2.11 -,Josh Rosen QB UCLA

2.12 - Josh Allen QB Wyoming

3.01 - Simmie Cobbs Jr. WR Indiana

3.02 - Mike Gesicki,TE  Penn State

3.03 - Mark Walton RB Miami

3.04 - Akrum Wadley RB Iowa

3.05 - Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

3.06 - Mason Rudolph QB Ok St.

3.07 - Dallas Goedert TE SD St.

3.08 - Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

3.09 - Troy Fumagalli - TE Wisconsin

3.10 - D J Clark - WR LSU

3.11 - Nyheim Hines - RB NC St.

3.12 - Kalen Ballage - RB Arizona St.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are talking how this draft isn't deep.  The more I study it the more I disagree with those assessments.  Perhaps that is true from an NFL perspective, but from a fantasy view it seems plenty deep.

@JohnnyU - Great work on the dynasty rankings.  

What are your thoughts on Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson? (assuming he declares for the 2018 NFL Draft). Daniel Jeremiah had some positive comments on him recently: 

NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah called Auburn junior RB Kerryon Johnson a "stud."

"Love his lateral quickness and burst... big time talent," Jeremiah posted. Auburn's offense frequently forces a front seven defender to make a decision on the quarterback/running back relationship, and then tackle the ball carrier in space. Johnson is amazing at making the first defender miss, so he thrives in this environment.

Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Instagram

MTS Notes: Biggest NFL draft risers; Scouting Lamar Jackson

Excerpt:

4. Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson: Auburn's star rusher has quickly emerged as one of the most impressive backs in the country. He has exploded down the stretch for the Tigers and a big game against Alabama on Saturday would look great on his resume. He's generating a lot of buzz in scouting circles.
Excerpt:

PLAYER TO WATCH IN THE IRON BOWL

The Iron Bowl is clearly the game of the week in college football. Alabama and Auburn are both ranked in the top 6 in the College Football Playoff rankings and a berth in the SEC Championship Game is on the line.

As is the case every year, Alabama is loaded with NFL talent. However, Auburn has one of the best rosters in the country as well. After studying Auburn's offense this week, one player jumped off the screen: RB Kerryon Johnson.

Johnson is listed at 6-foot and 212 pounds, and as I mentioned above, he's one of this season's biggest risers. I came away very impressed with his combination of vision, lateral quickness and burst after I watched his tape. He has a running style that's reminiscent of Le'Veon Bell. He's patient and incorporates a slight skip before finding a crease and exploding through the line of scrimmage. He also shows the ability to drop his shoulder and power through contact. He's been reliable as a pass-catcher out of the backfield, including on an impressive one-handed snag against Georgia. I was pleasantly surprised at how well he held up in pass protection. He has displayed awareness to identify blitzing linebackers and he does a nice job staying square and settling down vs. power rushers.

Johnson is one of the most complete backs in the country and he could be set up for a big day against an Alabama defense that's been decimated by injuries. -- Daniel Jeremiah

People are talking how this draft isn't deep.  The more I study it the more I disagree with those assessments.  Perhaps that is true from an NFL perspective, but from a fantasy view it seems plenty deep.
I have 8 of the top 15 picks and I’m going to clean up.

Tex

Choose wisely grasshopper.  :thumbup:
I love your list the only person I’m higher on is Penny. I’d take him right after Chubb. I don’t believe he’s going to last to the mid 2nd round but if all these guys decide to declare for the Draft it’s possible. I already have Barkley and Guice there’s three to four other guys I feel like I must have of this group the rest are just a bonus.

Tex

I love your list the only person I’m higher on is Penny. I’d take him right after Chubb. I don’t believe he’s going to last to the mid 2nd round but if all these guys decide to declare for the Draft it’s possible. I already have Barkley and Guice there’s three to four other guys I feel like I must have of this group the rest are just a bonus.

Tex
You could be right, but I like several RBs more  and Kirk.  Penny has 4 straight 200 yd games, albeit against the likes of Hawaii, San Jose St, Nevada, and New Mexico.  Of course he doesn't exactly play for a high profile team himself.  He's doing it against equal talent, but that's hard to compare with talent from better teams.  I like Penny too, so I'll call him a high ceiling with some risk and a low floor.

Plenty deep fantasy wise. If they all come out the QB spot is as deep as any ever. RB is deep. WR is harder than ever to evaluate because of the way the college game is but there are quite a few good guys and WR is currently really weak in the NFL.

Of course everything depends on where they go.

I have 8 of the top 15 picks and I’m going to clean up.

Tex
That is some deep rosters. I've got 10 picks in 6 rounds of dynasty and won't be able to keep but 4-6 guys. Got a QB opening for Baker Mayfield, a RB spot for replacing Lamar Miller - I'm tired of his act, 2 rookie squad spots (probably a RB and a TE). Probable replacement for C. Meredith, I think their passing game will make me hate having a Bear on my team. 

Feel like Bama WRs will always go first... Out of "history" 

Ridley goes #3 in most drafts, I bet. But solid list

My list but my league is Superflex with Te getting 2 PPR

1. Josh Rosen
  2. Saquon Barkley
  3. Sam Darnold. Even though putting at less than 50 he comes out
  4. Derius Grice
  5. Nick Chubb
  6. Coirtland Sutton
  7. James Washington
  8. Mark Andrews
  9. Calvin Ridley
  10. Ronald Jones Jr
  11. Josh Adams
  12. Damien Hartis
  13. Troy Fumagalli 
  14. Josh Adams
  15. Christian Kirk
  16. Lamar Jackson
  17. Rashad Penny
  18. Mike Giescki
  19. Bryce Love
  20. Baker Mayfield
  21. Dallas Goedert 
  22. Simmie Cobb Jr
  23. Kallen Ballege
  24. Kerryon Johnson

IDP for those interested

1. Roquan Smith LB
  2. Malik Jefferson LB
  3. Rashaan Evans LB
  4. Cameron Smith LB
  5. 2 of 4 for next 2. Arden Key, Bradley Chubb, Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard are all Edge players. Whoever ends up at DE
  6. ndxt one who ends up DE
  7. Tremsine Edmunds LB
  8. Josey Jewell LB
  9. Derwin James S
  10. Ronnie Harrison S
  11. Ogbannia Okoronkwo LB
  12. Marcus Allen S

That is some deep rosters. I've got 10 picks in 6 rounds of dynasty and won't be able to keep but 4-6 guys. Got a QB opening for Baker Mayfield, a RB spot for replacing Lamar Miller - I'm tired of his act, 2 rookie squad spots (probably a RB and a TE). Probable replacement for C. Meredith, I think their passing game will make me hate having a Bear on my team. 
We have 42 spots available on our roster and I plan on moving some veteran players for future draft picks. Depending on who I’m able to draft in 2018 I may trade a pick or two for 2019 picks. 2019 look promising as well. Also, I don’t plan on drafting anyone after the 3rd round that’s why I loaded up front. I will trade a few picks along with the players to gain better future picks.

This method has worked really well for me plus my picks have actually worked out.

Tex

I’d reconsider on Mayfield, I think there are a half dozen QBs in this class that end up being better. 

This ranking assumes starting 9 players,  start 1 QB (4 pts per TD), 1-4 RBs, 1-4, WR, 1-2 TE, K, DEF

I realize that some of these players may come back for another year of college ball.

1.01 - Saquan Barkley RB Penn St.

1.02 - Derrius Guice RB LSU

1.03 - Courtland Sutton WR SMU (I prefer Washington, but only listing how I think most will go in dynasty drafts)

1.04 - James Washington WR Ok St.

1.05 - Calvin Ridley WR Alabama

1.06 - Bryce Love RB Stanford

1.07 - Josh Adams RB Notre Dame

1.08 - Nick Chubb RB Georgia

1.09 - Ronald Jones II RB USC

1.10 - Christian Kirk WR Tex AM

1.11 - Damien Harris RB Alabama

1.12 - Royce Freeman RB Oregon

2.01 - Sony Michel RB Georgia

2.02 - Myles Gaskins RB Washington

2.03 - Bo Scarbrough RB Alabama

2.04 - Deon Cain WR Clemson

2.05 - Rashaad Penny WR SD St.

2.06 - Dante Pettis WR Washington

2.07 - Deontay Burnett WR USC

2.08 - Auden Tate WR Florida St.

2.09 - Simmie Cobbs Jr. WR Indiana

2.10 - Sam Darnold QB USC

2.11 - Mark Andrews (I prefer Gesicki)

2.12 - L J Scott RB Mich St.

3.01 - Mike Weber RB Ohio St. (redshirt soph will jump early because Dobbins has taken his job)

3.02 - Mike Gesicki,TE  Penn State

3.03 - Josh Rosen QB UCLA

3.04 - Mark Walton RB Miami

3.05 - Akrum Wadley RB Iowa

3.06 - Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

3.07 - Anthony Miller WR Memphis

3.08 - Mason Rudolph QB Ok St.

3.09 - Josh Allen QB Wyoming

3.10 - Troy Fumagalli TE Wisconsin

3.11 - Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

3.12 - Dallas Goedert TE SD St.

Update - Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn - I thought he was a Sophmore.  If he declares I would rank him just after Christian Kirk.
Like your list except for Gaskin. I think he’s to small to be more than a COP guy in the NFL. 

Getting Royce and/or Sony at the end of the 1st is great value IMO

Also I would put Lamar Jackson in the mid 2nd. His ceiling (like we saw with Watson) is so high that it's worth going earlier than usual at QB.

I’d reconsider on Mayfield, I think there are a half dozen QBs in this class that end up being better. 
Depends where he goes. He goes to New Orleans, I'm all over him. Dome QB in the South. I would have a couple more dynasty championships if Favre played in the south. Lost one simply because he was in Chicago in windy bad weather and threw zero TDs. 1 TD and I win. Lost a redraft with Stafford/Calvin because of the blizzard in Philly a couple years back. You have to start them but you know it's not going to end well.

Starting to think I'm too high on Kirk as I was debating between him and Ridley for a top 5 pick. RBs are valued less in that league, so it's entirely possible Guice falls. 

Great list.  Thanks for sharing.  How would you compare the position groups to last years?  How about the (fantasy relevant) class as a whole?

update:  I moved Chubb and Ronald Jones in front of Josh Adams and I'm tempted to move them ahead of Love, but I'll keep Love where he is for now.

Equanimeous St. Brown should probably be on the list somewhere, but he may not come out.  His stock has taken a hit this year due to his declining production with ND focusing on the run, but the talent still seems there.

Equanimeous St. Brown should probably be on the list somewhere, but he may not come out.  His stock has taken a hit this year due to his declining production with ND focusing on the run, but the talent still seems there.
St. Brown would be wise to stay another year.

Tex

That's high for Sony Michel.  He's never had a big work load and some see him as a COP guy in the NFL.
Really good football player; comp is Gio, but I think he’s a bit better than Bernard, Productive PPR player. Not sure I’d take him at four, but looking at the other options, I would trade down to 7-8, get a piece and snap him up.

Rosen doesn't want to play for the Browns and may return for another year at UCLA.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, UCLA QB Josh Rosen prefers to play for the Giants and would be "hesitant to come out in next year's draft" if the Browns pursue him with the first overall pick.

Rosen is still deciding whether to enter the upcoming draft, where he would likely be a first-round selection. Per Schefter, he wants no part of the Browns, however, and may be tempted to return to UCLA for his senior year if it meant avoiding Cleveland. ESPN's Todd McShay projects Rosen as the No. 1 pick while Mel Kiper has him at No 4. The winless Browns are a lock to draft a quarterback after missing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson the past two years.

Rosen doesn't want to play for the Browns and may return for another year at UCLA.
Not the kind of guy you want to draft. Dude is good but this would have me questioning his competitive fire.  

Now if I'm the Browns, I come out and say that we are taking Rosen. see what he does. If he stays in school, you didn't want him anyway. The Giants will get screwed over because the guy that wanted to play there, spouted off. You can trade the #1 overall for a big payday and draft Mayfield at the acquired Texans pick or even better a later 1st you acquire when you trade the #1 to some other QB needy team.

Not the kind of guy you want to draft. Dude is good but this would have me questioning his competitive fire.  

Now if I'm the Browns, I come out and say that we are taking Rosen. see what he does. If he stays in school, you didn't want him anyway. The Giants will get screwed over because the guy that wanted to play there, spouted off. You can trade the #1 overall for a big payday and draft Mayfield at the acquired Texans pick or even better a later 1st you acquire when you trade the #1 to some other QB needy team.
I like your logic.

I like your logic.
They could get NYJ (pick 10), ARI (pick 11), WASH (pick 13 if Cousins leaves) or BUF (pick 20) to bite on this. Based on what Philly gave up for Wentz, they swap 1sts, get the other teams' 2019 1st, and more but they have to have a plan for QB. They can't screw up like they did with the last haul and waste a pick on a bum like Kizer. Mayfiled sparks that teams fanbase is my guess and he would certainly be up for the challenge.

Fact is, if Gordon is there, they have solid starters at WR & TE.

JackReacher said:
Really good football player; comp is Gio, but I think he’s a bit better than Bernard, Productive PPR player. Not sure I’d take him at four, but looking at the other options, I would trade down to 7-8, get a piece and snap him up.
Wait, what? Some people compare Sony to Gio?

Tex

Tex
Only in that they both seem a bit undersized for every down duty and they are excellent receivers. Saw Sony play pretty much every game this year and was very impressed. Who’s your comp?

Only in that they both seem a bit undersized for every down duty and they are excellent receivers. Saw Sony play pretty much every game this year and was very impressed. Who’s your comp?
Sony is a very gifted athlete, I have an “associate” whom is referred to as Slim who did some scouting for an MTV reality show some years back that said he was the naturally gift athlete he had ever seen at 16 yrs old. So I’ve been following Sony for years. He’s a lot bigger than Gio and bigger than you think he’s more 5’10-5’11 220lbs. So he’s built to withstand the punishment of the NFL. He and Chubb are built the same and their numbers are nearly the same. I don’t have a real comp but if I had too i’d Compare him to a slimmer Michael Turner. 

Tex

Michel is definitely big enough to be a 3 down back. I see he caught 20+ passes each of the 2 previous years but only 5 this year. Due to QB suckage?

Sony is a very gifted athlete, I have an “associate” whom is referred to as Slim who did some scouting for an MTV reality show some years back that said he was the naturally gift athlete he had ever seen at 16 yrs old. So I’ve been following Sony for years. He’s a lot bigger than Gio and bigger than you think he’s more 5’10-5’11 220lbs. So he’s built to withstand the punishment of the NFL. He and Chubb are built the same and their numbers are nearly the same. I don’t have a real comp but if I had too i’d Compare him to a slimmer Michael Turner. 

Tex
Good write up. I see him with more wiggle than Turner. Combine will provide more info. Thanks Tex

Good write up. I see him with more wiggle than Turner. Combine will provide more info. Thanks Tex
You’re absolutely right he definitely has more wiggle than Turner. He just happens to share a backfield with his twin.

Tex

Michel is definitely big enough to be a 3 down back. I see he caught 20+ passes each of the 2 previous years but only 5 this year. Due to QB suckage?
They had a different game plan this year not sure what changed but it certainly seems like something did. I haven’t finished the numbers to determine exactly what happened yet but I’m curious as well.

Tex

Chubb is 6 for me but I am still debating him vs Sutton and Jones.  Had to pick one to leave off so it was Chubb today.  If you ask me tomorrow Jones could drop to 6 and Chubb/Sutton could be 4/5.  Still fluid for me at this point of the draft process and this part of the draft.
Has Sutton really shown you enough to actually put him over Chubb and Jones? 

Tex

Tex
Lack of workload in college is the reason for the comp.  Some think he's just a change of pace back.  I'm not so sure about that.  At 5'11" 215 he has plenty of size to be a workhorse back, but he hasn't proven it.

Lack of workload in college is the reason for the comp.  Some think he's just a change of pace back.  I'm not so sure about that.  At 5'11" 215 he has plenty of size to be a workhorse back, but he hasn't proven it.
Oooooffffff!

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread