What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Godless - Netflix series (1 Viewer)

Starting now.  Shot in Dolby Vision too.  If your tv can do it the picture is off the charts

I'm only 2 episodes in and like it well enough, but I wish they had cast Jeff Bridges to play the villain instead of Jeff Daniels.

I'm only 2 episodes in and like it well enough, but I wish they had cast Jeff Bridges to play the villain instead of Jeff Daniels.
I actually think Jeff Daniels has been awesome.  I agree with whatever review I read that it's a complete 180 character for him, nice guy and they make him pretty scary.  Although in a somewhat subdued way.  Cool villain.  One of my favorite scenes is with him and his whole crew when they bump into that dude at the drinking hole.  Awesome scene.

Up to the last episode.  Watching it tonight.  Can't wait.

hitting ep4 tonight. Slow... but seems like it's building to something good.

Is the grandma actually speaking Native tongue, cuz it sounds like... a fake language?

If Netflix keeps this up, once GoT ends, I'll really have no need to pay for that HBO subscription....  Netflix killing it.

hitting ep4 tonight. Slow... but seems like it's building to something good.

Is the grandma actually speaking Native tongue, cuz it sounds like... a fake language?
She's speaking Josh Gordon.  Imagine pulling 8 bong hits after washing down some oxy with a 12-pack.  And then talking.  It's that.

(She actually is practically always smoking...)

its good so far for me but i have only seen one episode i like westerns so this will be a good one for the old swcer now one thing what is dolby vision and how can i do that take that to teh bank bromigos

Great show.  Well fleshed out characters for such a short series and the sets and cinematography were awesome.

The visuals were fantastic in Dolby Vision.  Great recommendation all around. 

:thumbup:

Great show.  Well fleshed out characters for such a short series and the sets and cinematography were awesome.

The visuals were fantastic in Dolby Vision.  Great recommendation all around. 

:thumbup:
I have a newer tv.  Do I have to do something special to get Dolby vision to work?

Finished it the other night. I know I liked it because I keep thinking about the story and the characters. They wrapped it up nicely. 

It says "Season 1" but also "Limited Series" so I'm guessing it was one and done?

Finished it the other night. I know I liked it because I keep thinking about the story and the characters. They wrapped it up nicely. 

It says "Season 1" but also "Limited Series" so I'm guessing it was one and done?
I wonder if they'll follow the main character and just do seasons with him?  Or at least in the same universe?  

Overall, a solid show.

Of course, we all know lesbians didn't exist until about 1960, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Started off interesting, kind of lost steam. I guess since I finished watching it I would rank it above average.

First two were the best by far but still was good enough that I finished... And I'm quick to bail on a show.

Started off interesting, kind of lost steam. I guess since I finished watching it I would rank it above average.

First two were the best by far but still was good enough that I finished... And I'm quick to bail on a show.
Agree. Thought the middle episodes were fairly boring. Really liked the beginning and thought the end was good. I feel like they could have cut about 3 hours from the series and just made it a really long movie.

It was ok.  nothing special. finale was great but a lot of wasted time to get there and useless flashbacks. A lot of "where do i know him" from actors. I also hated the sister. She was so arrogant and not nice to anyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Might as well have been called, The Western.

The entire series was an homage to the genre and I loved that they took their time telling the stories.  Pretty much every archetype and trope was jammed in there, but since it was 7 hours I thought it still worked.

Grand finale fight scene was nothing special... thought it could have been done better than two groups more or less standing still blasting the hell out of each other.  Silverado's showdown comes to mind.  

7.5 or 8 out of 10.  Definitely not a waste of time if you like westerns generally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this - well done all around.  

My only minor quibble is I think I built up Roy to be this uber badass gunman and felt like we never really saw that.  Hell, the women killed more of the outlaws than Roy did.  I was expecting something like the ending of Unforgiven.

4.5/5.0 for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread