What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Dynasty Stash thread for 2018 season (2 Viewers)

Men-in-Cleats

Footballguy
Last year at this time there was a great topic on pickups for next year of understudies who would possibly have opportunity for increased playing time next year.  Name like Vince Williams, Cory James, etc. were listed and have been useful for deep dynasty leagues.  It was great to be able to get a few of these before the rush comes along.  This is more of a placeholder for me at this time as I haven't looked at upcoming FA's yet but wanted to get people thinking about this topic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2018 version:

DL
Robert Quinn, Leonard Floyd as position change candidates. 
Derek Barnett and Charles Harris as increased usage/snap count/improvement guys.
Emmanuel Ogbah - from the "non-IR leagues" that may have forgotten about him.
Frank Clark - the talent is there, the snaps haven't been in part because of some old dudes in front of him.  They may not be next year.
Aaron Lynch - UFA and likely to leave SFO with all the early picks they have used at the position.  Spent 3 years miscast at 3-4 LB so we haven't seen what he's got yet.
Tak McKinley - can't imagine he's available in many deeper leagues, but in shallower leagues with no taxi he might be on the wire. 
Ezekiel Ansah - could someone have given up on waiting in shallower leagues?
Deatrich Wise - hard to count on a NEP, and tougher given Flowers' emergence, but he's playing quite a bit as a rookie, may step it up
Derek Rivers - ditto, but actually drafted higher than Wise and NEP aren't exactly patient with role players - maybe one of these guys gets cut loose?
Tank Carradine - he's been hurt and he's a UFA next year - this guy was a specimen in college and might get a second life elsewhere?
Kony Ealy - miscast in NYJ 3-4 and only 25 years old.  Pray he goes to a 4-3 team with a need like TBB
Marcus Smith - spent 3 years lost in 3-4, bit player in SEA this year.  1st round talent.
Jeremiah Attaochu - 24 years old.  Free Agent.  miscast at 3-4 for 3 years.  Hurt this year.  Behind Ingram and Bosa  Pick your reasons why he could explode.

LB
Anthony Hitchens - UFA and only 25.  Productive occasionally.
Corey Nelson/Tod Davis - both are UFA and they share time in DEN right now behind Marshall.
Kevin Pierre-Louis - behind two stud horses for 3 years in SEA, and now playing 3-4 OLB.  Put him in the middle somewhere please.
Jayon Brown - Avery WIlliamson is a UFA so maybe he goes elsewhere and creates a huge opportunity
Avery WIlliamson - UFA so may end up in a lot more productive spot
Kendall Beckwith - less a breakout, more a "must have handcuff".  Ultra-productive when either Kwon or David was out.
Raekwon McMillan - that position has production available, will they bring back Timmons?  Will he cry his way back to PIT?
Danny Trevathan - people may have bailed on his injury history, but I'm stashing that guy for the 5 games he is going to play, because they are beastly when he does.
Nick Kwiatkowski - he's probably worth putting back on this list depending on league size.  People may have moved on from him too.
Hayes Pullard - shined when he got his chance and kept the formerly ultra-productive Jatavis Brown on limited snap counts.  Graded well pre-draft in '16 too.
Jordan Hicks - another from the "forgotten about on IR" list
Craig Robertson - he keeps getting the JAG treatment but he keeps producing big numbers when he gets snaps.
Jerrell Freeman - so many strikes, but so, so many tackles when he plays.
Kevin Minter - stuck behind healthy guys playing better than he is, but he's on a 1 year deal and could end up elsewhere - Jon Bostic potential here to be a fill-in LB2 for a year.
Christian Jones - so many Bears.  But again, producing like a beast when he's in.  Can they all be this good or is it just the position?  I'll spend a buck to find out.

DB
I don't bother with DB's, the only ones worth stashing are not going to be readily available and too much can change before they get a chance to pay out.  August is the time to fill DB.

mjb03003 said:
Matt Judon, especially in big-play scoring. 
I actually got him last year based on last year's version of this thread.  Didn't have to play him other than a couple of bye weeks, one of which was his 12 tackle 2 sack game, fortunately for me. 

Good list MR.

vernon butler - Star Latuawhatever is an FA.

Though I 100% agree with you about defensive backs I have to make one exception, I would bet almost anything the Broncos are going to go away from the gold chain snatcher Talib,   And when Ithey do I want Roby on every team I own.

trent murphy- ufa that might land in a 4-3 and be productive as a DE.

SAMSON EBUKAM, LAR LB 

Honestly I don’t know a lot about him other than he is a A++ athlete, crazy pro day numbers. He is also getting PT as a rookie and I didn’t wanna wait. I grabbed him in my two Dynasty leagues, think he was a 4th rounder and is kinda raw with pure athleticism that just needs to be coached up.

From his pro day report:

At just shy of 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 240 pounds, Ebukam had impressive numbers to go along with his imposing size. His vertical jump of 39 inches, broad jump of 10'10" and 40 time of 4.45 were eye-opening. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times.

i grabbed jalen reeves-maybin. he's getting some time now with injuries to established starters. he's not going to supplant Jarrad Davis at MLB or Whitehead at SLB but there's nothing much to keep him from WLB duties. DC says he has skills but needs to work on his body. he's got an entire offseason to hit the weight room, train and eat right. 

I will throw out Sheldon Rankins.  He had a terrible year but has the potential and skills.  Maybe having Fairley out affected the scheme for this year and they can find a replacement for next year.  He is a guy I will be targeting....especially in DT required leagues.

I will through out Sheldon Rankins.  He had a terrible year but has the potential and skills.  Maybe having Fairley out affected the scheme for this year and they can find a replacement for next year.  He is a guy I will be targeting....especially in DT required leagues.
this without question.

Anyone think Zach Vigil might have earned himself an opportunity next year or just a case of right guy in the right place at the right time? His per snap production has been awesome.

Anyone think Zach Vigil might have earned himself an opportunity next year or just a case of right guy in the right place at the right time? His per snap production has been awesome.
Too crowded there for me to have much confidence there, but the role has always been a productive one.  That's actually part of my concern...that his numbers are as much scheme as skill (see Compton, Will).

The deeper the league, the more willing I am to gamble on him with a bench slot, but to me he's a longshot/flyer guy.  

compton, foster are both free agents after this season. i think it's going to come down to how they are graded out. certainly the opportunity is there.

People might laugh but I think Manti Te'o could be interesting if the Saints commit to him. He's been looking pretty good in recent weeks and that defense has really lacked consistency and playmaking ability at the LB position. 

Just a couple of others to add to this list:

Taco Charlton and Jordan Willis at DL. I put these guys in the same category as Harris, Barnett and Takk - guys with good profiles who have played a decent amount this year, but not done much in the box score. Could be some better opportunity next year. Ogunjobi too but it's tough to stash a DT.

I really like Adrian Colbert as a DB stash - a 7th rounder i believe who has been playing full-time the past few weeks due to injury, but it seems like the 49ers love him and there's a high chance he'll be starting next year with the futures of Ward and Reid uncertain on that team (both might be elsewhere). Tartt will still be SS you'd think and Colbert is only in the less productive FS role but depending on your league settings he could be nice depth. He's a physical hitter and I think they see him as an Earl Thomas type.

I'd say Matakevich also, particularly with the doubt surrounding Shazier's career, but i'm pretty discouraged that he hasn't played a single snap the past two weeks after practicing in full. They have been playing guys like Spence (who they signed off the street a couple of weeks ago) and Moats ahead of him which i find concerning for his long term prospects. We know if he plays he's a tackle producing machine not unlike Chris Borland a couple of years ago, but maybe the Steelers don't think that highly of him. I'd still stash him if I have room but there are other guys who probably have more chance of hitting.

People might laugh but I think Manti Te'o could be interesting if the Saints commit to him. He's been looking pretty good in recent weeks and that defense has really lacked consistency and playmaking ability at the LB position. 
he's playing all three downs with Klein gone? Klein isn't any good, according to PFF, the last i checked but he's sticking around for another year.

Some guys on waiver wire I stashed late in the season in Zealots leagues:

• Hendrickson, Trey NOS DE
  • Hyder, Kerry DET DE
  • Onwuasor, Patrick BAL LB
  • Milano, Matt BUF LB
  • Johnson, John LAR S
  • Wise, Deatrich NEP DE
  • Coyle, Brock SFO LB
  • Okafor, Alex NOS DE
  • Munson, Calvin NYG LB
  • Ragland, Reggie KCC LB
  • Spaight, Martrell WAS LB
I'm not betting big on any of them, but thought each was intriguing in some way.

The flip side of this question is which players were useful this season, but can be dropped for guys like those I listed above... Jon Bostic? Craig Robertson? Cory James? Elandon Roberts? Jatavis Brown? Ramon Humber?

Dion Jordan in Seattle. 1st rounder that was terrible in Miami has played well in limited snaps in Seattle. 
Stashed him right after he landed in Seattle.  Surprised by his sack in 4 straight games to close the season. Not surprised that its Pete Carrol getting this out of him.

And now Michael Bennett saying he will be released and Cliff Avril turns 32.

The flip side of this question is which players were useful this season, but can be dropped for guys like those I listed above... Jon Bostic? Craig Robertson? Cory James? Elandon Roberts? Jatavis Brown? Ramon Humber?
Of those I would keep Cory James and Jatavis Brown. James showed real talent when he played, the problem was he was hurt a lot. Jatavis Brown similarly has been productive in the right circumstances

Humber is definitely a goner, he is old and lost his job to Milano. Robertson I suspect will also lose his job to Anzalone next season. Bostic was JAG, I suspect he will be gone next year.

he's playing all three downs with Klein gone? Klein isn't any good, according to PFF, the last i checked but he's sticking around for another year.
My hope is that Te'o will play well enough to force their hands and give him a sizable role next year, regardless of Klein's health or contract status. Might be unlikely though, these things are hard to predict. 

My hope is that Te'o will play well enough to force their hands and give him a sizable role next year, regardless of Klein's health or contract status. Might be unlikely though, these things are hard to predict. 
what kind of scoring are we tackling here? he putting up decent tackling numbers when Klein went down. he didn't do much else though. there are plenty of guys like that out there in the league, imo. 

what kind of scoring are we tackling here? he putting up decent tackling numbers when Klein went down. he didn't do much else though. there are plenty of guys like that out there in the league, imo. 
my league is big play. TFL are +2 points. PDs are also worth +2. the last 4 weeks Te'o has put up 17.50, 11.00, 12.25, and 11.50 points. 

• Hendrickson, Trey NOS DE
  • Okafor, Alex NOS DE
The play here is rookie DE Al-Quadin Muhammad.

I picked up both Okafor and Muhammad (straight to IR) in off-season.  Okafor as upside bench help for a season, maybe two. AQM for the talented long play. He flashed 4 sacks in the preseason.

BigSteelThrill said:
The play here is rookie DE Al-Quadin Muhammad.

I picked up both Okafor and Muhammad (straight to IR) in off-season.  Okafor as upside bench help for a season, maybe two. AQM for the talented long play. He flashed 4 sacks in the preseason.
What's your confidence level here?  We use only FAAB so I would have to spend $1 to take a flier on him.  That's cheap, but with a $50 reload it's also 2% of the annual allotment and that adds up fast when we have RFA to bid on plus waivers throughout the year.  For reference a solid vet like Eric Berry goes for $3-4 so those $1 bids are valuable.

What's your confidence level here?  We use only FAAB so I would have to spend $1 to take a flier on him.  That's cheap, but with a $50 reload it's also 2% of the annual allotment and that adds up fast when we have RFA to bid on plus waivers throughout the year.  For reference a solid vet like Eric Berry goes for $3-4 so those $1 bids are valuable.
I wanted AQM more then Okafor. Though I paid/bid less.

Alex managed 4.5 sacks in 10 games across from all-word Jordan. Okafor was only signed for last year. He could get re-upped though.

AQMs pass rush was showing better in camp and it translated into the preseason. I was lurking the Saints forums and most homers were in agreement.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371509

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370935

He has issues (off field), apparently is a bit wild, and needed to mature.

Hank, if he is sitting there then I might wait if nobody else has snagged him yet. League dependent.  Might watch the FA signing right through the draft. If they dont take a top 2 pick at the position (why would they with Hendrickson and AQM?) then Id pounce for sure.

Another name to add...

Ben Gedeon. LB Minnesota.

He has been mentioned a little bit already this season in the FBG IDP forum.  he won the WLB spot in camp and preseason as a 4th round NFL pick.

The Vikes use a ton of 2 LBer sets, so its Kendricks and Barr all-day long with the snap counts.  But should Gedeon find the field, he very well may produce much like Schobert.  A smart player who rocks the fundamentals.  However... both Barr and Kendricks are in the last year (2018) of their contracts.  Barr is 12.3million dollars of salary, and they take no cap hit in releasing him. Even so, returning both in 2019 isnt a terrible long-term issue if Gedeon forces more play time.  Also, Gedeon was their top grade at run defending and Kendricks was their very worst this season.

"Linebacker Ben Gedeon has produced a run stop percentage of 7.7 percent this year, which ranks second among rookie 4-3 outside linebackers, however, he’s the only rookie player at the position who hasn’t missed a tackle on any of his tackle attempts against the run."  PFF

I watched a lot of Gedeon in pre-season, and it was Eric Wilson that looked like the better player to me on that team.  I don't know how healthy Wilson stayed or how the growth of the two players looks, but Wilson is another guy that's on my spreadsheet.

I watched a lot of Gedeon in pre-season, and it was Eric Wilson that looked like the better player to me on that team.  I don't know how healthy Wilson stayed or how the growth of the two players looks, but Wilson is another guy that's on my spreadsheet.
Wilson is more suited as a OLB run-flow type and Zimmer admits that Gedeon is a natural MLB type. Dont doubt Wilson stands out more on tape and in shorts. Gedeon was the strongest LB at the combine, however. http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Rookies-Ben-Gedeon-Eric-Wilson-Learning-at-Linebacker-/fe479dbc-fb36-437e-99e6-8d65606f2cba

10 tackles (6 solo, 4 assists) and a sack for Te'o against Minnesota in the divisional round. Is there any buzz about him in New Orleans? Seems like he really stepped up at the end of the season. 

SAMSON EBUKAM, LAR LB 

Honestly I don’t know a lot about him other than he is a A++ athlete, crazy pro day numbers. He is also getting PT as a rookie and I didn’t wanna wait. I grabbed him in my two Dynasty leagues, think he was a 4th rounder and is kinda raw with pure athleticism that just needs to be coached up.

From his pro day report:

At just shy of 6-foot-2 and weighing in at 240 pounds, Ebukam had impressive numbers to go along with his imposing size. His vertical jump of 39 inches, broad jump of 10'10" and 40 time of 4.45 were eye-opening. He bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times.
Already being tabbed the new starter.  

I wanted AQM more then Okafor. Though I paid/bid less.

Alex managed 4.5 sacks in 10 games across from all-word Jordan. Okafor was only signed for last year. He could get re-upped though.
FTR: Okafor was resigned for 2 years @ 10 million total. Nice deal for the Saints as they get him at 27 and 28 years of age. Next for AQM is to earn an active roster spot.

^ Agreed. Burnett is probably a cheap buy as a  29 year old safety. With Bostic signed to battle with Matakevich for the ILB a team could Get a few good years. Good buy for any team that's a contender. 

• Hyder, Kerry DET DE
He recently signed as ERFA, with a 1 year deal.  Making a complete URFA next year (less he gets tagged).

Considering the addition of Pat Patricia as head coach and the possibility of the Patriots style of 4-3/3-4 hybrid system... Hyders past playing as a DT may really work in his favor. He was listed as the starting DE across from Ziggy when he got hurt last preseason. He currently plays 20 lbs lighter then in his college days.

He recently signed as ERFA, with a 1 year deal.  Making a complete URFA next year (less he gets tagged).

Considering the addition of Pat Patricia as head coach and the possibility of the Patriots style of 4-3/3-4 hybrid system... Hyders past playing as a DT may really work in his favor. He was listed as the starting DE across from Ziggy when he got hurt last preseason. He currently plays 20 lbs lighter then in his college days.
If he was ERFA he goes to RFA the next year.  Takes 4 accrued seasons to be UFA.  I do like him, especially if he's carrying a DT tag.

Hyder was stashed on my IR last year and I've held him through the preseason. No idea what to expect, honestly. His rookie season he put up nice stats but was the beneficiary of incorrect designation. He played DE (due to injury) but was listed as DE. In weighted leagues (like mine) that was a big difference. His stats fell off to end the season but I much of that was the return of the injured DE ahead of him (Ziggy, iirc?). I'm not sure what to expect if he gets the DT designation but it's probably worth the hold to find out, if you can.

BigSteelThrill said:
Absolute OUCH in New Orleans.

AQ-Muhammad and Okafor are back and they traded away a future 1st to move up for Marcus Davenport.

:kicksrock:

Hope they slot him at OLB.  :longshot:
Ouch, indeed. Okafor was a solid freebie last season. Rotation / vulture situation now.... honestly it makes my choices easier for the one team I have him. Too many DEs on the roster after a busy off-season for me at DE. lol

BigSteelThrill said:
Absolute OUCH in New Orleans.

AQ-Muhammad and Okafor are back and they traded away a future 1st to move up for Marcus Davenport.

:kicksrock:

Hope they slot him at OLB.  :longshot:

They have to be thinking of Davenport as an OLB don’t they?  Okafor was pretty solid when healthy plus they have the two others.  Really seems like an overload

I do a 10 round rookie/FA rookie draft, and one of my late picks is gonna be Carl Lawson, who I think is going to move to a DE designation on MFL.  

He's already DE on roto and MFL.

Great stash with Dunlap & Johnson in the final year of their respective contracts. 

Stashed him right after he landed in Seattle.  Surprised by his sack in 4 straight games to close the season. Not surprised that its Pete Carrol getting this out of him.

And now Michael Bennett saying he will be released and Cliff Avril turns 32.
Cliff Avril just got released:thumbup:     Michael Bennett was already traded.

They did add Rashard Green in the 3rd round, who had 10 sacks his final season at USC.  But that's not a big deal as they rotate 3 DEs pretty regularly the past few years and they had no depth after Clark and Jordan. And Green also plays plenty of DT, just as Michael Bennet did. So pass rushing down would look to keep Clark and Jordan on the edges.

SAMSON EBUKAM, LAR LB 

From his pro day report:

Looking at the Rams depth chart, and everything I've read, this guy seems like OLB 3-4 style.  

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/04/26/nfl-los-angeles-rams-draft-samson-ebukam-pass-rusher-job/

The ILB spot here seems like  4-man group of Barron, Ramik, Cory Littleton, Micah Kiser. 

Barron is coming off Feb shoulder surgery, will be a potential cap casualty as a 29 year old next year.  

Barron is guy to try and trade, IMO.  His value will probably plummet after this year.  

Ramik is JAG, I might try and double up on Littleton and Kiser late in drafts, and stash. 

Users who are viewing this thread