What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 13 (1 Viewer)

First glance and it seems like one of those weeks where it's a lot of scrubs going against the bad Ds.  I think we had that a few weeks ago too.  

My initial list of QBs in good matchups was: Mariota, Eli, Rivers, A.Smith, Siemien, Hundley, Savage, Fitzgerald, McCown.   OOF.  

At the top of the RB matchups I had:  NE, K.Drake, Clev Rbs, Denv RBs, and Howard.  Double OOF.

First glance and it seems like one of those weeks where it's a lot of scrubs going against the bad Ds.  I think we had that a few weeks ago too.  

My initial list of QBs in good matchups was: Mariota, Eli, Rivers, A.Smith, Siemien, Hundley, Savage, Fitzgerald, McCown.   OOF.  

At the top of the RB matchups I had:  NE, K.Drake, Clev Rbs, Denv RBs, and Howard.  Double OOF.
Might be a light week for me if that's the case.  Even less chance for error.  If you don't pick the scrub that goes off, its hard to place in the money.  That's the case every week but there may be less variations of lineups that cash.

Might be a light week for me if that's the case.  Even less chance for error.  If you don't pick the scrub that goes off, its hard to place in the money.  That's the case every week but there may be less variations of lineups that cash.
On the flip side, sometimes those are weeks with lower cash lines and can be more fun if there isn't the 4-5 obvious plays everyone is on.  

This is just looking at matchups on paper, and there are some fun looking games like Philly vs Seattle this week. 

One guy that did stand out was Williams for GB.  He has the most carries/g over the last 3 weeks, GB has the 3rd best rushing OL, they are at home and TB kinda stinks.  He is still sub-6K.

Another was Collins for Balt. Also sub-6k, and Balt D was on my list of having a good matchup this week, so he could be in for a positive game script. 

Whose on the Johnny Holton train this week?  No Crabtree...I expect no Cooper... $4500 worth of big play potential against the NYG.   lololol...no I couldn't do it....especially not with my cash game style, but I find him interesting nonetheless.    I very well may grab some Cook this week though.

Current placeholder...

Wentz - Gordon/Howard - Hopkins/Anderson/Lee - Cook - Lambo - Chargers

@KarmaPolice interesting observations on those RBs.  I really like the way Collins played in last night's game...passes the eye test for me.  And yeah, Tampa can't stop anyone, but I am hoping GB takes them through the air (probably have to start Jordy Nelson this week in my season long league  :X  )  Here's the question though, if I save some cash playing those cheaper RB options, who am I paying up for?  There's not much on the high end I am dying to squeeze into my line up.  Looking at my placeholder lineup, I could probably upgrade a WR.  But your point is taken, those two look like nice values.  Another RB value to toss out there for this week...Isaiah Crowell.  Not as many touches as the guys you mention, but he is playing better of late an also has a very favorable match up.

Whose on the Johnny Holton train this week?  No Crabtree...I expect no Cooper... $4500 worth of big play potential against the NYG.   lololol...no I couldn't do it....especially not with my cash game style, but I find him interesting nonetheless.    I very well may grab some Cook this week though.

Current placeholder...

Wentz - Gordon/Howard - Hopkins/Anderson/Lee - Cook - Lambo - Chargers

@KarmaPolice interesting observations on those RBs.  I really like the way Collins played in last night's game...passes the eye test for me.  And yeah, Tampa can't stop anyone, but I am hoping GB takes them through the air (probably have to start Jordy Nelson this week in my season long league  :X  )  Here's the question though, if I save some cash playing those cheaper RB options, who am I paying up for?  There's not much on the high end I am dying to squeeze into my line up.  Looking at my placeholder lineup, I could probably upgrade a WR.  But your point is taken, those two look like nice values.  Another RB value to toss out there for this week...Isaiah Crowell.  Not as many touches as the guys you mention, but he is playing better of late an also has a very favorable match up.
@Galileo -  FWIW I did have Crowell on the list too.  Chargers allow 3rd most pts/g to RBs and having Gordon might open even more running lanes for Cleveland.  

As far as your question about cash, I assume that it's a similar answer every week - guys like Bell (if you are playing Thurs-Mon), Gurley, Kamara, Ingram would be at the top of the list.  Rarely do those guys kill you in cash and get less thatn 15pts or so.  Maybe it's not exactly 2x for a floor, but they also get tons of work in great offenses.  Kamara hasn't gotten less than 20pts in the last 4 weeks.  Otherwise it probably makes sure you get Wilson, Jax D, good PK in there if you don't pay up at RB1.  I just looked, and Wilson has only been under 3x 2 times since week 3 and has his lowest salary in 4 weeks.  Hopkins and Evans  look like the target monsters with the best matchups.

Something quick I put together on the fly:

Wilson - Kamara/J.Will - Hopkins/Sanu/Kupp - Walker - Lutz - Jax

It looks a lot like last week.  Both Atl and Rams play a D with a good CB that can limit the WR1 and funnel targets to the other options.  It does feels weird to have Kamara in there since he still only sees 15-16 touches a week (you can get that from D.Lewis for 2K less) but the production is there.  There are pivots - something like Gurley/D.Thomas/Doyle instead of Kamara/Kupp/Walker maybe? 

I usually think of guys like Gordon, Howard, Fournette, and McCoy as gpps pivots off the other guys.  All are capable of 20pts games, but all 4 have had at least 2 single digit games in the last 5 weeks you don't want to be on the wrong side of having 2 of those in your LU in cash. 

IMO the cash discussion for RBs might just begin and end  with looking at the best rushing OLs which in order are (as of last week): NO, NE, GB, Rams, Dallas, Balt, Pitts.  Dallas is a bit of a mess with their committee.  If you look at the stats for the RBs on those teams, they rarely kill you or get below 2x.  Ingram has had a couple single digit games, as had the NE backs.  J.Williams is trending up and 3 of the last 4 games Balt has won and in those games Collins had 15 or more pts.  All of those teams listed are favorites, and the bolded are at home  too. All listed except for NO also are going against teams that are in the top 10 as far as FD pts allowed/g over the last 6 weeks as well.  

WTF is this Ricky Seals-Jones guy?
Haha... undrafted free agent rookie who is quickly becoming a thing.   He logged only 8 offensive snaps (compared to Gresham's 45) against Houston when he posted the 2 TD/50+ yd performance.   Gresham out snapped him this past week 50 - 17, but he again had a productive day.  So it looks like he is going to start wiggling into the mix a little more frequently going forward.

Megla said:
Looks like Geno will be starting this week for the Giants
From a pure football stance, how can this be a good move?  The rumors have been circling that this team has given up and thrown in the towel.  Based on this move, it appears the leadership of the team have definitely given up.  I am not an Eli guy, hell I hate all the Mannings (just on general principal), but this move sucks!

WTF is this Ricky Seals-Jones guy?
Yes.  I think he has to be considered.  He has the attention of the QB.  All the other WRs have been inconsistent and a let down (besides the ageless wonder Fitz).  He is priced moderately and they will probably be trailing.  I have also read a lot about his talent and how he used to be WR.  I think he is a thing.

Haha... undrafted free agent rookie who is quickly becoming a thing.   He logged only 8 offensive snaps (compared to Gresham's 45) against Houston when he posted the 2 TD/50+ yd performance.   Gresham out snapped him this past week 50 - 17, but he again had a productive day.  So it looks like he is going to start wiggling into the mix a little more frequently going forward.
Thanks for snap break down.  I didn't realize how little he has actually been on the field.

First pass of guys that interest me:

QB - Wilson, Cam, Rivers, Brady, Tyrod, Winston

RB - Gurley, Drake, Hyde, Fournette, Jam Williams, Colins, Hoard, Burkhead

WR - Cooks, Adams, Evans, Hopkins, Ty Hill, Kupp, D Jackson, Amendola

TE - Kelce, Ertz, Cook, Henry

D - Chargers, Rams, Bears, Broncos, Jaguars, Ravens

K - Lambo

It is still early, but I am starting with this group.

RB - Gurley, Drake, Hyde, Fournette, Jam Williams, Colins, Hoard, Burkhead

WR - Cooks, Adams, Evans, Hopkins, Ty Hill, Kupp, D Jackson, Amendola

TE - Kelce, Ertz, Cook, Henry

D - Chargers, Rams, Bears, Broncos, Jaguars, Ravens

K - Lambo

It is still early, but I am starting with this group.
It would not surprise me in the least to see us limit or even sit Fournette this week.

If Parnell and Omameh are a full return the Jags will be able to run with Yeldon/Grant and give Fournette another week to get back to 100%

I throw $20 at mass entry into $0.25 GPPs.  This week I'm concentrating my first $15 (60 entries) on lineups built around:

Wentz (40%) - juggernaut passing TDs only team against LOB-depleted secondary.  love the shootout potential of this game.  Pair with Ertz, Jeffery, Algolor, even Smith!

Wilson (15%) - see shootout potential above, involved in virtually every Hawks TD.  Pair with Jimmy Graham (not so much Baldwin recently).

Brady (15%) - Goat doing Goat things.  pair with Cooks and/or Gronk and/or Lewis and/or Rex.

Cam (15%) - involved in virtually every Panthers TD.  high variance vs Saints but good potential.  Pair with Funchess and a little Mcaffrey.  Wait and see on Olsen.

McCown (15%) - Hosting the broken Chiefs.  Pair with fast Robby, ASJ and/or a little Kearse.

I'm off Rivers because Cleveland sucks the fantasy points out of games.  I'll play Allen though. 

Tyrod and Winston are fliers to me...though I think the GB / TB game produces fantasy points.

I throw $20 at mass entry into $0.25 GPPs.  This week I'm concentrating my first $15 (60 entries) on lineups built around:
Have you been having much luck with this?  Like I posted in the week 12 thread, I am leaning to getting away from this route and just finding as many $1 SE contests I can.  Just so hard getting ahead of the field even if you have some good plays in these huge 25cent contests.  

KarmaPolice said:
Have you been having much luck with this?  Like I posted in the week 12 thread, I am leaning to getting away from this route and just finding as many $1 SE contests I can.  Just so hard getting ahead of the field even if you have some good plays in these huge 25cent contests.  
Objectively I'd say I do better in the SE contests...to the tune of slightly ahead of breakeven in such contests versus slightly below breakeven in mass entry.

However, on the whole I'm actually losing less (LOL!!) in the recent mass entry adventure I've been on for 4 weeks than when I was "custom building" 5-10 lineups and entering them in an assortment of $1, 2, 3, and 7 GPPs.

But the real reason I'm sticking with the current approach is the fun factor....there are many different ways to approach mass entry construction and I'm still having fun with it.

It didn't work out last week, but I'll say it again, start whoever is playing the Bills!  This week, double or nothing!  Tom Brady is something stupid like 15-2 in Buffalo. Buffalo generally plays the Patriots tougher in Foxboro and gets destroyed at home.  And here's the kicker that I haven't seen played up... Rob Gronkowski is FROM Buffalo and grew up a Bills fan.  He *ALWAYS* balls out in Buffalo.  Here are the stat lines from EVERY game he's played in Buffalo:

2010: 4/54/2TD

2011: 7/109/2TD

2012: 5/104/1TD

2013: Injured

2014: 7/94

2015: 7/113/1TD

2016: 5/109/1TD

That's quite a pattern!

It didn't work out last week, but I'll say it again, start whoever is playing the Bills!  This week, double or nothing!  Tom Brady is something stupid like 15-2 in Buffalo. Buffalo generally plays the Patriots tougher in Foxboro and gets destroyed at home.  And here's the kicker that I haven't seen played up... Rob Gronkowski is FROM Buffalo and grew up a Bills fan.  He *ALWAYS* balls out in Buffalo.  Here are the stat lines from EVERY game he's played in Buffalo:

2010: 4/54/2TD

2011: 7/109/2TD

2012: 5/104/1TD

2013: Injured

2014: 7/94

2015: 7/113/1TD

2016: 5/109/1TD

That's quite a pattern!
One of the podcasts I listen to mentioned this too.  

FatNate said:
I like the pick up for season long leagues, but this week's matchup is bad and I can't trust him, even for GPPs.
I just have a feeling Chargers will be up 21+ points end of first half and the corners relax a bit... You don't have to trust him for GPP play, just need a glimmer of hope for a high ceiling which he has.

Megla said:
It would not surprise me in the least to see us limit or even sit Fournette this week.

If Parnell and Omameh are a full return the Jags will be able to run with Yeldon/Grant and give Fournette another week to get back to 100%
I saw were Fournette was a full participate in Wednesday's practice.

SeniorVBDStudent said:

Wentz (40%) - juggernaut passing TDs only team against LOB-depleted secondary.  love the shootout potential of this game.  Pair with Ertz, Jeffery, Algolor, even Smith!

Wilson (15%) - see shootout potential above, involved in virtually every Hawks TD.  Pair with Jimmy Graham (not so much Baldwin recently).

Brady (15%) - Goat doing Goat things.  pair with Cooks and/or Gronk and/or Lewis and/or Rex.

Cam (15%) - involved in virtually every Panthers TD.  high variance vs Saints but good potential.  Pair with Funchess and a little Mcaffrey.  Wait and see on Olsen.

McCown (15%) - Hosting the broken Chiefs.  Pair with fast Robby, ASJ and/or a little Kearse.

I'm off Rivers because Cleveland sucks the fantasy points out of games.  I'll play Allen though. 

Tyrod and Winston are fliers to me...though I think the GB / TB game produces fantasy points.
Thanks for the comments.  With more research Wentz and Goff have been added to my list also.

Contest question:  I've noticed the past few weeks or so that on Sunday morning a bunch of $1 17 person contests show up in the 3-100 players section.  I've joined a few and the cut lines have been considerably lower than the $1 20 player contests that I'm also in.  Any idea what these are?  I'd like to think they were beginner contests, but Fanduel probably couldn't open them up to the masses as they would not be beginner anymore.  They are always 17 and there are never 17 player contests up during the week.  Just curious here.

General:  Anyone having more or less success than previous years?  I'm up just a little bit on the year and it seems alot tougher in general.  I feel like I've lost more than I've won.  Usually I'm starting to rally mid-Nov into the playoffs, but that hasn't happened yet.  Took a bad beat on Thanksgiving too, broke even instead of being 2x up because of Cousins kneels at the end (or something got adjusted down by .3 points because that's all it took).

OK, I was listening to another pod this morning and they said they were souring on J.Williams b/c A.Jones is back at practice and he could muddy those waters, and they didn't seem to love Collins b/c of Allen and Woodhead.  

RBs have been kicking my butt the last few weeks, so I am really trying to focus on that this week, but it seems like an odd week just like QB where a lot of the "studs" are in not great spots and the teams that have good rushing matchups have muddled backfields.  Just not sure what to do, especially if I was going to try a cash LU this week as I was leaning Gurley/J.Williams for that.  

Are you guys still trusting these situations, or are there other RBs you see on the cheap?

I just did 8 25cent entries for the Thurs-Mon since there is about 1/9th the entries as there is the for the big main slate one.  Here is what I came up with:

4 with the core of:  Keenum - Bell - Diggs/D.Adams/Evans + 50% Henry/50%Walker.  Then I rotated in a couple PKs, Defs, and 4 cheaper Rbs in D.Lewis, A.Morris, Lynch, J.Williams

3 with the core of:  Wentz - D.Lewis - Jeffery/Aghalor - Gronk.  I have 2 with Baldwin, one with AJ Green, and did the same thing as above - rotated similar cheap Rb2s and Def/PKs.

1 with a TNF core:  Cousins - L.Murray/D.Lewis - AJGreen/Crowder/Doctson - Gronk - Succop - Chargers.

In that top one, I might put J.Nelson in one or two instead if I end up with Adams in my cash LU.  

OK, I was listening to another pod this morning and they said they were souring on J.Williams b/c A.Jones is back at practice and he could muddy those waters, and they didn't seem to love Collins b/c of Allen and Woodhead.  

RBs have been kicking my butt the last few weeks, so I am really trying to focus on that this week, but it seems like an odd week just like QB where a lot of the "studs" are in not great spots and the teams that have good rushing matchups have muddled backfields.  Just not sure what to do, especially if I was going to try a cash LU this week as I was leaning Gurley/J.Williams for that.  

Are you guys still trusting these situations, or are there other RBs you see on the cheap?
For cash I'm pretty settled on Kamara/Gurly/Howard/Drake and maybe DLewis, just have to see what 2 I want to use.  May bite the bullet and go Kamara/Gurley paired along with either Rivers/Wentz/ and LAC def

Last edited by a moderator:
For cash I'm pretty settled on Kamara/Gurly/Howard/Drake and maybe DLewis, just have to see what 2 I want to use.  May bite the bullet and go Kamara/Gurley paired along with either Rivers/Wentz/ and LAC def
I am torn on the Ingram/Kamara thing - like I said above, it feels very weird paying 8.5K for 14-15 touches with Kamara.  For cash I have penciled in Gurley.  Right now I am leaning him + lower priced guy, but not sure.  Thanks for the input - Drake might be the best of the cheap guys because he has the least amount of competition for touches and I should add him to my list to dig into.  

Lastly - is Lynch somebody that can be trusted this week for cash?  Home faves, and he saw what - 27 carries last week?  Don't know if they will lean hard on him again with the 2 WRs out vs. a crap Giants team.  They would be smart to since that division is still up for grabs, but that doesn't mean they will.  

I am torn on the Ingram/Kamara thing - like I said above, it feels very weird paying 8.5K for 14-15 touches with Kamara.  For cash I have penciled in Gurley.  Right now I am leaning him + lower priced guy, but not sure.  Thanks for the input - Drake might be the best of the cheap guys because he has the least amount of competition for touches and I should add him to my list to dig into.  

Lastly - is Lynch somebody that can be trusted this week for cash?  Home faves, and he saw what - 27 carries last week?  Don't know if they will lean hard on him again with the 2 WRs out vs. a crap Giants team.  They would be smart to since that division is still up for grabs, but that doesn't mean they will.  
Cant stand the guy so my opinion is a bit tilted, also I may use SRob at WR so I can get 2 mid range WRs for my cash LU.  Will probably use Walker at TE as well, especially if RMath is ruled out again, so looking like could go as a core, Wentz/Kama/Gurley/SRob/Walker/LAC.

Could go Adams/Crowder/Novak for my Thur-Mon cash and then maybe Kupp/Novak for main cash

Cant stand the guy so my opinion is a bit tilted, also I may use SRob at WR so I can get 2 mid range WRs for my cash LU.  Will probably use Walker at TE as well, especially if RMath is ruled out again, so looking like could go as a core, Wentz/Kama/Gurley/SRob/Walker/LAC.

Could go Adams/Crowder/Novak for my Thur-Mon cash and then maybe Kupp/Novak for main cash
I had a LU in with Roberts, then listened to the RG show with Fbgs and they said the matchup isn't good vs DRC, and it takes him out of cash consideration for them.  :wall:   Still, 4.9k and it got me Wilson, Gurley, Hopkins, Theilen, Walker, Chargers D. 

Even if Jones comes back you gotta think they play Williams most snaps as his production last week was stellar.  I watched the whole game pretty closely, Hundley was looking his way nearly every snap - and they used the over the middle drop off pass with him many times in addition to his carries.  

Maybe Jones' return to the practice field will scare a lot of players off Williams which will be a good thing for GPP's but I'm all in at his price point. 

I am not interested in Collins, so I have not followed his situation.  I still think this week is Ja Williams' week.  The report I read said limited work for A Jones in practice.  It made it sound like this was the first step towards him being ready in the next couple of weeks.  Right now, I am confident in Ja Williams for this week (and I like him), but I admittedly need to research it more deeply.

I just did 8 25cent entries for the Thurs-Mon since there is about 1/9th the entries as there is the for the big main slate one.  Here is what I came up with:

4 with the core of:  Keenum - Bell - Diggs/D.Adams/Evans + 50% Henry/50%Walker.  Then I rotated in a couple PKs, Defs, and 4 cheaper Rbs in D.Lewis, A.Morris, Lynch, J.Williams

3 with the core of:  Wentz - D.Lewis - Jeffery/Aghalor - Gronk.  I have 2 with Baldwin, one with AJ Green, and did the same thing as above - rotated similar cheap Rb2s and Def/PKs.

1 with a TNF core:  Cousins - L.Murray/D.Lewis - AJGreen/Crowder/Doctson - Gronk - Succop - Chargers.

In that top one, I might put J.Nelson in one or two instead if I end up with Adams in my cash LU.  
I like Burkhead better than Lewis.  Why are do you prefer Lewis more?

Lynch worries me.  I might use him a couple of times, but I don't trust it.  I liked Drake on Monday, but by today I a lot less confidence in him.  I believe the volume and game script will be there, but I recently read how bad the line is (mostly due to injuries).

I like Burkhead better than Lewis.  Why are do you prefer Lewis more?
I just think that Lewis has looked great and it's a matter of time until he gets his TDs (if I remember right he was close last week, and Rex came in the next play and got the TD).  He is also getting slightly more consistent touches vs. Rex.  The last couple games he's had something like 6-7yds/carry and I just like that type of explosiveness and a chance to rip one off.  

I like both, but they are close enough in price that I like Lewis slightly more this week, and both look to be really low owned with a lot of talk of guys like J.Will, Drake, Collins, Lynch at the same price ranges of these two.  

I am beginning to question the two high dollar running backs I liked the most this week:  Fournette (for injury purposes) and Gurley (saw a few spots that specifically said not a cash option this week).  Any thoughts on these two?

I am beginning to question the two high dollar running backs I liked the most this week:  Fournette (for injury purposes) and Gurley (saw a few spots that specifically said not a cash option this week).  Any thoughts on these two?
I am just curious - what was the reason they gave for not using Gurley in cash?

Users who are viewing this thread