What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I need to make a trade for a WR (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
Currently in 2nd place overall (technically tied for 2nd but I've defeated the other person and lead in overall points) at 9-3.

With my waiver wire luck, all the WR I've picked up have turned duds or injured. And I had drafted WR a little late (my fault big time), however I can't complain even after losing my 1st round pick and late WR picks, I'm still 2nd overall. The person who is first overall will be up and down because he has lost Watson, Zeke, OBJ and a couple of other players to injury. The person I'm tied with has been on fire lately and he seems to be my actual competition. I've been eyeing Antonio Brown on another team that is out of playoff contentions HOWEVER they still put in a lot of effort to win - he is second to last at 4-8; just not sure what to offer him.

Reason I have 3 QB's: initially I had Smith & Carr, kept Carr out till he got healthy and Smith was on fire. Picked up Goff when Smith was on bye and Carr was mediocre. Now both Smith and Carr are giving mediocre points but Goff has improved a lot.

12-man Standard ESPN  (NON DYNASTY)- 1 QB | 2 RB | 2 WR | 1 TE | 1 Flex | 1 Def  | 1 K | 7 Bench 

MY TEAM

QB: Smith, Carr, Goff

RB: DJ*, Ingram, Miller, Perine, Darkwa, Clement

WR: D Jackson, Funchess

TE: Gronk, Graham

Def: Ravens, Lions

K: Zuerlein

OTHER TEAM

QB - Wentz, Prescott

RB: Crowell, Burkhead, J White, Montgomery

WR: AB, Cooper, Jinn Jr, R Anderson, Amendola

TE: Rudolph, Cook

Def: Steelers, Chiefs

K - Bryant

Leave me your link and I'll try to help you out too - thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My line-up now is (and most likely moving forward)

QB: Goff

RB: Ingram, Serine/Miller

WR: Jackson, Funchess

TE: Gronk

Flex: Graham

Def: Ravens

K: Zuerlein

Has the other team been eliminated from the playoffs?  If so, he shouldn't be trading away Antonio Brown.  If he is still trying to get in then something like Ingram & D-Jax for Brown could be a starting point.  He needs RB help but seems to be good most other places.

Has the other team been eliminated from the playoffs?  If so, he shouldn't be trading away Antonio Brown.  If he is still trying to get in then something like Ingram & D-Jax for Brown could be a starting point.  He needs RB help but seems to be good most other places.
I did package that trade, but he countered with Miller & Graham for AB. I might pull the trigger because Perine & Ingram will be my starting two RB's. Graham sits in my flex which was great, but now I can throw in AB as a starter WR and Funchess/Jackson into the flex. I think it's a fair trade.

And he is eliminated from playoffs but regardless, the ones eliminated still compete because we have a "Last Person" bet and everyone at the bottom is trying to save themselves  :lol: .

I did package that trade, but he countered with Miller & Graham for AB. I might pull the trigger because Perine & Ingram will be my starting two RB's. Graham sits in my flex which was great, but now I can throw in AB as a starter WR and Funchess/Jackson into the flex. I think it's a fair trade.

And he is eliminated from playoffs but regardless, the ones eliminated still compete because we have a "Last Person" bet and everyone at the bottom is trying to save themselves  :lol: .
That's great but typically anytime a non-playoff team and playoff team make trades in redraft leagues there are many chances for shenanigans.  But if your league can do it without issue that's great. 

The deal you mentioned is better than the Ingram/D-Jax offer I mentioned.  I would pull that trigger. 

That's great but typically anytime a non-playoff team and playoff team make trades in redraft leagues there are many chances for shenanigans.  But if your league can do it without issue that's great. 

The deal you mentioned is better than the Ingram/D-Jax offer I mentioned.  I would pull that trigger. 
Yeah, we implemented that last year so they're a bit more laid back on these types of trades - still look for the fairness. And yeah, I pulled the trigger.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread