What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW QB to supplant Dak (1 Viewer)

Hurl Bruce

Footballguy
So my league has playoffs weeks 15-17...I know, I know...it is what it is.

I'm in need of a win in the next two weeks to get a first round, week 15 bye.  Dak got me to the precipice, but he's faltered of late without Zeke.  I need one of these guys to carry the load potentially until Zeke comes back week 16.  Then I can go back to Dak or just stream with the WW QB I grab.

Options on the WW are:

Tyrod Taylor vs (NE, IND)

Jameis Winston vs (@GB, DET)

Josh McCown vs (KC, @DEN) 

6/TD, -5/INT

Who would you grab?

I really think McCown is the grab, especially with Talib out 2 games, but Tyrod is tempting.  I'm assuming Jameis is healthy enough to play.

Having the -5 pts per INT is a huge factor.  At this point I go with the QB you think will not turn the ball over.  Based on the matchups I think that is Tyrod.  McCown is not afraid to throw the ball up for grabs and even with Talib out the Broncos DB's are solid.  I would pick Tyrod. 

I avoid Winston for the turnover reason.  He is too prone to throwing the ball up for grabs.

Tyrod definitely is a safer bet. Especially up against IND.

McCown would have been hands down had it not been -5/INT, that's a big risk to run. For the season 8 INT - McCown, 3  INT- Tyrod.

Also, Winston is on the same boat - mainly because he's rehabbing a shoulder which I would think makes him more prone to turning it over.

Have agree on Tyrod and the safer option. That negative hit on INT is huge and Tyrod has only thrown about 3 so far this year.

Gonna agree with the others.  -5 INT is huge, Tyrod is a good bet to get you 1 TD and play it safe.

McCown probably has more upside, if that is what you are in need of.

Users who are viewing this thread