What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Evan Engram for Ricky Seals-Jones for Playoff Run? (1 Viewer)

Evan Engram or Ricky Seals-Jones for Weeks 15 & 16?

• Evan Engram

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Ricky Seals-Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kerosenedan

Footballguy
Q: Should I drop Evan Engram for Ricky Seals Jones?

I'm seriously considering dropping Engram for Ricky Seals-Jones for the playoffs. 

I've already clinched a Week 14 bye, so only Week 15 & 16 matter. 

Kelce's my starter so I would only use either one in case Kelce got injured or as a flex (my WRs are WEAK).

Engram's matchups are Week 15 vs Eagles (#10 vs TEs) and Week 16 vs Cardinals (#16 vs TEs). 
Seals-Jones in Week 15 @ Washington (#29 vs TEs) and Week 16 vs Giants (#32 vs TEs).   

After watching Engram drop ball after ball after ball (literally, there were 3) on Thanksgiving, I have little confidence that he's suddenly going to improve with Geno throwing him the ball.  Why is Engram a better play than a hot Seals-Jones down the stretch?

I dropped Engram for Seals-Jones as my starter.    Engram has been terrible and with Geno Smith taking the snaps it could get worse.  Seals-Jones seems to be a favorite of Gabbert and worth the risk in my opinion.

Wouldn't even consider it. So Engram had a bad game. Its likely he is the go-to guy for Geno, or whomever the Giants roll with. Seals-Jones has gotten in the endzone, but is barely even playing. Maybe I'm underreacting, but I think this is actually a silly question. 

Wouldn't even consider it. So Engram had a bad game. Its likely he is the go-to guy for Geno, or whomever the Giants roll with. Seals-Jones has gotten in the endzone, but is barely even playing. Maybe I'm underreacting, but I think this is actually a silly question. 
Engram has had three crappy games with less catches than drops and no more than 31 yds (with two games under 20 yds)   The Giants are going down hill fast and resorted to Geno Smith. 

Seals-Jones has had 5 & 6 targets which is in the ballpark of the targets that Engram has received (6 & 7) over that time frame.  Gabbert has some chemistry with Seals-Jones and even if his snap counts aren't high he is being used in quality situations (red zone) and is performing.  His snap count doubled over the last two weeks and that should continue with no tremendous TE's in Arizona to really battle. 

Sure it is a risk but I don't think Engram is generating a not of confidence as it is. 

Engram has had three crappy games with less catches than drops and no more than 31 yds (with two games under 20 yds)   The Giants are going down hill fast and resorted to Geno Smith. 

Seals-Jones has had 5 & 6 targets which is in the ballpark of the targets that Engram has received (6 & 7) over that time frame.  Gabbert has some chemistry with Seals-Jones and even if his snap counts aren't high he is being used in quality situations (red zone) and is performing.  His snap count doubled over the last two weeks and that should continue with no tremendous TE's in Arizona to really battle. 

Sure it is a risk but I don't think Engram is generating a not of confidence as it is. 
Maybe he'll be better than Engram, but I think Seals-Jones just feels like the dictionary definition of point chasing.

Users who are viewing this thread