What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best keeper for 2018 (1 Viewer)

thenick_ttu

Footballguy
I'm in a 14 team, PPR league, with 6 point passing TDs.  My team is out of the playoffs but I have a chance to trade Todd Gurley for a keeper eligible player for 2018.  Below is a list of the players I'm targeting and the 2018 draft pick I would have to give up in order to keep that player.  How would you rank the top 3 from this list.  Thanks for your input.

Melvin Gordon (5th round)
Jay Ajayi (5th round)
Michael Thomas (5th round)
Carson Wentz (7th round)
Duke Johnson (7th round)
Zach Ertz (7th round)
Adam Thielen (7th round)

edit to add:  Any player that I keep for 2018 would be keeper eligible for all years going forward.  It will just cost me a higher draft pick for each year that I keep him.  

Last edited by a moderator:
With 6 point passing TDs, I would seriously consider Wentz (ordinarily I wouldn't emphasize keeping a QB).  I think much of the decision would depend on how much you value keeping a RB/WR with more scarcity in that position.

1. Wentz, as explained above
2. Thielen:  is this year a flash in the pan?  I think he's shown he's for real.  QB situation is unknown though.
3. Ertz:  only put him below Thielen because there's not as much TE scarcity, but having him locked up with Wentz is appealing

1. Thomas, he's been unlucky in the TD department. But he's a 24 year old WR, in an elite offense, that is still improving. He's the easy #1 call in my opinion.

2. Gordon, you'd like to see more consistency, but he's is a threat for multiple TD's any given week, and is also in an improving offense, and still very young.

3. Ertz, one of only a handful of difference making TE's. 

1. Thomas 2. Ertz, 3. Ajayi  Thomas will remain a top WR no matter who his QB is next year. Ertz is simply a stud and I'd roll the dice on Ajayi. Philly's offense with Wentz looks like it can be fantasy friendly for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread