What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Elections Thread (3 Viewers)

Before someone shares the punchline maybe we should see if some of the Gary Johnson voters can tell the difference

Watkins, who has a father and wife who work as physicians, said the problem was rooted in the imposition of Obamacare and an obsession among liberal politicians to impose unnecessary regulations on doctors. He said the remedy to the flawed health care system was to let capitalism take over.
Jesus. :lmao: My hopes aren't high for this district - it still has a R +19 partisan lean - but this guy blows. 

My prediction. Dems win the overall vote by seven points and Republicans keep the house because of gerrymandering. 

vote.org is crediting Taylor Swift's recent posts for a  surge in voter registration, esp. among young people.
The downside is that the president says he now likes her music 25% less.
Last month, in Tennesse specifically, Vote.org registered 2,811 voters. In October alone, the site has reported registering 5,183 in the state.
that's significant.  in 9 days?

that's significant.  in 9 days?
The 2,811 is for 30 days. The 5,183 is for 8 days. That's a 7x increase. Also,the subhead says ""Vote.org reported nearly 65,000 people nationwide between the ages of 18 and 29 had registered since Sunday night." I don't know what a normal or "previous month" rate would be for comparison, though. Didn't see it if in the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
New poll showing Jacky Rosen trailing by 2 in Nevada.

If you want to give your money somewhere where you'll get bang for your buck, consider this race. She doesn't get a lot of attention because most people are assuming she'll win and that if she loses the Senate is already lost anyway. But Nevada is weird, Hillary won with big Hispanic turnout which generally is weak at midterms. Plus it's a spread-out state with two population centers hundreds of miles apart so she needs money.  Plus even if the Senate is lost for 2018, missing a chance to elect a Dem in a purple state in this climate would almost definitely come back to haunt the Dems for many years to come.

The 2,811 is for 30 days. The 5,183 is for 8 days. That's a 7x increase. Also,the subhead says ""Vote.org reported nearly 65,000 people nationwide between the ages of 18 and 29 had registered since Sunday night." I don't know what a normal or "previous month" rate would be for comparison, though. Didn't see it if in the article.
We need to get other big names on board like the Beatles or whomever the kids are listening to these days. 

If you want to give your money somewhere where you'll get bang for your buck, consider this race. She doesn't get a lot of attention because most people are assuming she'll win and that if she loses the Senate is already lost anyway. But Nevada is weird, Hillary won with big Hispanic turnout which generally is weak at midterms. Plus it's a spread-out state with two population centers hundreds of miles apart so she needs money.  Plus even if the Senate is lost for 2018, missing a chance to elect a Dem in a purple state in this climate would almost definitely come back to haunt the Dems for many years to come.
I am uninformed about this race and will read up on it the next couple days.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention; totally agree about looking races where contributions could have a big ROI.

I honestly can’t believe it’s that close.  Figured Hunter would win going away.  Gives me hope, the Eminences of the world aside.
If it makes you feel any better, 538 has the GOP with a 94.4% chance to hold NY 27, where the incumbent GOP candidate is the currently-under-indictment Chris Collins.

Who’s her opponent? I’ll donate to that person.

My father, brother, and I have never voted before. The first time we ever voted was for President Donald Trump in 2016. Fast forward 2-years later and this is the first time we are voting in mid-term elections. We are all voting Republican down the ticket.

There are more like us. Be afraid.

This sort of stuff is the reason they lost to Trump.  Running the country into the ground, flipping the bird at the working class and pretending it didn't pave the road straight to Trump.  If they're corrupt sleazeballs just like the GOP, we can go ahead and stop pretending Dems represent some sort of revival of democratic values.  It's the same thing over and over again.  There's gonna be a lot more Trumps.  
Nope. Trump's an all-in candidate. He leads to an imperial presidency or it all goes down in flames.

Last edited by a moderator:
My father, brother, and I have never voted before. The first time we ever voted was for President Donald Trump in 2016. Fast forward 2-years later and this is the first time we are voting in mid-term elections. We are all voting Republican down the ticket.

Wow, more men (white I assume) voting for Trump.  That's quite the coalition he's built there.

And none of y'all have ever voted before, and your first vote cast was for Trump.  Sounds about right. 

We need to get other big names on board like the Beatles or whomever the kids are listening to these days. 
yeah, those Beatle guys seem pretty popular. She was big winner at the AMAs last night and made another pitch:
"“This award and every single award given out tonight is voted on by the people. And you know what else is voted on by the people? - The midterm elections of Nov 6. Get out and vote,”

I am. 

Don't be.  There aren't enough of them.  Plus we saw all they could muster in 2016.  Their numbers have done nothing but decline since then.  Unless you believe that Bernie voters somehow love Trump and the Rs now...lmfao
You keep telling yourself that. See you with new excuses come November.

Nothing.  Just that old white dudes are not exactly a bigly diverse subset of the population he's chosen to solely focus on.  Also not a particularly growing segment of the population.
It seemed to work out for him in an election that nobody gave him a chance in. Seems like he knows what he's doing.

:shrug:

Don't be.  There aren't enough of them.  Plus we saw all they could muster in 2016.  Their numbers have done nothing but decline since then.  Unless you believe that Bernie voters somehow love Trump and the Rs now...lmfao
I wasn’t talking about this election in particular when I wrote that. I was talking more in general- the idea of politically ignorant people deciding to vote for the first time because they are attracted to the populist, nationalist, and bigoted messages being put out by the leader of today’s Republican Party; that is a very scary prospect for our future. 

Actually he had a chance, 28.6% to be exact.  
Wow. Okay, done talking to you. I'm referring to the loud mouths on TV and these boards that said he had no chance. Of course he statistically always had a chance being on the ballot. The basis of this conversation is battling hyperbole, not questioning legitimate entities projections.

What is a win for you in November?

Republicans keep the house and make gains in the Senate?
Maintain the majority, slick. It's that simple. The wall ain't going up if we don't have the votes.
I just wanted to know just so we can refer back to this on November 7th.

For me a Democrat win is at least at 225 Democrat seats about a net of 30 seats for the democrats and lose no more than 1 senate seat (ideally hold at 49-51)

Actually he had a chance, 28.6% to be exact.  
Wow. Okay, done talking to you. I'm referring to the loud mouths on TV and these boards that said he had no chance. Of course he statistically always had a chance being on the ballot. The basis of this conversation is battling hyperbole, not questioning legitimate entities projections.
So you talk in hyperbole and I talk in facts and numbers and you go stomping out of the room?  That is about why I expect from most of the Trump supporters I have encountered.

Why would we be afraid of democracy?  I hope more of everyone votes.

Users who are viewing this thread