What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Elections Thread (1 Viewer)

78 votes, 2% left.
Could be a bit misleading. I can't verify this but the local news mentioned that the absentee ballots in Milwaukee do not count towards that because they cannot verify what ballots are from what precinct at this point.  Milwaukee has shown 100% reporting for quite some time.

Regardless, both camps making plans for a recount

Assuming the 83% is votes and not precincts then there would still be about 80-90k votes - she'd gain about 50k votes.  The math is too fuzzy right now to know if that could take Kemp under 50% - I don't think it will but this is truly a case where she owes it to her constituents to let them count the votes.

Assuming the 83% is votes and not precincts then there would still be about 80-90k votes - she'd gain about 50k votes.  The math is too fuzzy right now to know if that could take Kemp under 50% - I don't think it will but this is truly a case where she owes it to her constituents to let them count the votes.
How many provisional ballots were cast due to Kemp's voter purges?   They don't get counted tonight, right?

It speaks to 2020. Positively.
The senate in general seems like it's going to be a tough win for Ds. This cycle was especially brutal, but I don't see a clear path to Ds taking it back in 2020, either. Doug Jones's seat is super vulnerable next cycle. The two prime pickup opportunities for Dems are probably Colorado and Maine, but that doesn't get them to 50-51. Maybe Arizona's other seat? They would still need to make pickups elsewhere, and it's only going to be harder if they can't win AZ and NV tonight.

Walker's camp giving the "this isn't over" and "we'll look at recount options" speech. If it's over 1% Walker will have to pay for it so we'll see. This might be about 1.1% if the Milwaukee numbers and the canvas hold.

How many provisional ballots were cast due to Kemp's voter purges?   They don't get counted tonight, right?
It's discouraging to say the least.  Thankfully I was already resigned to it - and I kind of agree with Tim and NCC - what else can we do other than keep voting and fighting for everybody's rights?

It's Georgia. Shocking, I say!
I said last week that I thought this election was one or two cycles too soon for GA to turn blue but I'd like to look on the bright side here.  Abrams would have been the first AA woman governor ever and right now it looks like she's lose by 1-2 pts.  In Georgia - to use your words, I think that's actually a little shocking to some people and makes me hopeful for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN stats now showing Fulton at 100% and she's still down about 100k and didn't push Kemp below the 50% threshold.  Kemp was such a #### during this campaign they should push for investigations but in reality, I do think it is now over.

Abrams is down 2.5% in Georgia with the votes in but the provisional ones have not been added. She's not going to concede until every vote has been counted. She's down about 95,000.

Hard work is in our bones, and we have proven this every single day, Georgia ... Tonight, we have closed the gap between yesterday and tomorrow. But we still have a few more miles to go. Here me clearly – that, too, is an opportunity to show the world who we are. Because in Georgia, civil rights has always been an act of will and a battle for our souls...

Democracy only works when we work for it, when we fight for it, when we demand it. And apparently today when we stand in lines for hours to meet at the ballot box, that’s when democracy works. But I’m here tonight to tell you, votes remain to be counted. There are voices that are waiting to be heard....

We believe our chance for a stronger Georgia is just within reach. But we cannot seize it until all voices are heard. And I promise you tonight we’re going to make sure that every vote is counted. Every single vote. Every vote’s getting counted ... In a civilized nation, the machinery of democracy should work for everyone, everywhere, not just in certain places and not just on the certain day.

Users who are viewing this thread