What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The best binge watches of all time (1 Viewer)

In addition to your list, add The Wire, The Shield, and Mad Men.

kinda dumb though, it’s basically a top 100 shows list. 

Justified.  Make sure you get to season 2.

Early season one, I'm not sure they knew what they wanted it to be.  But eventually they got their footing and steered away from a more self-contained episode to episode procedural to multi-episode arcs and it was so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont know if or where it's available but the only season of The Fugitive's 2nd run (2000, Tim Daly) would be a nice 20 hrs of television viewing (tho it ends on a cliffhanger because it wasnt renewed). Truly a realfolks drama, too real for its time, i guess

Alias is another less obvious one. Fun to watch JJAbrams write his heroine in and out of trouble.

For sitcoms, i'd recommend 30Rock. The setup/world of the show lends itself to multi-ep watching more than most comedies

I actually think True Detective S1 is one of the all time worst binge watch shows. You needed to watch it live so you could get in on the conversation and speculation. 

I was late to The Wire, so I got to binge that. 

I watched BB, Sopranos and The Shield "live", but would have loved binging those. 

Justified.  Make sure you get to season 2.

Early season one, I'm not sure they knew what they wanted it to be.  But eventually they got their footing and steered away from a more self-contained episode to episode procedural to multi-episode arcs and it was so much fun.
I made it through a few episodes and gave up. Second chance?

Not exactly sure if it’s technically “binging” but we watched Lost at two to three episodes at a time. Loved it, till the last episode!

I actually think True Detective S1 is one of the all time worst binge watch shows. You needed to watch it live so you could get in on the conversation and speculation. 
That’s a good call. I’m a huge fan of podcasts and for entertainment, I enjoy the bald move podcasts. I listen to theirs for GoT, Westworld, Breaking Bad and True Detective when they’re on, and even Stranger Things. It adds a fun element to the viewing and also adds content and discussion to shows I enjoy. 

A month back when Stranger Things came out, I actually watched an episode, listened to their podcast, watched an ep, podcast, etc...  it was fun and they binged and did all their podcast by the end of the weekend of release.

I was late to The Wire, so I got to binge that. 

I watched BB, Sopranos and The Shield "live", but would have loved binging those. 
I watched the Shield live, but just finished a binge rewatch literally two days ago. It’s on Hulu now and still holds up really well. 

Breaking Bad, easily. 

It's still hard to believe I got through Seasons 1-4 in less than two weeks (if I was home and awake those two weeks, I was watching Breaking Bad). 

Sons of Anarchy

You're so involved from show to show rapid fire that the stupid takes a little longer to creep up on you after season 3.

i dont know how much of it is on Netflix or whatever, but the Brits offer a bunch of great binging opportunities with their miniseries, novelizations & such, mostly connected to Materpiece Theater. Jewel in the Crown (still my favorite TV experience), I Claudius, the Colin Firth Pride & Prejudice, Forsyte Saga, Brideshead Revisited, Prime Suspect, Sherlock, the original House of Cards & The Office and tons & tons of Dickens (Bleak House & Little Dorrit the best), as well as the wonderful ongoing Wolf Hall

avoiding injuries said:
I made it through a few episodes and gave up. Second chance?
I would, yes.  It's been a really long time since I've seen it but I think you gotta get to the second half of the 1st season before they started finding their groove.  Hell, you might be able to get away with starting at season 2, but I'm not sure on that.  Season two was amazing.

i dont know how much of it is on Netflix or whatever, but the Brits offer a bunch of great binging opportunities with their miniseries, novelizations & such, mostly connected to Materpiece Theater. Jewel in the Crown (still my favorite TV experience), I Claudius, the Colin Firth Pride & Prejudice, Forsyte Saga, Brideshead Revisited, Prime Suspect, Sherlock, the original House of Cards & The Office and tons & tons of Dickens (Bleak House & Little Dorrit the best), as well as the wonderful ongoing Wolf Hall
Have you tried "The Crown"? 

Breaking Bad is really the only show I have binge watched.  Something about that show makes it so easy to just keep going.

Is that coming back at some point? I thought they went through both books already

Another thumbs up for Firefly.  Nathan Fillion in War Stories.... / Thread

Shows i've binge watched:

Game of Thrones. (Best TV I've ever watched)

The Last Kingdom (I posted about this in the Netflix thread-really really enjoyed this and still surprised it has had relatively little buzz. To me it's kind of GOT "lite") can't wait for the next season.

Stranger Things. Liked this a lot though probably not to the level of a lot of other people. My wife loved this.

The 100. I enjoyed this a lot despite all its many flaws (someone in the Netflix thread laid them out pretty well, maybe El Floppo?). Just very entertaining. What annoyed me the most about this series was that they just hammered the idea of moral ambiguity. Not everyone vacillates between moral clarity and moral ambiguity. I almost stopped watching this when Clarke behaved out of character (missile attack).

Ozark. Interesting, enjoyable. Have to be able to set aside unrealistic decision making but I liked it.

Frontier. Almost through S2. Like this though it has some flaws. Still interesting and enjoyable watch. Some really cheap plot mechanisms at times ("I'll create a distraction"). 

Thats it for me. I've had Netflix for several years through SIL but have never bothered to check anything out until relatively recently. Other than sports I'm not a big tv person-most of my tv watching over the past several years has been reruns of preferred shows (friends, bbt, shark tank). I'm new to watching entire seasons in one or two nights. Have to admit I like it though. I've watched only one episode of Breaking Bad; I know I'm missing something special based on everything I've read here and elsewhere. At some point I'll get to it.

Beef Ravioli said:
Not exactly sure if it’s technically “binging” but we watched Lost at two to three episodes at a time. Loved it, till the last episode!
My answer to the original question is Lost Season 1. I've never been more captivated/have to watch the next episode.

There's obviously diminishing returns beyond that and for a series in its entirety, it certainly wouldn't be #1 for me but the first season, or even the first two or three are up there with anything in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread