What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thanks Gronkowski you moron (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Thanks to his cheap shot that concussed a player you will probably need a replacement at TE during your fantasy playoffs.  He will definitely get suspended, but for how long I have no idea.

:wall: find ourselves in the position of hoping the NFL does the wrong thing and displays their usual arbitrary hypocrisy. i dont think so this time though.

Can I just express how much I dislike Ez Elliot.  Thanks for making your suspension fall during the playoffs.  And thumbs up to you For today Michael Crabtree.

The NFL’s decision-making process is arbitrary and capricious. No one should be assuming anything about punishment until a decision is announced.

Deserves a game, IMHO, but you never know what the NFL will do. I doubt it's more than one, though, as that would keep him out of the Pitt game. 

Trevathan got 2 games reduced to 1 when he concussed Davante Adams earlier this year.

Variations on that theme, but that's the best comp this year IMO.

That was cheap and knowing how goodell hates the pats I bet he gets a game
He deserves a game anyway. However you feel about the Pats, that action deserves a game. Even more so knowing the end result of a concussion, a massive issue the league is trying to deal with. Suspension is basically guaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that was out of character for him. I would call that intent to injure and a one game suspension is likely IMO. He doesn't have much (any?) priors so he might appeal and win.

He's been hurt on dirty hits before, he should know better. I understand he was frustrated - white grabbed his jersey repeatedly before making the interception and wasn't called - but that was the wrong way to handle it and  if you watch the clip he knew it immediately afterwards.  I wouldn't be upset with a game suspension. 

Not that it's relevant to the dirty play on Gronk's part, but how did none of the 7 officials on the play call any of the three penalties on the Bill?  Two holdings and a PI.

1. Goodell likes to punish Bob Kraft’s team

2. Obvious cheap shot. Players have been getting 1 game for that this year

i think he’ll get 1 game. Maybe play a week on appeal (14), then miss week 15 if upheld.

if I owned Gronk I’d be holding my breath for sure. 

Definitely should have had a penalty called against him.  That said, I see a big fine but not necessarily a suspension.  If there is one, it'll be 1 game, IMO.

That was one of the worst cheap shots I have seen in years.  If he isn't suspended for at least one game then this league is a complete joke.

I think he’ll get 1 game. Maybe play a week on appeal (14), then miss week 15 if upheld.
I doubt this would ever be the outcome. NE faces PIT Week 15. The Pats would just sit him next week against MIA rather than not have him for the Steelers game. 

He can get suspended a game. Appeal, and have it resolved all in the same week. That happened last week with the 2 games to 1 game suspensions. 
This.  It just happened this week, so why would be any different with Gronk?  If he is suspended and appeals, it will be resolved within a few days.

He can get suspended a game. Appeal, and have it resolved all in the same week. That happened last week with the 2 games to 1 game suspensions. 
This, unless the guy takes it to court the appeal is always heard the same week. The Brady's and Zeke's of the world are the exception to the rule. Look at all the guys this year, Crabtree, Talib, Trevathan, Mike Evans and I am sure there is more.

Users who are viewing this thread