What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 (Playoffs) Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Peyton Barber, if he hasn't been picked up yet after being announced as starter. Could possibly keep the job after almost 150 total yards vs. GB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trent Taylor in ppr leagues with Garoppolo now at QB. 

Who is the choice between Westbrook and Hurns on JAX or too risky of an unknown going into playoffs?

Thoughts on Ryan Grant?

Mike Davis. 104 total yards against the Eagles D. Looked great doing it and had the overwhelming majority of the RB snap share. 

Who is the choice between Westbrook and Hurns on JAX or too risky of an unknown going into playoffs?

Thoughts on Ryan Grant?
Westbrook for sure. He's now seen target totals of 6, 10 and 9 and target share totals of 20%, 30% and 25%. JAC's schedule is soft too.

Brate if dropped?

Tion Green. Temper expectations (especially if there's any question about Stafford's availability), but anyone who might score a TD is gold at this time of year.

3 TEs to consider:

Stephen Anderson - where did that come from?

David Njoku - great stat line 6/4-74-1, has looked impressive all year. With all the Coleman / Gordon attention, could be a solid RZ target. Great athlete and high points the ball well.

Ricky Seals-Jones has 16 targets the last 3 weeks (5/2-44-0 WK 13)

Thoughts on Ryan Grant?
I go Westbrook. Who knows if Hurns is 100% and Westbrook is getting good targets as a possession WR. Agholar lit up the Seahawks last night. DeDe could do the same.

Going to the ASJ well if Gronk is suspended. Denver is the 2nd worst against the TE in fantasy and ASJ should see a reemergence after 2 weeks of Robbie A and Kearse stealing the show.

Peyton Barber, if he hasn't been picked up yet after being announced as starter. Could possibly keep the job after almost 150 total yards vs. GB.
Somehow I missed that announcement and picked up Jacquizz with my priority waiver positioning.  I'll be making claim for Barber but won't get him with my end of the line waiver positioning.  :kicksrock:   

Chris..Carson?

Dugar, Michael-Shawn (@MikeDugar)

12/4/17, 11:53 AM

Carroll on Chris Carson: "He's unbelievably ahead of schedule." He was "flying" when Carroll watched him run last week. Doesn't know if Carson can practice this week. Probably have him back for final 2 games

Need a TE with Gronk suspended, as I imagine a few of us do. Clay, Hooper, V. Davis, Anderson and Njoku are all available. Leaning Clay vs. Indy.

I'd make Trey Burton top of that list if Ertz doesn't clear the concussion protocol.
That's a really good call. Ertz doesn't need to rush back for anything, really. With his history of head injuries, he'll be a good candidate to miss this week. 

I'm in on Mike Davis.  Lottery ticket for sure, but if (big if) he can establish something could be big.  Carson waiting in the wings is big concern though.

Jimmy G looked sharp and put up almost 300 yards passing against a really stout Chargers pass D. If he three even one TD people would be very excited about using their top priorities on him for his playoff schedule. 

I think he will be worth a flier against the Texans and will be starting him over bortles and hundley.

I'm in on Mike Davis.  Lottery ticket for sure, but if (big if) he can establish something could be big.  Carson waiting in the wings is big concern though.
Despite Carroll's comments on Carson, I'm not concerned as a Davis owner. Carson isn't going to practice this week I thought I read, so Davis is fine this week. You'd think next week would be ok too, given that Davis isn't practicing yet and Carroll might be being overly optimistic. I think at best he's back week 16, but more likely they are looking at a return in the playoffs. Just my feeling on it.

Kearse is still out there...thoughts on him vs. Denver this week?  Typically not worth the risk vs. that pass D but this isn't your father's Broncos...

Somehow I missed that announcement and picked up Jacquizz with my priority waiver positioning.  I'll be making claim for Barber but won't get him with my end of the line waiver positioning.  :kicksrock:   
I missed it due to getting up late and going to our later service.  I’d love to know how it plays out with Barber and Martin (if he comes back from then concussion this week)

Dropping Abdullah for Mike Davis was liberating...
Felt that way when I dropped Martin Sunday. For nobody. Technically I needed to drop a couple to clear guys off IR (Smith-Schuster & Woods.) Dropped Davante Parker for a TE streamer.

Just get off my playoff roster, can’t believe I drafted you bums.  :lol:

Upside Week 15 is hard to project. Davis still gonna be the snap/utilization hog? Carson coming back? Same deal in Miami...will Drake dominate touches or does it become a split again with Williams? Or ignore Dolphins?

I’ve avoided Seattle all year. My RB4 is Perine who doesn’t have much competition for touches but his O-line is a hot mess. As is the Seahawks for that matter.

Probably just gonna focus on getting Connor & Gio (handcuffs) on my roster during the bye week.

gio has me very intrigued, was very fantasy relevant when given 15+ touches previously in his career. could be a nice one week play

gio has me very intrigued, was very fantasy relevant when given 15+ touches previously in his career. could be a nice one week play
Looked great last night. TC & early in the year he didn’t look himself, had a light load all year, and most importantly, the line has finally started to gel the last few weeks. He’s a must add.

BobbyLayne said:
Upside Week 15 is hard to project. Davis still gonna be the snap/utilization hog? Carson coming back?
I think if Davis plays well the next two weeks, the backfield will be predominantly his even with Carson coming back. Carroll has always seemed to prefer a workhorse, but it's been a revolving door of injuries and underperformance (Rawls and Lacy) that has altered the approach this year.

sho nuff said:
  I’d love to know how it plays out with Barber and Martin (if he comes back from then concussion this week)
Barber should be the guy, but as it often goes, the highly paid incumbent typically gets his job back. I don't think Barber will go back to being on mothballs, but will probably just have a situational role.

RB 

Peyton Barber - Won't know if he's starting this week until later on and most WW decisions are made tonight

WR 

Trent Taylor - if you weren't ahead of the game and snagged him last week

Jermaine Kearse - I guess if you're really in a pinch. Hard to trust this guy though (I've dropped him twice already0

TE

Trey Burton - If Ertz is out

RB 

Peyton Barber - Won't know if he's starting this week until later on and most WW decisions are made tonight

WR 

Trent Taylor - if you weren't ahead of the game and snagged him last week

Jermaine Kearse - I guess if you're really in a pinch. Hard to trust this guy though (I've dropped him twice already0

TE

Trey Burton - If Ertz is out
No interest in Davis or Gio?  Kearse with back to back 20+ pt games is very intriguing.

No interest in Davis or Gio?  Kearse with back to back 20+ pt games is very intriguing.
I was actually looking at my WW. I snagged Mike Davis last week so I'm ahead of the curve I suppose (also got Trent Taylor during this past week but listed him because most weren't onto him).

Another intriguing option could be Aaron Jones. Jamaal Williams did well this week. Aaron Jones gets 1 touch and takes it 20 yards to the house to win the game in OT. He had done well before being injured. Perhaps this is a committee, but could be worth a shot at this point due to how thin the WW is.

I was actually looking at my WW. I snagged Mike Davis last week so I'm ahead of the curve I suppose (also got Trent Taylor during this past week but listed him because most weren't onto him).

Another intriguing option could be Aaron Jones. Jamaal Williams did well this week. Aaron Jones gets 1 touch and takes it 20 yards to the house to win the game in OT. He had done well before being injured. Perhaps this is a committee, but could be worth a shot at this point due to how thin the WW is.
Jones is worth it to a Williams owner or owners who have the bench room to stash a potential lottery ticket.

Not sure right now if anyone could start Jones...I think Williams continues to get the bulk of the work this season if healthy.  But if injured, you now have Jones as a lotto ticket ready to cash in.

Is Mike Davis worth using the #1 waiver on if you don't need him, but to play keep away from other playoff teams?

Is Mike Davis worth using the #1 waiver on if you don't need him, but to play keep away from other playoff teams?
Yes, I think this guy has looked excellent. He seems to have taken over the lead role in a potent offense. If your opponent scoops him up you may regret it. Of coarse it all depends on your needs.

Who's the better pickup for ROS; Barber or Mike Davis?
I prefer Davis. He had over 100 total yards against a legit defense and has little in his way for competition, plus he plays on an explosive offense. As good as Barber looked he faced a really weak defense and could lose his job to Doug Martin upon his return

I prefer Davis. He had over 100 total yards against a legit defense and has little in his way for competition, plus he plays on an explosive offense. As good as Barber looked he faced a really weak defense and could lose his job to Doug Martin upon his return
Id agree...I think Davis has a stronger hold on the job for now...but neither are for sure starters.  Davis also should have better game scripts due to Seattle just being a better team than Tampa.

Id like Barber more if I knew he had a better shot to hold off Martin...his schedule the next 3 weeks is pretty nice.

• Detroit who Collins just lit up...McKinnon/Murray the week before, Howard/Cohen the week before that, and Crowell the week before that...all put up good numbers.
  • Atlanta again who he had the 2 TDs against...McKinnon and Murray just had a nice day against them too...
  • Carolina...just saw what Ingram and Kamara did to them, K. Drake had a nice game against them recently too.  Thats the toughest run D they will face.
For me this week...Im ranking these guys available in my league

1. Davis
  2. Barber right with him
  3. Aaron Jones (more of a lotto if Williams gets dinged)
  4. Gio pending Mixon's status...likely only a one week thing though?

Users who are viewing this thread