What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you need tonight? (1 Viewer)

Big Ben to score less than 19 in a 6 pt passing league for a first round bye in the playoffs, which could be very key now as I'm a Gronk owner.

This game sets up well for this to happen with his poor road performance, Cinci's solid pass defense, and banged up WRs for Pitt. Which means he will explode.

In as a #4 seed; could move to 3rd, could move to 2nd (& earn a bye), should win the points title.

- IF Big Ben & Boswell outscore PIT DST by 14.73 I move up one seed (39% chance)

- IF AJ Green scores 23.02 points I move up one seed (54% chance)

- IF AJ Green outscores Bell by less than 17.08 (or, obviously, if Le’veon scores more), I win the season points title (no % but this seems very likely)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the playoffs no matter what but with a win I am the 4 seed and a loss the 6 seed.  I would much rather be the 6 seed and face the 3 seed.  Would it be bad for me to sit Bell to ensure I lose?

Contest - low scoring game

Playoffs - a time machine so I can bench Carr for mccown and Booker for Henry.

Kroft vs JuJu down 6 points. Win and i get a first round bye. 

AJG vs Burfict where defensive players don’t normally score more than 2-5 on average. I need AJG to out score him by 16 points to lock up the points lead and auto win my buyin back. Good news is I snuck into first seed this week. 

AB + Boswell in tonight, need just under 2 points to get into playoffs. It's not right that I gotta sweat this out for less than 2 points with the best scoring WR in the league going tonight... c'mon AB suck it up! negative points in play for kickers, so this could be a nail biter.

I need Andy Dalton and AJ Green to get into a pre-game fight with each other and get suspended for the game. 

36 from ben in a PPC league

41 from Juju and AJ in a .5ppr

both can happen, but unlikely i win the second after starting the lions D and Ertz going down

Some major needle threading. I own Bell in one league where I'm behind and my opponent has him in a league where I'm ahead. So I need more than 5 points in a 0.5 PPR and less than 7 in standard.

I'm not holding my breath.

PPR between me and one other guy for playoffs: 20.87 from Green, Boswell, CIN defense (win straight up) OR 23.29 from Brown, PIT defense (other guy loses)

I still don't feel as confident as I should be - hope Brown is healthy 

need AB (or M Bryant if AB inactive) to outscore AJ Green by 4.8 pts in 0.5ppr.... considering AB typically struggles against cinci... and big ben is poop on the road... not excited about my chances.... kicker is if i win i am #1 seed and get bye... if I lose i fall all the way to #3 and have to play next week

I need Antonio Brown to play after benching both Shepard and Seth Roberts for him and electing to roll the dice on his availability after Tyreek Hill exploded in my opponent's lineup.  If so, I'll have Mixon and Brown looking to overcome a 10.7-point deficit against AJ Green (0.5 PPR).

It's a 16-team league so... needless to say, Bryant was not able to be plucked off the wire as insurance.  Neither was Lafell.  Or any running back due to our flex rules.  Or any tight end.  My insurance is... Alex Erickson's return yardage.  Yay?

If I win, I'll have the #1 seed locked up.  If I lose, I'll wind up in 2nd or 3rd with a likely date against the hottest team in the league on a 9-game win streak in Week 15.

wormburner said:
12 combined points from A.J. Green and Chris Boswell and I'm in the playoffs!
I need boswell to outscore green by at least 5 and I get a bye - but both of those things can happen.

I am in with a week 14 bye no matter what so I need a snack & some ladies.

23 points from Bell or less than 14 points from AJG for a bye in one league (doubleheaders).

16 points from AJG to make the playoffs in one league. 19 points from AJG to win total points in that same league. 

Already locked up a bye in another league but 2 points from either AB or his injury replacement Eli Rogers blocks a division rival from a wildcard playoff spot so...hoping to play spoiler.

30 points from Bell in PPR gives me the points title for one league, which would get me my league fee back.  I'm not going to make the playoffs due to unbelievably poor luck, so that's all I've got left for this season.

In another league, I'm hoping Mixon goes off, but I can't reasonably expect to win.  He'd need to drop 40.

Hill just put up 40+ for me last night so it's possible.
Standard league with no bonuses. So Green would need about 160/4 minimum. Even if I was someone who had great luck this Fantasy Football season (just the opposite) I'm not holding my breath.

Brown < 32 in PPR and < 28 in 0.5PPR

Green to not be outscored by Bryant by more than 5.

Green to not be outscored by Boswell by more than 7.

I need Antonio Brown to play after benching both Shepard and Seth Roberts for him and electing to roll the dice on his availability after Tyreek Hill exploded in my opponent's lineup.  If so, I'll have Mixon and Brown looking to overcome a 10.7-point deficit against AJ Green (0.5 PPR).

It's a 16-team league so... needless to say, Bryant was not able to be plucked off the wire as insurance.  Neither was Lafell.  Or any running back due to our flex rules.  Or any tight end.  My insurance is... Alex Erickson's return yardage.  Yay?

If I win, I'll have the #1 seed locked up.  If I lose, I'll wind up in 2nd or 3rd with a likely date against the hottest team in the league on a 9-game win streak in Week 15.
Eli Rogers not available?

I am +2, opponent has Shazier (averages about 12 ppg).  I have AB - but he is unplayable tonight leaving me with Martavis Bryant to fill in.  So I will need at least 5 catches for 100 yards.  A td woul dmake things a little easier.  Win, I am 2 seed with a bye.  Lose and I have a nightmare matchup in the 4-5.  Tie and I am in the 3-6 which is MUCH better than the 4-5.  5-6 seeds are locked in and the 5 seed is probably the best team heading into the playoffs.

In my biggest money league, its win and in, and lose and I'm out.

In that league I have BIG BEN + ANTONIO BROWN, and I'm facing LEVEON BELL + TYLER KROFT + AN 8.75 POINT LEAD.

My choices were Ben or Mariota, and Mariota has been awful all season. My thoughts were go down swinging with Ben. If I started Mariota (even though it was a good matchup) if he had another brutal night and cost me a shot at the playoffs, I would have been irate all next offseason.  He has been bad virtually all season, so I wasn't going down that road.

I do have Brandon LaFell in the event AB doesn't play.

Not exactly loving this, but it is what it is.  FWIW- I know how Big Ben is on the road, and I fully expect him to lay an egg here, and knock me out of the playoffs.

But, I have been extremely lucky in life lately, so if I'm out, I can handle it.  :thumbup:

TZM

Last playoff spot...i am up 21.5

I'm all in...he has Ben and Kroft.

I think it comes down to whether or not Kroft catches a TD. If he does, the other dude wins, if he doesn't I win.

BobbyLayne said:
In as a #4 seed; could move to 3rd, could move to 2nd (& earn a bye), should win the points title.

- IF Big Ben & Boswell outscore PIT DST by 14.73 I move up one seed (39% chance) This happened, 80% it holds up

- IF AJ Green scores 23.02 points I move up one seed (54% chance) This happened, 87% it holds up

- IF AJ Green outscores Bell by less than 17.08 (or, obviously, if Le’veon scores more), I win the season points title (no % but this seems very likely) This happened, up by 11.39 with 8:55 left - CIN about to punt 
:pickle:

ETA: That was pretty lucky ? 

23 points from Bell for a bye in one league
Check

16 points from AJG to make the playoffs in one league. 19 points from AJG to win total points in that same league. 
Double check  $$$

Already locked up a bye in another league but 2 points from either AB or his injury replacement Eli Rogers blocks a division rival from a wildcard playoff spot so...hoping to play spoiler.
Check

Good game for me. :ptts:

In my biggest money league, its win and in, and lose and I'm out.

In that league I have BIG BEN + ANTONIO BROWN, and I'm facing LEVEON BELL + TYLER KROFT + AN 8.75 POINT LEAD.

Not exactly loving this, but it is what it is.  FWIW- I know how Big Ben is on the road, and I fully expect him to lay an egg here, and knock me out of the playoffs.

But, I have been extremely lucky in life lately, so if I'm out, I can handle it.  :thumbup:

TZM

Well, amazingly got by in this one. 

Barring a big stat correction, I will just sneak in, by less than 3 points.

Quite possibly, the luckiest week of my life, and this is a cherry on top. 

Playoff bound in 3/4 leagues, thanks to this close one.

TZM

Last playoff spot...i am up 21.5

I'm all in...he has Ben and Kroft.

I think it comes down to whether or not Kroft catches a TD. If he does, the other dude wins, if he doesn't I win.
In standard this was 21.0, in full PPR 23.0

:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread