What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Every play counts. Worst loss ever (1 Viewer)

ShaqAttaq

Morally Ambiguous
needed to win my game this week and outscore my opponent by a 21.5 or so points to win a tiebreaker for division winner. loser doesn't make playoffs.

i'm ahead by less than one point after sunday games, with dalton going on monday night on my behalf. he gets a little over 18 in the first half, then cincy's offense just goes home after the first possession.

Season total points:  [not me] 1515.02   [me] 1514.88  I will be monitoring the stat corrections closely.

:ptts:

Yeah, I don't know. Last week I was playing my rival for the division. I needed 8.2 from Woodhead. He got me 8.5. Had to sweat that all night. Then on Thursday my opponent got an additional tackle from his IDP and I lost by .7. 

We had a team start the season 0-6 and they missed the last play-off spot last night by 1.47 pts. Started Mixon...

Lost the season scoring title and $100 bonus by .47 points last night despite losing DJ and Rodgers. 

This was supposed to be fun. I'm not having any fun right now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the Justin Houston fumble recovery and TD on the lateralooski last play against WAS earlier in the season that cost me that game also just cost me a playoff spot.

Sometimes you’re the bug and sometimes you’re the windshield.  I’m just grateful that I’m in a league that is so competitive that literally every play during the FF season can make a significant impact.  Wouldn’t want it any other way even though I ended up on the short end ths time.

needed to win my game this week and outscore my opponent by a 21.5 or so points to win a tiebreaker for division winner. loser doesn't make playoffs.

i'm ahead by less than one point after sunday games, with dalton going on monday night on my behalf. he gets a little over 18 in the first half, then cincy's offense just goes home after the first possession.

Season total points:  [not me] 1515.02   [me] 1514.88  I will be monitoring the stat corrections closely.

Sucks

forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760869-bad-beat-sob-stories/#comment-20461574

Lost the last playoff spot by 125 points on a tie breaker.  Tough break when Joe Mixon went our.  Just needed him to go for 1000 yards and three TDs and another 11 yards receiving.  

Lost the last playoff spot by 125 points on a tie breaker.  Tough break when Joe Mixon went our.  Just needed him to go for 1000 yards and three TDs and another 11 yards receiving.  
That's what happens when Coach Otis takes a breather from fantasy football.  

ShaqAttaq said:

Well you got screwed big time on the holding call that was not a hold on the Dalton to Green 61 yard TD pass.  Only reason I know that is that I have Green and lost by 1 point last night.  :angry:

I once lost a championship on a couple of MNF victory kneel downs by Aaron Brooks back in the day. I couldn't possibly top it.

I lost by a yard in a semi final game. Had Rudi Johnson and Chad Johnson going. Rudi had a run that got him to 81 yards in the 3rd quarter. Next play he lost 2 yards. He didn't get another carry the whole game and Chad dropped every pass after that. Lost by 1 yard that he got and lost.

Well you got screwed big time on the holding call that was not a hold on the Dalton to Green 61 yard TD pass.  Only reason I know that is that I have Green and lost by 1 point last night.  :angry:
He pulled his jersey. Not saying it was a bad hold but he def held on the play. 

Guy in 7th place in my 12 man league (win and he's in the playoffs) was down by 3.6 as Boswell lined up for a 43 yard FG last night at the very end.  Penalty by Cin shortened it to a 38 yard kick (3 pts).  Guy loses by 0.6 and misses the playoffs. 

Guy in 7th place in my 12 man league (win and he's in the playoffs) was down by 3.6 as Boswell lined up for a 43 yard FG last night at the very end.  Penalty by Cin shortened it to a 38 yard kick (3 pts).  Guy loses by 0.6 and misses the playoffs. 
That's a GREAT story for the guy who did get in the playoffs.

Bronco Billy said:
Well, the Justin Houston fumble recovery and TD on the lateralooski last play against WAS earlier in the season that cost me that game also just cost me a playoff spot.
That cost me a playoff spot also.  I was up 7 until that play....I lost by 1.

One game out of a playoff spot.

I lost last years championship by .42 points. 10,000 iterations of what would have made the difference. Late drop by Ebron, defense tackled QB barely at LOS, not called a sack... etc etc

every point is precious

Pfft. That's nothing. We had a guy lose the title on MNF.

He was behind with Seattle D going and other dude was drawing dead. Guy pulled ahead with Seattle but there was a final garbage drive where Seattle opponent were inching toward the yardage threshold. Think they hit it on last garbage play which dropped him by like 3 and he lost by 1. 

Tough beat but most exciting championship ever. Whole league was on edge on their seat. Stupid but fun. 

Pfft. That's nothing. We had a guy lose the title on MNF.

He was behind with Seattle D going and other dude was drawing dead. Guy pulled ahead with Seattle but there was a final garbage drive where Seattle opponent were inching toward the yardage threshold. Think they hit it on last garbage play which dropped him by like 3 and he lost by 1. 

Tough beat but most exciting championship ever. Whole league was on edge on their seat. Stupid but fun. 
Stuff like that is fun for the league. 

Last night there were two teams that were stuck at a 0.05 gap with about four minutes to play to decide who advances in the playoffs (big league, playoffs started last week). So many of us were keeping tabs on it until finally the gap was broken by Juju.

I once lost a championship on a couple of MNF victory kneel downs by Aaron Brooks back in the day. I couldn't possibly top it.
I lost one on a stat change that came out Thursday after, not the usual Wednesday

A couple years ago in the semis I was down 1 with 6 seconds left in the MNF game.  Brees threw a dump off to Tim Hightower (my player) who went for 18 yards as the clock expired. I won by 1 point and advanced to the championship.  That was a fun night. 

(The play didnt make any sense since NO was down 8 and needed a TD and Brees didnt even look downfield but I will take it!)

I’ve been through bad beats a lot but for some reason last nights just tasted worse than usual. 

From Sunday, I had already watch as my opponent, who owned Demarco Murray, insert Derrick Henry into his lineup as well... the only reason being that AP was OUT. Thought this was a blessing until Henry’s absolute garbage time 75 yard TD run.

I was still up 19 with with only his Big Ben left to play. Didn’t feel great about it, but was holding him to nothing in the first half. Then the Cinci defense just lets Bell walk into the end zone from 35 yards out.

Crappy for sure. Looks like I missed the point title in 1 league by 10 pts this year. If only I started McCown or Collins

Some pretty mundane losses in here. 

Once went 12-2, only two losses being to the same team by a combined total of 0.47 points.  Then, I meet him in the title game.... and lose by less than half a point. 

3 losses in a season (including the superbowl).... all to the same team.....all by a combined total of less than 1 point. 

Users who are viewing this thread