FatNate

FanDuel Week 14

98 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Good thing about having a lot of Thursday night players that bust in gpps is that you don't have to worried about adjusting those lineups.  Put in some Thur night fade placeholders that are worth working on.

Unfortunately, for me, I think about 50% of my Thu-Mon lineups are behind at this time.  It's not a total lost cause, but definitely not the spot I was hoping they would be in on Friday morning.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:47 AM, FatNate said:

Bengals update...

If Mixon is out, I like Gio because of the volume.

But, there is a lot of uncertainty around here.

The loss Monday basically eliminates them from the playoffs.

Fans have already started to ask the question about what motivation the team has to finish the season.

Marvin is in the last year of his contract and many do not expect him back next year.

The defense has been above average this season, but they will be missing several pieces this week.

This Sunday they will be without their leading tackler (Vigil) and starting safety (Iloka).

I also expect Burfict and Pacman to both miss.

The matchup for the Bengals defense looks good on paper, but if you dig deeper I think this is a week to avoid them.

Lastly, it brings one dimensional Howard into play, for the Bears.  I think the game stays close and the Bengals have been struggling against the run recently anyway.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, FatNate said:

Looks like Iloka has been reinstated. It still change my view much, this does help the defense. 

Eight Bengals defensive players did not practice yesterday.  The list includes Atkins, Burfict, Dennard, Jones, Kirkpatrick, Vigil, Williams, and Wilson.  Atkins was new to the report, but the others did not practice on Wednesday, as well.  For those that do not know, this list includes the two best linebackers on the team, the two starting cornerbacks on the team, and one of the best five defensive tackles in the league.  I know the defense has been solid all year and is being rated very highly this week for DFS purposes.  All I can say is buyer beware.  The Bengals are my team and I am clueless on what defense to use this week, but I will not be playing the Bengals this week.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, FatNate said:

First and foremost I hope Kamara is okay. But, that injury is a killer. 

Tell me about it.  I ran $20 in fifteen $1/$2 entries into the THU - MON slate, 100% Kamara.  :wall:

I'm a Kamara believer.  Every podcast I have listened to recently has been sounding warning bells and calling for Kamara to regress based on his low snaps, but I believe in his talent, usage, and supporting cast.  He was off to a great start Thursday before the concussion.  :wall:

I'm in a big hole, but maybe I'm not drawing dead.  My 15 entries were 1 GPP, 14 cash+.  Looking around my contests, Kamara was anywhere from 30% - 36% - 48% owned!  

14 hours ago, Church of Iggy Pop said:

Tell me about it.  I ran $20 in fifteen $1/$2 entries into the THU - MON slate, 100% Kamara.  :wall:

I'm a Kamara believer.  Every podcast I have listened to recently has been sounding warning bells and calling for Kamara to regress based on his low snaps, but I believe in his talent, usage, and supporting cast.  He was off to a great start Thursday before the concussion.  :wall:

I'm in a big hole, but maybe I'm not drawing dead.  My 15 entries were 1 GPP, 14 cash+.  Looking around my contests, Kamara was anywhere from 30% - 36% - 48% owned!  

I  was 95% on Kamara, but saw that Ingram was playing so I moved off of Kamara in 1/2 my LUs... to Ingram who didn't do much better.  :lol:   Not a weekend killer since the game didn't go too balls out, but it never makes you feel great staring at single digit production from an expensive RB.  

ETA:  For whatever reason, I moved all my LUs except 2 to being Brady LUs.  He is about the only stud that I liked the m/u for, and sometimes you can get low ownership on MNF guys on the Thurs - Mon slates.  After 0 TDs games I think most of the time historically he has gone off the following game and I think paying up for him might make a couple of those LUs original enough.    I will use guys like Jimmy G for my main slate gpps.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
2 people like this

A pivot I do like a bit for gpps is C.Coleman.  EVERYBODY is on Gordon, and it's not like Coleman lacks talent.  It looks like you can get him at about 1/10th the ownership as Gordon.  Also if it's windy, does anybody know if Coleman runs shorter routes, or is it even in that department?

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

A pivot I do like a bit for gpps is C.Coleman.  EVERYBODY is on Gordon, and it's not like Coleman lacks talent.  It looks like you can get him at about 1/10th the ownership as Gordon.  Also if it's windy, does anybody know if Coleman runs shorter routes, or is it even in that department?

I like the TE (Njoku). I don’t have any Coleman, but when I am not using Gordon I am using the TE some. 

4 people like this

I just can't decide on a cash line up this week...still have 4 or 5 versions running through my head.  I am usually doomed when I can't narrow to one.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

I just can't decide on a cash line up this week...still have 4 or 5 versions running through my head.  I am usually doomed when I can't narrow to one.

Here is what I currently have:  Wilson - Gio/Miller - Hopkins/Fitz/J.Gordon - Kelce - Coons - Chargers

Looking at gpp stuff, I am actually going to be playing a fair % on the Seat/Jax game.   I just have the feeling that Seattle could attack Jax where they are mildly weak with Baldwin and Graham.  Seattle rush D has been great, so that could force Bortles to the air again vs. a depleted Seattle pass D.  I glanced at stuff, and we have no Brady, Brees, Ben and the highest scoring QB on the year is looking to be the 8th-9th owned Qb on the week?   Risky, but that's what gpps are.  PLUS it's not out of the realm of possibilities for Wilson to have a great week and Jax D still have a pick 6 and a bunch of sacks so you could play those two in the same LU for even lower ownership.  

I have this for a game stack placeholder as I stare at things more.  It also has pivots for super chalky Gio (M.Davis) and Gordon (M.Lee).  

Wilson - McCoy/M.Davis - Hopkins/Westbrook/Lee - Graham - Zeurlein - Jax. 

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Here is what I currently have:  Wilson - Gio/Miller - Hopkins/Fitz/J.Gordon - Kelce - Coons - Chargers

We have some of the same core...I keep staring at this line up with $1000 still on the table trying to figure out how to get Walker up to Kelce (need $1400) or get Gabbert up to Rivers or Smith (need $1500/1600). 

Gabbert - Gio/Miller - Hopkins/Allen/Fitzgerald - Walker - Coons - Green Bay

I could drop down from the Green Bay defense, but I love that play vs Cleveland in the cold and snow.  Could drop Fitz down to Crabtree or Marvin Jones (not sure about Stafford though)...Could drop Walker down to Witten to upgrade QB  Not many talking about Witten this week, but a TE vs NYG seems like a pretty good bet.  Decisions...decisions...

I'm punting on defense in many of my GPPs this week.  There's really nothing that stands out as a great matchup on the main slate.  So Cleveland it is. There's possibly more to like there than just the price, facing GB in Cleveland, but the real plus is the ability to pair with Coons and Stephen Alexander and then play studs everywhere else.

Edited by Ever Present Lurker
2 people like this

7 hours ago, Ever Present Lurker said:

I'm punting on defense in many of my GPPs this week.  There's really nothing that stands out as a great matchup on the main slate.  So Cleveland it is. There's possibly more to like there than just the price, facing GB in Cleveland, but the real plus is the ability to pair with Coons and Stephen Alexander and then play studs everywhere else.

:thumbup:  I used a bit of Cleveland too. 

I found a site that has ownership projections as free content -> http://www.linestarapp.com

4 of my 5 qbs are outside the top 10 ownership for main slate -> Wilson (top 10), Smith, Prescott, Garappolo, Dalton.

Short list of RBs also: Gurley, Miller, Morris, Bernard.  Spent much time on the fence with Hunt and Hyde...pulled them out...so they will go off.

With Nathan Peterman starting, the Colts make a great punt on defense.

I'v got a mix of LAR, Jax, Cin, Dal and Indy.

39 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

I found a site that has ownership projections as free content -> http://www.linestarapp.com

4 of my 5 qbs are outside the top 10 ownership for main slate -> Wilson (top 10), Smith, Prescott, Garappolo, Dalton.

Short list of RBs also: Gurley, Miller, Morris, Bernard.  Spent much time on the fence with Hunt and Hyde...pulled them out...so they will go off.

Just shows you how much of a guess this is.  I have seen Smith and Jimmy G projected in the top 3-4 for ownership this week. 

I think Jimmy G will be popular.  Just about every podcast an article this week talked up the SF/Houst game.  Not saying not to play it, as you can differentiate elsewhere, just relaying info. 

52 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I think Jimmy G will be popular.  Just about every podcast an article this week talked up the SF/Houst game.  Not saying not to play it, as you can differentiate elsewhere, just relaying info. 

I have a Jimmy G Goodwin stack in the $250 fan championship.  Now thinking of switching to Wentz Burton

cash 

carr gio gordon hopkins crabtree goodwin kelce coons minn

$1 SE gpp

rivers mccoy miller allen hill doctson henry forbath  cle

good luck all

Lineup locked in for the live championship. Fully expect to finish in the bottom third which doesn't get any additional prize money but you never know with such a small field. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dschuler said:

I have a Jimmy G Goodwin stack in the $250 fan championship.  Now thinking of switching to Wentz Burton

I would go with who you want.  Qb is never outrageously highly owned, and there are plenty of spots to have a slightly different LU.  Good luck! 

Good luck everyone! 

Kept my cash LU, and have more gpps with Wilson as well as Bortles, Jimmy G,  and McCown.

24 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

Lineup locked in for the live championship. Fully expect to finish in the bottom third which doesn't get any additional prize money but you never know with such a small field. 

Good luck!!

Rolling with  Rivers - Gio/Miller - Hopkins/Allen/Fitz - Witten - Coons - Green Bay

See you on the other side...

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Rolling with  Rivers - Gio/Miller - Hopkins/Allen/Fitz - Witten - Coons - Green Bay

We have a freaky similar lineup:  Rivers, Gio/Gurley, Allen/Nuk/Fitz, Anderson, Succup, Dallas

12 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Good luck!!

Thanks. Win or lose it was a good experience. Got to take the wife to California for a long weekend while it's snowing back home. Met some of the Fanduel guys. Marcellus Wiley made fun of us for "living in our mom's basements" at the event on Friday.  There are multiple people with 5 entries so they have a big advantage over us single entry guys but I did beat 4,700+ in a contest to win my seat. 

4 people like this

Tyrod Taylor is out and Nate Pete in.  Indy’s Def at 4100 seems cheap now 

8 minutes ago, dschuler said:

Tyrod Taylor is out and Nate Pete in.  Indy’s Def at 4100 seems cheap now 

Just beware. Peterman isn't that bad. He's a guy who has trouble shaking off early bad plays. If he gets on a little roll early he can have a big game. 

1 person likes this

GPP

QB - Wentz

RB - Hunt Gurley

WR - Hopkins Gordon Agholor

TE - Henry

K - Gould

DEF - INDY

GLTA!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, FatNate said:

Are you ready to go back to Hunt?

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, KarmaPolice said:

#### no. 

:oldunsure:

5 hours ago, dschuler said:

GPP

QB - Wentz

RB - Hunt Gurley

TE - Henry

K - Gould

DEF - INDY

GLTA!!!!

Had a chance, but the Rams don’t want to give the ####### rock to gurley anymore and the redskins suck.  

So far an epic bad call on Wilson.  Low owned in cash, so I could get there, but I am about 4-5 below the cash lines.  

6 hours ago, dschuler said:

GPP

QB - Wentz

RB - Hunt Gurley

TE - Henry

K - Gould

DEF - INDY

GLTA!!!!

Currently in 18th and Wentz goes down.  FML.  Playing the $250 fan championship.

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

And I'm toast... 121.66 line up finished and I'm below every cash line.

8 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

5th place. $100k.

7 people like this

18 minutes ago, East Coast Bias said:

5th place. $100k.

That's awesome!  If you don't mind, I'd love to hear more about this lineup, and how you arrived at it.  I have a lot to learn about lineup construction based on my recent poor results.

I was sweating my cash LUs, and I fell behind even more after Gurley's second TD, but Russ stormed back in the 4th quarter and I ended up with 130 with my cash LU.  

Couple gpps cashed, but nothing major there.   I had a LU with J.Williams/Hunt (my only LU with him)/Hopkins, but most of the rest were duds around it.  

On to next week since I didn't play the primetime.  

6 minutes ago, Church of Iggy Pop said:

That's awesome!  If you don't mind, I'd love to hear more about this lineup, and how you arrived at it.  I have a lot to learn about lineup construction based on my recent poor results.

I'll post some details later. Probably after I go get back to the east coast tomorrow.

1 person likes this

I'm $30 in $2.80 out at the moment!  :shock:   However, I have lots of Antonio Brown and Brandin Cooks remaining in primetime.

I got clobbered at TE this week.  Too much Kelce and Anderson, not enough Burton.

What happened to Jimmy Graham, KP?  I had him stacked with Russ, but he was blanked.