What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Offical*** I am starting ________ over Case Keenum (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
I have been using Case Keenum the last 6 weeks and got into the playoffs. I don't want to say who I am benching him for because this isn't WDIS, but something about him being 3rd stringer if the other qbs are healthy, the fact that the Vikings coaching staff won't even commit to him for the rest of the year, and the fact he is going on the road in a tough match up. I guess the question is how confident are you in him? Am I over reacting to the match up or his name and past?

I'm not overly worried about Carolina.  Not a great matchup but should be able to do ok. Of course depends on alternatives.

Thanks for the answer, I think you have the same doubts as me.
I rode keenum, theilan and diggs for 10 weeks or so. Minn D is playing well. The running game is playing well. While I only see the Vikings on red zone, I don't see many deep shots.

I'm talking myself into Garoppolo. Good completion percentage. Texans D weak against the pass. Niners riding a high.

Winston has more weapons and put up a better game than Keenum last week. Looks to be back and healthy.

Goff has been better all year and has been my QB 1. 

Without th 65 yard 23rd from theilen a few weeks ago, keenum would look pedestrian stat wise. Results wise, he has been great for the Vikings.

I hope he goes out for 360 and 4td just to spite me. He has been a great story.

Trying to get into the toilet bowl, rolling with keenum over Mariota and ty Taylor. 

If you've been rolling with him so far and don't have a better, top 10 type option, roll with case.

I have been using Case Keenum the last 6 weeks and got into the playoffs. I don't want to say who I am benching him for because this isn't WDIS, but something about him being 3rd stringer if the other qbs are healthy, the fact that the Vikings coaching staff won't even commit to him for the rest of the year, and the fact he is going on the road in a tough match up. I guess the question is how confident are you in him? Am I over reacting to the match up or his name and past?
3rd string, coaches won't commit for rest of yr means nothing. If he's your best option this wk start him this wk

Jeez I was going to start him but now you have me second guessing myself.  I may start McCown now.  Yes those are my 2 QBs for the playoffs     :bag:  

Jeez I was going to start him but now you have me second guessing myself.  I may start McCown now.  Yes those are my 2 QBs for the playoffs     :bag:  
Fwiw, if I had started mccown last week instead of Carr, I'd have won. Josh has become a decent option.

Well played WDIS thread. Not many I would start over Keenum at this point. QBs have been so ####ty this year from a consistency standpoint. 

last week i rolled with matt ryan and it almost cost me.

and now keenum is in there over matty ice for week 15.

any one else rolling with case in the semifinal game?!?

last week i rolled with matt ryan and it almost cost me.

and now keenum is in there over matty ice for week 15.

any one else rolling with case in the semifinal game?!?
Started Garappolo and winston over him last week. Survived, but Keenum will be in there this week.

i think cold will impact passing more than rushing. 

Why schedule a night game in green bay in December. damnit.

I’m thinking Goff over Keenum mostly because of Tennessee losing secondary players.  Wonder how cold it actually is on Lambeau field though...thousands of people, warmers on sideline, even if air temp is 13 degrees, wonder what players experience on field, think a few degrees more maybe?

Got Dak as well.  Been rolling with Keenum the last 3 weeks and don’t see that changing unless I hear in pregame it’s so cold receivers aren’t catching good something.  

I have Keenum and Foles also. I think they score about the same. Going with Keenum....I think. 

Bortles. Better weather, worse pass defense. We get a fat bonus of 10 points at 300+ yards, and Keenum has only 1-2 of those this year. And GB held him to 18 fantasy points in MIN. At GB in the cold on the frozen tundra, I’m thinking high floor, low ceiling - he’s a “safe” play.  Thinking 240/2 with 30 RuYd? 

Bortles has potential to completely crap the bed, but his upside is 330/3 and possibly some rushing TD love, so yeah - I’m going for the gusto with (gulp) Blake Bortles.  :unsure:

I have Keenum and Foles also. I think they score about the same. Going with Keenum....I think. 
Tough combo to have - if Keenum wins, Foles may not play or may not play much. 

If Keenum chokes then that solidifies Foles’ start, but you won’t know that until Keenum’s game is over. 

Tricky position to be in.

Tough combo to have - if Keenum wins, Foles may not play or may not play much. 

If Keenum chokes then that solidifies Foles’ start, but you won’t know that until Keenum’s game is over. 

Tricky position to be in.
Just saw this that Eagles won't change plans based in if they clinch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/23/eagles-wont-change-player-management-plan-for-monday-if-vikings-lose/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

makes decision even trickier ealecially with gb weather  

They say that, but let’s say they’re up 27-3 after the 1st half. 

You don’t think they rest players? What about after the 3rd?  Always a possibility. 
Well also possibility Teddy Ballgame gets some action if Minny gets up big...

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me crazy but I am actually considering going Mariota over Case.  I just think the cold weather causes a bit of conservative football.  I could see the Vikings getting up 17-0 at half and not really attempting a pass in the 2nd half and if those 1st half 2 td's aren't throwing the ball this could be a dud for Case.  I feel like Mariota will be throwing the ball the entire game and possibly playing from behind.  

I am completely torn on this because of this zero windchill weather.  Thoughts?  

i dont like seeing everyone here panic-bench my championship QB!!!

you guys are making me nervous 

Call me crazy but I am actually considering going Mariota over Case.  I just think the cold weather causes a bit of conservative football.  I could see the Vikings getting up 17-0 at half and not really attempting a pass in the 2nd half and if those 1st half 2 td's aren't throwing the ball this could be a dud for Case.  I feel like Mariota will be throwing the ball the entire game and possibly playing from behind.  

I am completely torn on this because of this zero windchill weather.  Thoughts?  
I’d take my chances on a healthy keenum over a dinged up mariota who’s looked pretty awful out there. Hammy still bothering him last I heard and when he got sacked a couple games ago he hurt his ankle. Don’t see much upside in mariota and certainly wouldn’t play him after what the rams did to the Seahawks.

I’d take my chances on a healthy keenum over a dinged up mariota who’s looked pretty awful out there. Hammy still bothering him last I heard and when he got sacked a couple games ago he hurt his ankle. Don’t see much upside in mariota and certainly wouldn’t play him after what the rams did to the Seahawks.
Appreciate your thoughts.  You might have turned me to Case.  

I'm torn because longer TDS are worth more points. I feel Keenum is safer but Dak has more upside but idk

I do know I've spent more time this week looking at my lineup than I did the prior 14 weeks combined

I wouldn't expect to see the Eagles sitting players this week....Week 16 no, Week 17 yes.

I'm starting Keenum (over Rivers) and predict 3 first half TD passes.
I have him starting over Rivers right now.  I'm not thrilled with this, but started Rivers last week and barely survived.

Users who are viewing this thread