What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Season a disaster.....looking for pickups for next year! (1 Viewer)

highlander23

Footballguy
My season ended up a total disaster, so I have been playing for next year for awhile.  I am trying to stockpile as many potential keepers for next year as I can....both for my team and to trade for better draft picks.  My question is which player has a better chance to be a factor next season- Mike Davis or Peyton Barber?  They are the best two picks for this week and I get the first choice.  This is a non-PPR league.  Thanks!

The Seattle backfield has been such a mess that I would probably go Barber.  If he keeps impressing, he could earn a larger role.  

Neither are good choices for dynasty. Carson is a better talent in Seattle and Barber isn't going to do anything next year. TB will probably add a good RB in the draft but if you are going to pick one just flip a coin.

Barber is a bigger question with regards to role because there is a chance that TB goes a different direction and brings in a new coaching staff.  If that happens who knows where Barber will fit in.  You also don't know what they will do with Martin either.

Seattle on the other hand is a headache in it's own right.  However, nobody seems to want to take over the job.  Davis will have some competition with Carson at some point but you never know who will prevail. 

I would probably go with Davis as he seems like he will have more current year appeal so maybe you can trade him to a contender in need of a RB this year and not have to worry about future value.  That is they way I would go. 

Seattle's headache makes me think Davis is the better dynasty pickup because the hope would be someone has to eventually become a relative bellcow there. I would agree Carson seemed like the best option this year before he went down, but he's also hurt and Davis is the next man up. If he can wrestle it away, he's a safer bet to keep the job than Barber given that Doug Martin is also there in Tampa.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763373-ppr-redraft-ros-flex/

Users who are viewing this thread