What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14: I'm sitting my "STUD" for _____________. (1 Viewer)

andyk803

Footballguy
1st week of playoffs and I'm considering sitting either or even both Fournette and Jordan Howard for Burkhead and Giovanni Bernard. PPR

Considering sitting Howard as well...for either Barber (if Martin is out) or Tion Green (if Abdullah is out). Not sure I can pull the trigger but Howard crapped the bed in a juicy matchup last weekend. 

Sitting Ingram over Kareem Hunt, Samaje Perine and Rex Burkhead (flex).  Debating sitting Funchess over anyone with a pulse on my roster - have a feeling he is going to be shut down this week.

Sitting Ingram over Kareem Hunt, Samaje Perine and Rex Burkhead (flex).  Debating sitting Funchess over anyone with a pulse on my roster - have a feeling he is going to be shut down this week.
Starting Ingram and Hyde over Hunt. And rolling with Funches over Dem Thomas. Sitting the suspended gronk for Rudolph.

ButI'm on a bye, so it doesn't really matter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now my starting lineup has Jamaal Williams and Frank Gore in over Jordan Howard and Kareem Hunt.  Championship bracket and I'm going for the big prize.  Those two have looked like junk for weeks.  I'm nervous about it, but that's where I'm at right now.

Right now my starting lineup has Jamaal Williams and Frank Gore in over Jordan Howard and Kareem Hunt.  Championship bracket and I'm going for the big prize.  Those two have looked like junk for weeks.  I'm nervous about it, but that's where I'm at right now.
Wow, that is ballsy

Sitting Fournette for Gore.
Wow. I would probably kill myself if fournette went off after starting Gore over him. 

Starting Fournette and Perine with Lynch in the flex over Howard. I may throw in Collins over Lynch but still debating that one. Hard to trust John Fox right now.

I don't bench my studs.  There is a reason they are studs.

If you are benching them for waiver wire fodder, then they are not studs.  Maybe they were studs last year, or maybe you drafted them as studs....it's week 14, if they haven't performed by now, it ain't gonna happen (sorry mike evans).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Stafford and Cam.  If Stafford can’t go, myfbg says I should play Kizer off the waiver wire.  That’s crazy, right?   Right!?!?

If this thread goes on for a while, I think we'll see the question of whether Hunt is a a stud. I look at him as a high risk high reward play these days. If you are playing against a better team this week, you might need Hunt just so you have a chance to win, in the hopes that he explodes. If your players haven't blown up lately, at least play the guys who have potential for upside. 

I have Stafford and Cam.  If Stafford can’t go, myfbg says I should play Kizer off the waiver wire.  That’s crazy, right?   Right!?!?
If you don't like Cam this week, is there someone else you can pick up instead?  I would have started Stafford over Brees this week but there's no way I trust Stafford with his injury. So, if there's no one else out there, I'd go with Cam. 

Not sure if Doug Baldwin in still a stud but I'm sitting him against Jax for Mohammad Sanu (or possibly Tedd Ginn).

If you don't like Cam this week, is there someone else you can pick up instead?  I would have started Stafford over Brees this week but there's no way I trust Stafford with his injury. So, if there's no one else out there, I'd go with Cam. 
Gabbert, Hundley, Eli, kizer, not exactly a murderer’s row.

Not sure if Doug Baldwin in still a stud but I'm sitting him against Jax for Mohammad Sanu (or possibly Tedd Ginn).
I'll check back in a few days to see how that turns out. I am in set it and forget it mode in general. I couldn't possibly do what you are planning on doing.

I'll check back in a few days to see how that turns out. I am in set it and forget it mode in general. I couldn't possibly do what you are planning on doing.
It surely could backfire, but Baldwin hasn't exactly been lights out week in and week out and is facing the league's top pass defense and will likely be locked up with Ramsey most of the day.

Sanu has actually put together some nice games recently. I think Sanu is actually the "safe play" while Baldwin is more of a boom/bust option for this week. 

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 166.40  63-782-4

Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR 130.24    48-495-4

Not a huge difference in production on the season - and Sanu gets some wildcat plays where he can throw a TD pass or run one in.

Seems to be a common theme, but I'm considering sitting Howard for Jamaal Williams. 

Still worried about the split between Williams and Jones, but I was worried about that last week and watched Williams go off on my bench again.

I would not start Gore over Hunt. Hunt has a much better chance at having a big game than Gore does. 

I'm considering sitting Wilson for Cam.  Kizer is the best option available on the WW this week but this league rewards passing yards more than anything else, so I really can't use Kizer because his passing yardage floor is too low.

Also, sitting Baldwin no matter what I do at QB for M. Goodwin or D. Westbrook

Baldwin actually has the best matchup for SEA this week. Jax has two shutdown corners but they play outside.  Baldwin in the slot should draw Aaron Colvin who is very vulnerable (gave up 6 catches on 6 targets last week).  Wilson will have to throw it somewhere and Baldwin on paper has the best matchup.  Wouldn’t sit him this week. 

I'm considering sitting Wilson for Cam.  Kizer is the best option available on the WW this week but this league rewards passing yards more than anything else, so I really can't use Kizer because his passing yardage floor is too low.

Also, sitting Baldwin no matter what I do at QB for M. Goodwin or D. Westbrook
That seems crazy too.  If Cam had a good matchup that would be one thing, but if Jax is the hardest matchup for QBs, the Vikes are ranked 5th.  If you are going to have a crappy matchup either way, just play the better player., 

Baldwin actually has the best matchup for SEA this week. Jax has two shutdown corners but they play outside.  Baldwin in the slot should draw Aaron Colvin who is very vulnerable (gave up 6 catches on 6 targets last week).  Wilson will have to throw it somewhere and Baldwin on paper has the best matchup.  Wouldn’t sit him this week. 
Just going by watching games (so maybe some statistics will prove me wrong) but I think Baldwin lines up outside far more than he does in the slot. I'd also think he would draw the top corner on most teams since he's the most well rounded WR. 

jeaton6 said:
I think you are going to regret this.
Why? Diggs is going to get about 5 targets. You think he might blow up on those numbers or is he suddenly going to get a huge number of passes? Do you have some reasons behind this besides a gut feeling? 

Considering benching Brees for Keenum. Atlanta pass defense is solid and Panthers run defense is good. Theoretically, Keenum should have to throw more, whereas Brees can continue to rely on the run game to score TDs, even if he accumulates yards. 

So this is where we're at now?
I guess it's not too outlandish but still a gutsy call.  Both are WR1 on their teams.  SF throws more and the QB might actually be better.  Both matchups are good.  Could be a case of going with the hot hand but, personally, I'd start Evans but can understand starting Goodwin.    

You don't really know if it's ballsy or stupid until after the games are played. 
You make the best decisions based on the information you have. What happens after that is basically beyond your control. There are lots of bad outcomes based on good decisions at the time you made them (injuries, change in game plan, game flow, defensive scheme change, etc). 

The key is making the best decision. I think in most cases when you try to get cute, it backfires and people have all kinds of regret afterwards. It also backfires when you make the best decisions, so you're right, you never know until it's over.  Good luck either way.

You make the best decisions based on the information you have. What happens after that is basically beyond your control. There are lots of bad outcomes based on good decisions at the time you made them (injuries, change in game plan, game flow, defensive scheme change, etc). 

The key is making the best decision. I think in most cases when you try to get cute, it backfires and people have all kinds of regret afterwards. It also backfires when you make the best decisions, so you're right, you never know until it's over.  Good luck either way.
True, but people seem to have reasons behind their decisions in here beyond it just being a gut reaction. Rather than blast the thread worth a generic catch all insult, maybe try calling out specific move or two and question the thinking? That's how we benefit the board! 

I have Wilson, Baldwin, and Jax d.  Oy vey.  

I’m contemplating sitting Baldwin for Dede.  But after reading a post in this thread about how he plays mostly in the slot and will face the easiest matchups it made me feel better.  

Have to research how much Baldwin plays in the slot.  

I also have dak vs nyg.  But very hesitant to bench Wilson as he singlehandedly got me to the playoffs. 

dnurk said:
Rotoworld could be talking out of their butt, however:

Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey (hamstring) is expected to practice Thursday.

Ramsey sat out Wednesday's session, but this practice puts him on track to play. The talented corner should see a lot of Doug Baldwin on Sunday.

Mixon out again today means Gio will likely see 20+ touches against the Bears. Thinking about starting him for Hunt. 

Don’t think I have the stones but would anyone bench Wentz for Brees tonight?

Also have M Thomas going so if they get shutdown my week could be over before Sunday. 

Rotoworld could be talking out of their butt, however:
Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey (hamstring) is expected to practice Thursday.

Ramsey sat out Wednesday's session, but this practice puts him on track to play. The talented corner should see a lot of Doug Baldwin on Sunday.
I thought I read somewhere that Ramsey did shadow someone in the slot recently.

Ned Ryerson said:
That seems crazy too.  If Cam had a good matchup that would be one thing, but if Jax is the hardest matchup for QBs, the Vikes are ranked 5th.  If you are going to have a crappy matchup either way, just play the better player., 
I got cute several years ago and benched Wilson in a playoff game bc of his matchup.  Wilson only scored like 12 points that week, but my replacement was even worse (1 point). Would have won with Wilson's points.  I quit benching studs after that.

Users who are viewing this thread