What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Wear Cologne? (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
So I've never been a big cologne wearer, typically only on special nights out with the wife.  However, I'm turning 50 in a month and as I've been slowly getting myself back into shape I think I want to start wearing cologne on a more regular basis to round out my last attempt to wring out whatever youth and vitality I have left.  Not piled on cologne mind you, just something subtle.  Anyway, am I turning homo or is this something that's typical for dudes to do nowadays?

Also, I like the scent of that damn Creed Adventus but I haven't bought any yet, do any of you have favorite colognes?

Apologies for the metro thread in advance.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Before getting into the wine industry, I’d throw on some Davidoff Cool Water every now and again. But it’s been about 10 years and now don’t even have a bottle of Old Spice laying around. 

Haven't worn it since college.  The biggest reason is because my wife doesn't care for any fragrances, gives her a headache.  I just use Old Spice pure sport deodorant.

Brut or Old Spice. Sometimes English Leather if I'm feeling particularly sporting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, at times I'll bust out Brooks Brothers Country Club. Not afraid to admit it. 

Not that often, but sometimes.  

Romeo Gigli... Same as you, special occasions with the wife. And only enough so she can smell it when she leans in close- nobody else should be smelling me, imo. This brand may have disappeared 20 years ago, but the special occasions are so far and few between that I still have a lot of it.

Let's keep in mind that I'm in the midst of a end-of-mid-life crisis here.  

So it's looking like a go on this.  Next step is to visit the fragrance counter at Nordstrom's or Macy's?

Let's keep in mind that I'm in the midst of a end-of-mid-life crisis here.  

So it's looking like a go on this.  Next step is to visit the fragrance counter at Nordstrom's or Macy's?

go old skool, mah man - local drugstore should carry those classics that will have ya smellin' like a man, not a jar of potpourri 

Every morning I throw on some Joop! or Drakkar Noir
Not sure if this is an 80's joke or not.  I wore Drakkar way back and hated it.  Also, won a basket of colognes and perfumes including Cool Water (hated it, but it was free) and Joop back in the 90's.  I asked for a bottle of Joop for Christmas a few years ago from my sister and her family.  My BIL cracked the "80's called and want their cologne back" joke on me.  I still wear it, I just don't tell them.  Also, Obsession for men I wear every once in a while, but that is a little more expensive.

Chanel's Allure Homme - perfect combo of clean & classy. I use it the French way - i'm an aged lardo who doesnt shower every day and Allure catches the nose before rancid flapsweat does

otb_lifer said:
go old skool, mah man - local drugstore should carry those classics that will have ya smellin' like a man, not a jar of potpourri 
Add in some old school pomade, and you're a man!  

You'll need to make a few trips and try some different ones. They smell different on different people. Have the wife approve, of course. Find one you both like. And one spray is all you need, so a bottle will last you a long time. Spray the neck, then rub both inner wrists on it. :moneybag:   Have worn several scents over the years. Eternity (timeless classic), Polo (the original OG green bottle), Polo Sport, Guess, and Hugo to name a few. And have never worn it, but that damn Abercrombie that you smell every time you walk past their store in the mall seems pretty good. 

You'll need to make a few trips and try some different ones. They smell different on different people. Have the wife approve, of course. Find one you both like. And one spray is all you need, so a bottle will last you a long time. Spray the neck, then rub both inner wrists on it. :moneybag:   Have worn several scents over the years. Eternity (timeless classic), Polo (the original OG green bottle), Polo Sport, Guess, and Hugo to name a few. And have never worn it, but that damn Abercrombie that you smell every time you walk past their store in the mall seems pretty good. 
Woods.

It's bad luck for a man to buy his own cologne, by the way. 

Instead of women crawling all over you all of a sudden cats will start liking you. You'll be the cat guy, with lots of cats showing up wanting canned food and a couch to scratch up. Next thing you know health and human services are showing up because your neighbors are worried about all the feral cats hanging out by the back fence. 

El Floppo said:
Romeo Gigli... Same as you, special occasions with the wife. And only enough so she can smell it when she leans in close- nobody else should be smelling me, imo. This brand may have disappeared 20 years ago, but the special occasions are so far and few between that I still have a lot of it.
This is the key that too many ignore - only one person needs to smell this, not the whole damn room.  

I have a couple old man scents lying around too, but rarely use them.  I think it's been about a decade since I bought a bottle of something.  I wouldn't know where to start for anything new.  

It's bad luck for a man to buy his own cologne, by the way. 

Instead of women crawling all over you all of a sudden cats will start liking you. You'll be the cat guy, with lots of cats showing up wanting canned food and a couch to scratch up. Next thing you know health and human services are showing up because your neighbors are worried about all the feral cats hanging out by the back fence. 
:lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread