What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is everyone picking up Taysom Hill? (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
I didn't even know who this guys was - a rarity on waivers - yet he was picked up in multiple leagues, and attempted my multiple people.

What gives?  Why all of a sudden the attention?  Did something happen?  Did Payton say something about him or Brees?  Did the game announcers anoint him the next Jerrick McKinnon?  I can't even imagine he'd be the one playing if Brees got hurt so there has to be some dream about him playing skill position?

I didn't even know who this guys was - a rarity on waivers - yet he was picked up in multiple leagues, and attempted my multiple people.

What gives?  Why all of a sudden the attention?  Did something happen?  Did Payton say something about him or Brees?  Did the game announcers anoint him the next Jerrick McKinnon?  I can't even imagine he'd be the one playing if Brees got hurt so there has to be some dream about him playing skill position?

https://fansided.com/2017/12/03/who-is-taysom-hill/

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/12/taysom_hill_saints_quarterback.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck and Aikman certainly were acting like he was the second coming of Paul Hornung, though it was just because of his special teams work.  Not sure why he would be useful in fantasy. 

Buck and Aikman certainly were acting like he was the second coming of Paul Hornung, though it was just because of his special teams work.  Not sure why he would be useful in fantasy. 
I believe they also made some comment about Payton saying his was "in the mix" to eventually replace Brees.

Awesome, it's like that author wrote that in response to my post.  Thanks!

These are some deep dynasty leagues so this is the classic Lloyd Christmas pickup.  Young guys that at one time showed a lick of promise behind a 500 year old QB get picked up a lot in these leagues.  It generally takes a guy proving he's terrible to get himself dropped to waivers in these leagues. 

Sooooo, if you're in a dynasty league, do you pick this guy up at some point?  Seems like Payton loves him some Taysom??  Not a "next year" guy... but maybe in a couple of years?

Sooooo, if you're in a dynasty league, do you pick this guy up at some point?  Seems like Payton loves him some Taysom??  Not a "next year" guy... but maybe in a couple of years?
I would pick him up, but I dont expect him to QB the saints eventually. Especially in a few years when Brees is done and hes over 30 years old. 

I have him held in some deep dynasty leagues as an apocalypse play if everything goes wrong with my QB’s (I tend to keep a thin QB bench).

In 2 QB dynasty, I feel he is worth a what the hell pick up. Wilder things have happened in the off season... you know like the Bills trading Tyrod, drafting Allen and naming Peterman the starter. Or if you want a retirement example, Manning retired in Denver, they lost Osweiler, drafted Paxton  Lynch, and started Trevor Simian. It would not be unheard of for this guy to end up the starter next year if Brees retires because they won a super bow or something

Was under the impression they brought Teddy Bridgewater in to understudy Brees until "that time"?  What are the odds Hill displaces Teddy in the pecking order in the next two years?  Or could he be perceived as trade bait for a QB hungry team during that time.  Not sure I see much upside, but am currently carrying him in a 30 man dynasty just in case.  Deeper rosters allow this luxury.

Was under the impression they brought Teddy Bridgewater in to understudy Brees until "that time"?  What are the odds Hill displaces Teddy in the pecking order in the next two years?  Or could he be perceived as trade bait for a QB hungry team during that time.  Not sure I see much upside, but am currently carrying him in a 30 man dynasty just in case.  Deeper rosters allow this luxury.
You are carrying Bridgewater or Hill?  Just curious...

Bridgewater is still only under contract this season. Just for everyone’s record. 

Users who are viewing this thread