What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bench Hunt? part 2 of week13/14 playoff rd 1 (1 Viewer)

jkelsey

Footballguy
I've got a ton of mid level running backs and it is making my decision quite hard.  We're in a full point PPR.

This is round 1 week 2 of our playoffs (we combine week 13 and 14 scores for rd 1, and 15/16 for rd 2)>

I'm starting off down 20 points and trying to make a running back decision.  Pick 2

Hunt
Gio
Tevin Coleman
Dion Lewis
Frake Gore
Mike Davis

Davis is a no, facing Jax. Gore is meh.  Lewis is impossible to trust, he might go off, or he might watch as Burkhead and White get all the work, and nobody but Belicheck knows how much he'll get used so can't trust him.  

That leaves Coleman, Gio, and Hunt.  I'd keep my eye on Freeman reports this evening, and if he's iffy or likely to be used minimally, I'd roll out Coleman.  Then I'd watch for Mixon news, and roll with Gio if he's out.  Hunt would be my 3rd choice.  

So I'd go Coleman (if no/little Freeman), Gio (if no/little Mixon), Hunt, Gore, Lewis, Davis in that order

I think Lewis and Hunt are pretty easy calls here. I see no argument for Davis or Coleman, Gore has a safe floor, but little upside, and Bernard is a complete wildcard. 

Lewis has actually been fairly steady week to week.. he is sharing the work with burkhead but getting quite a lot of work.. just nothing on the goal line.. still I wouldn't have an issue trusting him to continue doing what he's doing..

hunt on the other hand I can't trust at the moment.. and Gio might be good just for this week

I think Lewis and Hunt are the plays if Freeman and Mixon are playing.  If one of those two are out then that would vault Coleman/Gio into the starting lineup.  Most likely for Lewis.  Hunt against Oakland should be a very good upside which is what you need already down 20.  You need to swing for the fences.

Users who are viewing this thread