What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Orleans at Atlanta (1 Viewer)

If ATL elects to use a timeout there they should put the time back to where it was at the end of the last play, not when they blew it dead for replay (when they were about to snap the ball anyway).
Does seem weird that they lose all that time and then the clock starts running I assume?)

What a terrible way to end a half.  What a terrible half of injury football after that brutal Monday night game.  NFL looking bad right now.

One of the best players in the game has left because of a brain injury, about half dozen other players left the game injured, and the refs took over the last 2 minutes of the half.

Fantasy football is the only reason I watch at this point.

5 injured Saints, player safety obviously at a premium with these Thursday games.  Let them rest, the game is brutal enough every seven days.

Bleacher, Roto, and several reporters saying Kamara is out for the game.  Yet they fail to mention anything about his return on TV?

There's no way that call is right.
Illegal formation isn't like a false start where the play never happens. It's more like an offsides. The play still runs, but essentially nothing good will count for the offense. If the Falcons had blocked the kick and returned it for a TD, they would just decline the penalty and take the TD similar to how the offense would decline an offsides penalty and take a big play or TD.

Illegal formation isn't like a false start where the play never happens. It's more like an offsides. The play still runs, but essentially nothing good will count for the offense. If the Falcons had blocked the kick and returned it for a TD, they would just decline the penalty and take the TD similar to how the offense would decline an offsides penalty and take a big play or TD.
I agree with everything you said, but there was clearly a whistle before the play.  I’m betting Atlanta was calling a timeout to freeze be kicker, which wasn’t explained?

One of the best players in the game has left because of a brain injury, about half dozen other players left the game injured, and the refs took over the last 2 minutes of the half.

Fantasy football is the only reason I watch at this point.
Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Per rotowrong: 

Alvin Kamara suffered a concussion on the first series in Thursday's game against the Falcons, and will not return.

Kamara took a helmet-to-helmet shot mere moments into the game, but the Saints waited until there was 14 seconds remaining in the first half to declare him done for the night. It's a crushing, crushing blow for fantasy owners in the first week of the playoffs. If there's any good news, it's that Kamara now has 10 days to get cleared for Week 15. His early departure snaps a streak of five straight games with at least 116 yards from scrimmage.

I get the runoff, but I want to see where the lineman was off the line. The FG formation is the same every time from the first snap of training camp to the last FG of the season. The offensive lineman was really off the line? Seems impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
But they blew the whistle on the snap.  They didn't let the play play out.

Whistle blew the play dead with ball in the air.  Otherwise I'd agree with you.

I getvthe runoff, but I want to see where the lineman was off the line. The FG formation is the same every time from the first snap of training camp to the last FG of the season. The offensive lineman was really off the line? Seems impossible.
They showed the replay. He wasn't even close. Then again, I think teams get away with it all the time. But he's a good 2-3 yards off the line. The formation looks like a giant V.

So ... in the 1990s, say ... dudes were taking hits like Kamara and just coming in the next series like nothing happened?

So I just tuned in for the 2nd half. We went from Ingram might not play to Ingram every down back. Wow. Fantasy is so crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread