What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamara owners or anyone really... Are you making any lineup switches based off last night? (1 Viewer)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
Week 14 for the playoffs is for many of us.  Kamara ended up with 5.7 PPR points.  What sort of adjustments are you making to your lineups because you're already in a hole.

Maybe removing a safe floor play for a swing for the fences play?

Kamara, Julio, and Matt Bryant ended up with 30.7 points, much below their combined expectation.  That's 3 of 8 lineup spots.

Do you just roll with what you had or tinker?

My thinking is to remove Alex Smith (Had him in because opponent has Kelce) and replace with Rivers.

Also thinking about taking out Hunt for a boom/bust WR (deep ball bonus)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it depends on the league. I have Kamara in all 4 leagues and in 2 I went against Tevin Coleman, so they basically cancelled out.

For 1 it's a 2 week playoff and I'm already up 40 points, so I'm looking for a solid floor, instead of boom bust. That said, the only move I made was to bench Fournette for Martavis.  It may seem odd, but I honestly think Martavis has the higher floor with Juju out. I just need to get 80 points or so, and still have Leveon, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, and Alex Smith. Should be ok.

Last league, I'm thinking about switching out Mike Evans for Alex Collins. I want to go for the more boom or bust play, and Evans just hasn't had a boom game in a long time. Also, I'm beginning to think that Winston kinda sucks/can't see anyone but Brate.

I'm in a standard league and like all of us, need some upside plays: I have to start two of the following: Hogan, Robbie Anderson, Funchess and Derrick Henry...I'm leaning Hogan and Anderson...hoping Anderson can make it through practice today 

I pondered whether the panic button needs to be pressed here. However, the only consistent thing I've seen this season is inconsistency.

Almost ever lineup I play or play against has 1 or 2 players crapping the bed completely.

While it royally sucks that AK47 was the player, I'm hoping he's the only one and I expect a reciprocal dud against me. If not, that's FF.

I pondered whether the panic button needs to be pressed here. However, the only consistent thing I've seen this season is inconsistency.

Almost ever lineup I play or play against has 1 or 2 players crapping the bed completely.

While it royally sucks that AK47 was the player, I'm hoping he's the only one and I expect a reciprocal dud against me. If not, that's FF.
Yeah, This seems right. I guess my decision of Alex Smith vs. Phil Rivers was a decision prior to AK47 getting hurt.  We only start 8 players and my opponent having Kelce and me having Hunt complicates things.

I have no problem with switching lineups based on early results. Especially if you have a guy with more upside but a lower floor, just don't be stupid about it. 

Gottabesweet said:
Week 14 for the playoffs is for many of us.  Kamara ended up with 5.7 PPR points.  What sort of adjustments are you making to your lineups because you're already in a hole.

Maybe removing a safe floor play for a swing for the fences play?

Kamara, Julio, and Matt Bryant ended up with 30.7 points, much below their combined expectation.  That's 3 of 8 lineup spots.

Do you just roll with what you had or tinker?

My thinking is to remove Alex Smith (Had him in because opponent has Kelce) and replace with Rivers.

Also thinking about taking out Hunt for a boom/bust WR (deep ball bonus)
I don't worry about that aspect unless you are going into Monday night and have a big lead where you need to cancel out Kelce to maintain the lead and have the choice to flip between QB's in that game.  At this point in the decision making process I stick with the QB I expect to score more points regardless of what my opponent has.  In your scenario that is a fairly close because of the matchup Smith has.  Honestly I am not sure which QB I would go with based on the matchups. 

I wouldn't be so sure Rivers has the higher ceiling with Smith going against the Raiders.  That is a tough call.

Gottabesweet said:
I got a particular team in one of the national contests so it's a 3 week point race based on weeks 14-16 and you open week 14 using your average score from weeks 1-11 so I opened with a small lead.  It's not a contest to play safe but it's a TE premium league and my biggest decision of the week was Hunter Henry or McCaffrey.  Before last nights game I'd settled on the safety of McCaffrey despite it being what I consider the worst possible match up for him. Now that I feel like I need to take a bigger upside shot, and leaning on going to Hunter H.

Is Kamara really “AK47” now? 

That’s the only takeaway I got from this thread.
Also I think right now if you just said AK everyone here would know who you are talking about. This time next season I think you'll just need to say K and we'll all know.

Also I think right now if you just said AK everyone here would know who you are talking about. This time next season I think you'll just need to say K and we'll all know.
Yeah but it lacks flare. You gotta have flare in life and not just the minimum amount.

If you are panicking after one player failed to produce on a Thursday night game you probably shouldn’t be in the playoffs and probably will lose.

Tex

If you are panicking after one player failed to produce on a Thursday night game you probably shouldn’t be in the playoffs and probably will lose.

Tex
This. I think in general all the talk of "upside" and "boom or bust" plays is a way to make people think they have a degree of control over random outcomes like fantasy production. Sure, there are safer floor and higher ceiling guys, and if you are facing a choice between each of those types AND you had Kamara last night AND that also fits in with whether you are the favorite or the underdog this week, then yeah, maybe this stuff matters at the margins. But what's far more likely is that you'll end up panicking and making a suboptimal lineup decision solely because you feel like you need to do something.

Tex
This makes no sense, It matters, We start 8 players.  When your player gets a concussion on the first series and you go from a 15 point favorite to an underdog, You absolutely have to question more ceiling vs. floor plays and adjust a lineup accordingly.  In a league with bonus for 50 yard TD's shifting from Hunt at RB to a boom/bust WR is something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my stupid 17 week 16 teamer, I need a win and some help to get into playoffs.  The defense wire has only 5 teams, but I decided what the hell and dropped Pitt for Indy, praying that they can somehow come up big against peterman.  Figure with shazier out, Pitt has a lower ceiling plus I doubt I would use them vs NE next week anyway if it comes to that.

Hmmm, I may switch Lewis to Davis with the hope of the latter catching a bunch of passes due to the jags pass rush and shutting down the edges.  Meh... 

This makes no sense, It matters, We start 8 players.  When your player gets a concussion on the first series and you go from a 15 point favorite to an underdog, You absolutely have to question more ceiling vs. floor plays and adjust a lineup accordingly.  In a league with bonus for 50 yard TD's shifting from Hunt at RB to a boom/bust WR is something to think about.
This is exactly right. I have Kelce and Hill, my opponent has Smith. The only difference in our projections was me having Kamara. So I can stay pat and hope at least two of his players has a bad day, or I can make some adjustments and swing for the fence.

You should always start the guys you think will score the most points.  Then they might.  Or not.  If you think quarterback A will score more than B then it doesn’t matter that your opponent as a TE that B throws to.  

Super Kamario

Well I have Kamara and Lutz (5 points). As of now my oregano play was Burkhead. I do have Lewis and Hilton. Of course is the ultimate homerun or strike out player. PPR. I feel a tug to play Hilton but I'll never forgive myself if burkhead gets a nice 15 point game and Hilton puts up a 5 and I lose....

Well I have Kamara and Lutz (5 points). As of now my oregano play was Burkhead. I do have Lewis and Hilton. Of course is the ultimate homerun or strike out player. PPR. I feel a tug to play Hilton but I'll never forgive myself if burkhead gets a nice 15 point game and Hilton puts up a 5 and I lose....
I like the Burkhead play - Gronk out/Dwayne Allen  on a milk carton - Burkhead can pick up slack in the receiving game.  

You should always start the guys you think will score the most points.  Then they might.  Or not.  If you think quarterback A will score more than B then it doesn’t matter that your opponent as a TE that B throws to.  

Super Kamario
This is true most of the time but if you are going into Monday night football down 10 with Brandon cooks and Jarvis Landry and your opponent has tom Brady it makes more sense to play Landry even though cooks is projected for more points. 

Users who are viewing this thread