What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this collusion? (1 Viewer)

Wrigley

Footballguy
Last week I needed a win to force a win and in senario this week.    I had a slight lead going into Monday night.   AB was questionable, and a win was not  guaranteed 

My brother(also the commissioner) is the team I’ll be playing if I win 

I get this text Monday afternoon 

“Hey penis.  Might want to pick up Eli Rogers in case AB is out.   Setting up a play in game for us next week”

i didn’t respond, but did take his advice...AB played and I won 

Is it collusion?

There was a similar thread about this earlier and how the commish should never intervene with lineup decisions. I think its messed up.

Yes, a heinous error. He should have called you a v-a-g-I-n-a. ;)  

Otherwise it’s just a manager making a suggestion to another manager. 

You could have told him to go F himself and not picked anyone up. Instead you hedged your lineup based on a suggestion. 

It didn’t matter if AB played or not, by the way. If it was collusion it still woulda been collusion regardless of the outcome. 

But it doesn’t seem like collusion to me. If he traded you a top WR for a scrub, it’s collusion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the point of this thread.

"Hey everyone, did I commit collusion?" 
Really? Is this for real?

Let's pretend it is, okay now what? Are you really mad at yourself? Are you going to complain about yourself to the league?   

FTR, no, it's not collusion

As a player my version of smack talk is to ridicule people's lineup decisions the night before the games. 90% they're doing something stupid, but 10% of the time it's because I don't want them to play a certain player I think might do well. It's definitely backfired before, but it's fun to play mind games.
This isn't collusion.

I thought you were going to say that he traded you someone for a week loan to get a win. That's collusion.

Look here, Penis (I assume it’s ok to call you Penis?) I understand you’re sensitive. And a little excitable. But this topic really comes across as flying off half cocked. I get that you’re tense over it - as I understand it a lot of guys tense up. 

honestly it really causes the entire experience to be less pleasurable.

it does sound like you’ve got a firm grasp of the “situation”, and I expect things will shake out ok. Don’t be a jerk about it, and in the end you’ll probably come out on top. Just don’t pull out too fast, and It’ll really take a load off. 

But you’re kinda shooting blanks here. Expecting a bunch of guys to help you rub the this one out seems really premature. 

I hope this helps. 

Penis. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Look here, Penis (I assume it’s ok to call you Penis?) I understand you’re sensitive. And a little excitable. But this topic really comes across as flying off half cocked. I get that you’re tense over it - as I understand it a lot of guys tense up. 

honestly it really causes the entire experience to be less pleasurable.

it does sound like you’ve got a firm grasp of the “situation”, and I expect things will shake out ok. Don’t be a jerk about it, and in the end you’ll probably come out ok. It’ll really take a load off. 

But you’re kinda shooting blanks here. Expecting a bunch of guys to help you rub the this one out seems really premature. 

I hope this helps. 

Penis. 
:explode:

No. Its one person offering advice to another.  No collusion.  Now if the brother had his playoff spot locked up and threw his game to get the first guy into the playoffs, then that is collusion and is illegal.

No. Its one person offering advice to another.  No collusion.  Now if the brother had his playoff spot locked up and threw his game to get the first guy into the playoffs, then that is collusion and is illegal.
It’s collusion, and likely against league rules; but I don’t think you could call the cops on him. :no:  

Let's pretend it is, okay now what? Are you really mad at yourself? Are you going to complain about yourself to the league?   

Well, college programs do self-report to the NCAA for some reason.

Probably the OP has already accepted a slot in a higher paying FF league and will be leaving his successor to deal with the draft sanctions about to fall on his current franchise...

Hey, it’s aboit league integrity 

Users who are viewing this thread