What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snow!!! ***Official 17-18 Winter Storm Thread*** (1 Viewer)

They're saying the extreme northwestern panhandle here in FL might see some as well. I'm about as far away from there while still being in the same state.

When I went to bed last night the forecast was 1" overnight, then tapering off. Snowed all morning, we've got 3 inches and cars are stuck everywhere. Still flurrying now and we're supposed to get another 1-3 inches tonight. 

Running around with your dog in the snow is pretty much the best thing ever. 

Lots of snow here in NW Atlanta. They said to expect 1”, maybe 2”, but I think it may be more.

Wish it would snow in the Rockies.  Ski season is upon us and no good snow anywhere.  And nothing on the horizon.  Freaking jet stream too far north.

Here in NoVA, we are supposed to get 1-3" tonite into tomorrow, with a band of more as you head south. The storm is supposed to be large enough to cause a State championship football game to be pushed from Saturday to Sunday over the fear of snow! This is even though the location of the game (Hampton, VA) isn't supposed to get hit that badly. Son is heading down with his school's marching band.

Saying we could get 3-5" in central NJ.  I just got finished replacing two shear pins and putting a new chute on my snow blower.  Been sitting since the last storm last year when I sucked up a nice rock and busted some things up.  I'm ready...Got a neighborhood party tomorrow, so I'm excited to walk around the neighborhood and drink in the winter wonderland.

Son of ze #####.

Either it didn't snow at my house, or it melted by the time my on-vacation ### finally climbed out of bed.

Looks like we're getting the worst of it here in Richmond.  We're in the 8"-12" band.  

Growing up near Boston and living in Philadelphia most of my adult left has made me realize how crippling snow is for the south.  No one knows how to deal with it.  I'm used to driving to or from work in 6-10 inches with plows on the road every hour, even the side roads.  Down here, youre lucky if you ever see a plow period and school is cancelled for a week for 8 inches of snow.  It's so crazy.

Should be fun

I'm actually looking forward to the "cold." Throwing all the windows open and letting the fresh air flow through. 
The night I left Germany back in 79 it was about 10 below zero with the wind chill.Snot was freezing on my mustache. I made a solemn promise to myself that night that I would never live North of Ocala again.So I could avoid that kind of weather for the rest of my life.So far I have kept that promise.I just don't see how folks can handle that nonsense . If it gets below 60 that's too cold for me.

Was 80 degrees three days ago. 2-4 inches of snow yesterday in San Antonio. Was awesome. My wife hadn't seen snow since 1985. She was like a kid.

The night I left Germany back in 79 it was about 10 below zero with the wind chill.Snot was freezing on my mustache. I made a solemn promise to myself that night that I would never live North of Ocala again.So I could avoid that kind of weather for the rest of my life.So far I have kept that promise.I just don't see how folks can handle that nonsense . If it gets below 60 that's too cold for me.
I had a similar "epiphany" but it was when I was living in Salt Lake City. I worked in brokerage ops so I had to work on NYSE time. We had to be at work at 7 AM local time so I typically left the house about 6:30. One night, we got about a foot of snow, so I had to get up at 4:30 to shovel the driveway to get my car out. Half way through shoveling a foot of snow in 20 degree weather in the pitch black, I threw the shovel across the yard, went inside and called out. A month later, I was in Florida. I haven't seen a single snowflake fall since that night. 

Users who are viewing this thread