What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 NFL Weather (1 Viewer)

Buffalo looks like trouble (and opportunity). Both defenses could work.

CLE also looks to be cold and windy. Good news for both Ds, bad news for J. Gordon emergence.

Buffalo looks like trouble (and opportunity). Both defenses could work.

CLE also looks to be cold and windy. Good news for both Ds, bad news for J. Gordon emergence.
Or the wind will put Kizer's errant passes on target.

Sounds like the second half of the Bills game may be bad.  Weather models showing a strong lake-effect snowband setting up over the stadium around halftime.  It will be cold and there may be light snow in the first half but it may seriously pick up in the second half.  They're saying possibly 6-12 inches in a matter of hours in the snowband.  There is a possibility, however, that the snowband settles 1-2 miles south of the stadium and misses the game entirely.  I don't think we'll really know until closer to gametime.

Sounds like the second half of the Bills game may be bad.  Weather models showing a strong lake-effect snowband setting up over the stadium around halftime.  It will be cold and there may be light snow in the first half but it may seriously pick up in the second half.  They're saying possibly 6-12 inches in a matter of hours in the snowband.  There is a possibility, however, that the snowband settles 1-2 miles south of the stadium and misses the game entirely.  I don't think we'll really know until closer to gametime.
I don’t think the heavy stuff is coming until later.

What about the fires in the LA area? Anything going on with that? The smoke can be an issue but has there been any talk about relocation or postponement? All systems go otherwise?

As expected, this has become a lake effect warning and looks like it will indeed have some impact on the second half of the game today.  Official report from the National Weather Service - note that the Bills stadium in Orchard Park is effectively at the intersection of northern Erie and southern Erie counties by NWS definition:

LES Warning:

... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect until 7 am EST Monday... * what... heavy lake effect snow occurring. Travel will be very difficult at times. Additional snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches are expected in the most persistent lake snows. * Where... Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and southern Erie counties. Greatest snow amounts expected across southern Erie, western Wyoming, northern and western Chautauqua, and northwest Cattaraugus counties. * When... until 7 am Monday. * Additional details... narrow bands of heavy lake effect snow will produce very low visibility and deep snow cover on roads at times, leading to very difficult travel conditions.

Special Statement:

... A band of lake effect snow will intensify across Wyoming... northern Cattaraugus... Erie and northeastern Chautauqua counties... At 1120 am EST, a band of lake effect snow was becoming better organized over the east end of Lake Erie. This band of lake effect snow is expected to rapidly intensify during the early afternoon and move into the Buffalo southtowns. Travel conditions will rapidly deteriorate between noon and 1 PM as snowfall rates increase. Locations impacted include... West Seneca, Lackawanna, Dunkirk, Fredonia, Angola, Hamburg, Orchard Park, East Aurora, Evans and Elma.

One of the great FF playoff moments ever, McCoy running wild for the Eagles against the Lions on a day when it was supposed be a disaster offensively... 200+ yards & multi TDs IIRC.
if I remember correctly both the snow and McCoy's yards all came in the 2nd half 

The snowband is smack dab over Orchard Park at the moment.  If it doesn't shift for a few hours, which is possible, you could be looking at a disastrous snowfall.  As much as I like going to snow games, I'm not regretting missing out on that drive home.  70,000 people, many of them drunk, leaving the stadium to 10 inches of snowfall.....good luck getting out of there.

Bills sideline reporter Sal Capaccio reporting in pregame that he's standing on one of the 20 yard lines and can't see the other end of the field, can't see the goalposts or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread