What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you need tonight?!! Week 14/Playoffs begin edition..... (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 The playoffs have arrived for many of us, in most 12 team leagues.

In many 10 teamers, the playoffs are next week, but this week is still coming down to a crucial Monday night game, between the Dolphins and Patriots.

As of right now, in my biggest $$$ league tonight I have  KENYAN DRAKE + BRANDIN COOKS + 12.94 points vs. my opponents TOM BRADY.  :ph34r:

I'm thinking it will be close enough to make it interesting , so I at least have something to watch for.

Its crunch time for many of us, so WHAT DO YOU NEED TONIGHT???

Good luck everyone.

TZM

League 1 - where I am the #1 seed playing a terrible #8 seed, I am +10 and done - he has Brandin Cooks and DeVante Parker to go.  .5 ppr, 1 pt at 60 yards, +1 at 80, +1 at 100 and +1 each addle 15 yards.  A td from either and I am basically sunk.  No tds from either and I have an outside chance.  No tds from either and I am up 10 catches for 130 yards.  One td from either and I am up 4 catches for 80 yards.  Not looking good at all.

League 2 - I am leading scorer for the season but only 9-4 and #2 seed, facing the 7 seed (7-6) - +20 and he has Reshad Jones remaining while I have Brady, Burkhead, Julius Thomas and Gostkowski.  So that one looks safe - with the reward being I get to face the #3 seed next week who is the second highest scorer in the league who just scored 178 in Round 1 (our league average is around 110).

Praying for a miracle in league 1, and a non-catastrophe in League 2.

Hogan, Gostkowski and R. Jones under 13 (highly unlikely).

Brady, Amendola and Kiko to not outscore Hogan, Landry and Stills by more than 43 (plausible).

I need 3 TDs from Brady to Hogan and quiet games from J Thomas and Stills so basically I'm totally ####ed.

In my big ? league. After going into last night's game down 20 Bell and Collins did their part to give me a chance. He has Brady left and I'm up 33. 

In my smaller money league after I made a few bad calls.... Up 4 against Lewis and Patriots defense. RIP.

I’m a 2 seed on a bye; 3 seed needs to win so I don’t have to face the scary good 5 seed  :lol:  

He’s down 32.14 with Brady to go. 4 pt passing TDs with bonuses for 40+ plays & 300/400/500 yards passing. 20% chance.

Need Gronk to go back to last week and decide it wasn't a good idea to cheap shot a guy. Aside from that, I need Cooks, Lewis and NE DST to score 73 points. 

Need 25.2 in a .5 pt PPR from DaVante Parker...long shot but maybe he finally has a break out game.

Can't complain, my guys had a good week (Rivers, Davante Adams, Micheal Thomas, Rudolph, even my K Butker) just ran into the Wentz, Bell, Hunt buzzsaw.

All I need is a couple of beers, kick back and enjoy the game tonight.  Win secured last night, thanks to Big Ben and Collins.

Good luck to all who have to sweat it out.

Burkhead to score a TD. Stills go for 100yds or a TD. The Pats DST to pitch a shut out or get 2 -3 sacks and an INT. 

I have a lead in both games and I'm projected to win both matches but it will be close - basically I need D. Lewis to have a good game and I should be fine.

16.9 + D. Lewis > K. Stills + C. Hogan

1.8 + D. Lewis + Pats D > K. Drake

Less that 56 points from Brady / Landry and Reshad Jones combined.  I'm sure it's gonna be a nail biter.

I'm down 35 points (175 vs 210), opponent has Burkhead, I have Brady and Drake. Effectively, I need Brady to do his thing, not #### the bed like last week, but not blowout the Dolphins. It should be close either way. 

Mine is insane! To get last spot standard scoring with 5 point bonus 100 yards, I need burkhead to score 15 and out score Landry by 7 and for Dion Lewis to stay under 19. 

And i I almost swapped out Collins for Burkhead....

I’m down 40...I have Brady, Cooks, & Landry. My opponent has Hogan. 

.5 ppr

6 pts for a passing TD 

should be close if Brady goes for 300 + yds & 3 TDS

Hoping to escape a classic case of over-managing and starting Giovani (10pts) over Howard (29pts), Brown and Boswell put me in position last night to need only 3pts from Brady tonight. EXACTLY what he got me last week, BTW- causing me to back into the playoffs and lose the bye... :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
Burkhead and New England defense TO combine for 25 points in standard.  Which they have done the last two weeks and more specifically against Miami.

Not hopeful, but it’s doable.

Really grinds my gears as my opponent has Wentz and Jeffery knowing that Wentz threw a td to him on 1 Leg on 4th and short from a position that a lot of other teams would have kicked a field goal from. 

Would feel much better being down 15

Need 17 from Drake + Cooks, non-ppr.  Feeling 50/50 on my chances at the moment.  Both are capable of either going off or doing very little.

I need Rex Burkhead to score fewer than 30.57 points. His high for the year in our system is 26.65. So, of course, I expect him to score 30.60 points tonight. You can start him with confidence, folks!  :(

I was going against Wentz in one league and Jeffery in the other, so I feel your pain.
I still don’t know why they went for that... I get it if you can’t sustain drives and score, but it wasn’t like they weren’t moving the ball all game. I figured they’d take their 3 points with a whole quarter left. But, that’s probably the fantasy in me. 

PPR, I’m basically done.

Need Burkhead & Pats defense to outscore Drake by more than 28 points.
Basically I need to Drake to get hurt on the first series to have a chance... if he suffered like bruised ribs and was back next week, I’m okay with that. If he breaks a bone or anything, that’s bad juju, so I’m not rooting for it.

1-seed in my IDP league, need Russel Wilson to not slip in his shower & break his ### since Wentz went down yesterday.  :wall:

I need Julius Thomas to not go ham. I will win my division in my D/ST redraft league thanks to Josh Gordon, Karem Hunt :wub: , Golden Taint IF Julius Thomas fails to score 34.2 points. It's a PPR league with a 5 point bonus at 100+ yards, so theoretically he could go 9/100/1 and still only score 30 points. Or 5/120/2 and score 34 points. Or any combo that results in less than 34.2 and I'm ok. It's the least likely thing every, which is of course why I'm scared to death that he's going to do something crazy tonight. 

But provided Thomas fails to become football Jesus on MNF, I need for nothing else. 

Down 12.2 opponent has Landry we have Drake. Lost Kamara, then Wentz. Definitely an underdog. Would like to see a monster game out of Drake!

Playoffs start next week for me and I'm locked into them but wouldn't mind Drake and Pats D to score 63 points tonight to beat my main rival and best friend for some nice bragging rights and a little money we bet on the side. Would have been a lot closer if green and Evans coulda actually scored points but oh well. Would make beating him in playoffs that much sweeter

I have Cooks and Burkhead left and he still has Hogan and is up 17pts.  I'm strangely confident here.

Users who are viewing this thread