What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malcolm Butler Week 15 - covering Antonio Brown? (1 Viewer)

mjb03003

Footballguy
I don't think the Patriots will be foolish enough to leave Butler on an island against the league's best WR. I expect they will roll a safety to Brown's side of the field to give some support over the top almost every snap. 

Having said that, do we expect Butler to draw the primary assignment on Brown? I'm thinking he could be a good spot start in week 15 as the Steelers will feed Brown regardless of coverage and give Butler plenty of tackle/PD/INT opportunities. 

No. It will be Gilmore if he’s active. Chasing points by finding the guy guarding AB isn’t always fortuitous anyway. Brandon Carr chased AB all over Pittsburgh last night to the tune 11 catches on 18 targets and had 6 tackles for 10 points. I’d prefer tramon Williams or Steven Nelson, since nobody throws at peters or Peterson. My favorite matchup with a guy that could/should be available is Humphries. He’ll have plenty of 1 on 1’s with Gordon or Coleman, and surprisingly Cleveland is a top 3 matchup vs cb’s since week 9.

Robar said:
No. It will be Gilmore if he’s active. Chasing points by finding the guy guarding AB isn’t always fortuitous anyway. Brandon Carr chased AB all over Pittsburgh last night to the tune 11 catches on 18 targets and had 6 tackles for 10 points. I’d prefer tramon Williams or Steven Nelson, since nobody throws at peters or Peterson. My favorite matchup with a guy that could/should be available is Humphries. He’ll have plenty of 1 on 1’s with Gordon or Coleman, and surprisingly Cleveland is a top 3 matchup vs cb’s since week 9.
Interested to know more about how you know Gilmore would be on Brown. I could see it going either way. 

Butler's last two games against Brown/Pitt:

Oct. 23 2016: 3 solos, 3 assists, INT, 3 PD

Jan 22 2017: 3 solos, 1 assists 1 PD

Interested to know more about how you know Gilmore would be on Brown. I could see it going either way. 

Butler's last two games against Brown/Pitt:

Oct. 23 2016: 3 solos, 3 assists, INT, 3 PD

Jan 22 2017: 3 solos, 1 assists 1 PD
That’s an 8 point avg, I chase 15 point guys 

Wow...

friendly wager for fun, since I’ll be a significant underdog. I say Quincy Wilson, Humphries, Q Diggs, and Revis all score more than Butler, and I’d guess either 3 or 4 of them are on your ww. 

I think the pats would prefer their better cb be on Brown but considering Butler can’t match up height wise with MB or JuJu you could be right that Butler draws Brown, but I’m not a buyer on a guy that had 3 solos the last 2 times he faced a player/team...

having said all that, start Butler. You feel very strongly about him, don’t let me or anyone else change your mind, you’ll regret it all offseason if we cost you. It’s a much easier pill to swallow when you trusted your gut!

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread