What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 waiver wire (1 Viewer)

zftcg

Footballguy
Surprised there's not already a thread. I guess because it's the playoffs and a) there's not much out there, and b) our lineups are pretty set at this point.

As a Wentz owner, it's all about QBs for me this week. Here's my priority list (hoping to get two):

1. Jimmy G
  2. Foles
  3. Gabbert
Might end up switching Foles and Gabbert. Anyway, that's not really a decision I have to make yet, because if I get Jimmy, I'll definitely start him this week, and I wouldn't need the other QB until Week 16.

Some non-QBs I would consider if they were out there:

• KWilliams -- picked him up right before Sunday's games; no timetable for Peterson's return and he has great matchups ROS
  • Westbrook -- crowded position group but has the highest upside
  • Coleman -- everyone's slobbering over Gordon but he could emerge too
  • Gallman -- Darkwa is clearly being phased out
Others?

Jordy if dropped (hard to trust this week even of Rodgers comes back)...but of you have space or need a WR.

Dolphins D at Bills (weather?)

Redskins D vs Cardinals 

Cardinals D at Redskins 

I think that’s my preferred order for whatever that’s worth. Saints over all three. 

Dolphins D at Bills (weather?)

Redskins D vs Cardinals 

Cardinals D at Redskins 

I think that’s my preferred order for whatever that’s worth. Saints over all three. 
If Tyrod is starting I'd be nervous about Dolphins. Actually regardless I'd be nervous starting a warm weather team in Buffalo in December.

Shaheen? I mean, just in case you were the points leader choosing between ASJ & Olsen.

:bag:
Can't imagine using a waiver claim/FAAB on a dart-throw TE, but then again, if I had followed the "don't invest in a rookie TE on a bad offense" rule, I never would have ended up with Engram.  :shrug:

What are thoughts on Flacco? Wentz went down and Flacco is the only starter left. Have Ryan but he's been less than stellar.

What are thoughts on Flacco? Wentz went down and Flacco is the only starter left. Have Ryan but he's been less than stellar.
Grab him. In a 2QB 10-teamer, I targeted Flacco as a trade throw-in after starting 5-0 specifically for these next two weeks.

He's still a pretty bad QB but as schedules go, @CLE, v.IND is about as good as it gets. Bad pass D's, atrocious offenses, teams with nothing to play for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Flacco winds up a top-10 fantasy QB over this two-week span.

Grab him. In a 2QB 10-teamer, I targeted Flacco as a trade throw-in after starting 5-0 specifically for these next two weeks.

He's still a pretty bad QB but as schedules go, @CLE, v.IND is about as good as it gets. Bad pass D's, atrocious offenses, teams with nothing to play for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Flacco winds up a top-10 fantasy QB over this two-week span.
Was just about to post something about Flacco. He's impossible to trust but has back-to-back good games and good schedule going forward. I currently have him second behind Foles as my possible Wentz replacement.

Was just about to post something about Flacco. He's impossible to trust but has back-to-back good games and good schedule going forward. I currently have him second behind Foles as my possible Wentz replacement.
Yeah, I almost posted something about him earlier, but I realized he was already gone in my league. If he were available, I think I'd probably put him after Jimmy G but ahead of Foles/Gabbert, depending on my appetite for risk.

Yeah, I almost posted something about him earlier, but I realized he was already gone in my league. If he were available, I think I'd probably put him after Jimmy G but ahead of Foles/Gabbert, depending on my appetite for risk.
I'm currently going Foles over him (Jimmy is gone) due to the superior offense. Plus, Philly's matchups the next two weeks are crazy great. 

I'm currently going Foles over him (Jimmy is gone) due to the superior offense. Plus, Philly's matchups the next two weeks are crazy great. 
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I said "appetite for risk". I think their match-ups are both good enough that they could be considered a wash. The question comes down to the guy with better weapons and more upside (Foles) or the guy with a more proven track record (Flacco, for better or for worse). I think it's very close; part of me is glad I don't have to make the decision.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about when I said "appetite for risk". I think their match-ups are both good enough that they could be considered a wash. The question comes down to the guy with better weapons and more upside (Foles) or the guy with a more proven track record (Flacco, for better or for worse). I think it's very close; part of me is glad I don't have to make the decision.
I have to and yeah it sucks. Just needed two more weeks of greatness from Wentz. Ugh. Oh well. Nothing can be done about that now.  

Bortles if he's out there.

he's available in my league where i have both Ryan and Stafford... and I think i might actually pick up & start Bortles over both Ryan & Stafford. 

Bortles if he's out there.

he's available in my league where i have both Ryan and Stafford... and I think i might actually pick up & start Bortles over both Ryan & Stafford. 
It's a defensible move, but TB has a pretty awful pass D.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a defensible move, but TB has a pretty awful pass D.
Sure, but where was NO ranked vs. the Pass (think middle of the road, but I honestly don't know for sure)?

And for reference, Ryan only threw for 317/1 (good for 18 points in my league where all TD's are 6)

BTW, another shark move is to pick up any valuable handcuffs who are unowned (even if you don't own the RB1). I may put in a claim for Conner; not sure if there are any other pure handcuffs (ie, not guys like Coleman or Henry) who would become instant starters if the RB1 went down. Ekeler? West? Don't think I could see myself starting those guys in a championship.

BTW, another shark move is to pick up any valuable handcuffs who are unowned (even if you don't own the RB1). I may put in a claim for Conner; not sure if there are any other pure handcuffs (ie, not guys like Coleman or Henry) who would become instant starters if the RB1 went down. Ekeler? West? Don't think I could see myself starting those guys in a championship.
Malcolm Brown comes to mind immediately, after Conner.

So many teams running committees means most "handcuffs" are already on fantasy rosters.  Guys like Cadet, Penny, and Cunningham may be the next tier.   :X

What about speculative adds for week 16 for DST? *fingers crossed*

Rank these...

New England home vs Buf (probably dropped after last night and facing Pitt)

Arizona vs Giants

Carolina vs Tampa Bay

What about speculative adds for week 16 for DST? *fingers crossed*

Rank these...

New England home vs Buf (probably dropped after last night and facing Pitt)

Arizona vs Giants

Carolina vs Tampa Bay
I'm hanging onto Carolina for Week 16 in particular although I will probably use them this week if Rodgers doesn't return. 

Malcolm Brown comes to mind immediately, after Conner.

So many teams running committees means most "handcuffs" are already on fantasy rosters.  Guys like Cadet, Penny, and Cunningham may be the next tier.   :X
I think the stakes change at this point in the season when it comes to handcuffs. They're no longer lottery tickets, they're lottery tickets whose value you have to assess immediately.

I suppose if Gurley got hurt on the first play of the game and Brown proceeded to erupt for 24/250/2, you might feel comfortable rolling him out the following week vs. Tenn. But what if you're making the decision without much more info than you have right now?

Honestly, I'm not even sure if Conner is worth it. Steelers play Houston in Week 16, a team with a great run D and horrible pass D. Conner is a rookie with barely any carries. What would it take for me to feel good about starting him?

I think the stakes change at this point in the season when it comes to handcuffs. They're no longer lottery tickets, they're lottery tickets whose value you have to assess immediately.

I suppose if Gurley got hurt on the first play of the game and Brown proceeded to erupt for 24/250/2, you might feel comfortable rolling him out the following week vs. Tenn. But what if you're making the decision without much more info than you have right now?

Honestly, I'm not even sure if Conner is worth it. Steelers play Houston in Week 16, a team with a great run D and horrible pass D. Conner is a rookie with barely any carries. What would it take for me to feel good about starting him?
All it would take for me to start either Conner or Brown would be finding out before kickoff that their starter was out.

All it would take for me to start either Conner or Brown would be finding out before kickoff that their starter was out.
Really? Even in a case where you didn't own Bell/Gurley? You'd vault them over your existing starters?

My current starters are Collins and JWilliams, with DeMarco and KWilliams behind them. The two backups have great Week 16 matchups (LAR/NYG). Conner and Brown have negative ones. I think it would take a lot for me to feel good about slotting either of them in.

Really? Even in a case where you didn't own Bell/Gurley? You'd vault them over your existing starters?

My current starters are Collins and JWilliams, with DeMarco and KWilliams behind them. The two backups have great Week 16 matchups (LAR/NYG). Conner and Brown have negative ones. I think it would take a lot for me to feel good about slotting either of them in.
Obviously it depends who my starters are but by this stage in the playoffs I have some pretty deep rosters and some pretty depleted teams.  I just reached the finals with a squad starting Hyde, Martin and Davis with Kerwynn on the bench.  Absolutely I'd run Conner and Brown both out there next week if Bell and Gurley are inactive.

Can't imagine using a waiver claim/FAAB on a dart-throw TE, but then again, if I had followed the "don't invest in a rookie TE on a bad offense" rule, I never would have ended up with Engram.  :shrug:
FAAB is pointless at this stage. I have 20% left, even if it’s for a block (Foles) its better to spend it since it ain’t rolling over.

If I don’t bid I’m the 11th priority so if I put in a claim I’ll make it minimal. Not like they’ll be a bunch of TE claims tonight.

Anderson, Brate, Burton, Celek (both), Njoku, Reed, ASJ, Sheehan

Doesn’t seem like much difference between throwing a dart, getting production off RSJ’s 20-25 snaps, or hoping Olsen has miraculous healing.

Looks like Tyrod will return this week and he gets the Dolphins, who he has historically played very well against. Key with him would be mobility. He's nowhere near as appealing if he can't run. I'm guessing he's on plenty of Waiver Wires right now. 

Looks like Tyrod will return this week and he gets the Dolphins, who he has historically played very well against. Key with him would be mobility. He's nowhere near as appealing if he can't run. I'm guessing he's on plenty of Waiver Wires right now. 
In the league where he is available, I have Jimmy and Bortles. No way I'd start him over either of them.

In the league where I'd consider starting him (have Foles and Gabbert), he's not available.

Problem with Tyrod is that his ceiling has never been all that high. He's traditionally been a high floor guy, but as we've seen over the past month, between injuries and benchings the bottom fell out there as well.

In the league where he is available, I have Jimmy and Bortles. No way I'd start him over either of them.

In the league where I'd consider starting him (have Foles and Gabbert), he's not available.

Problem with Tyrod is that his ceiling has never been all that high. He's traditionally been a high floor guy, but as we've seen over the past month, between injuries and benchings the bottom fell out there as well.
I agree. He hasn't been a standout for almost two months. But the matchup is appealing assuming his mobility isn't an issue. More of a 2-QB league dart throw in my opinion. 

packersfan said:
I agree. He hasn't been a standout for almost two months. But the matchup is appealing assuming his mobility isn't an issue. More of a 2-QB league dart throw in my opinion. 
I wish his match-ups were reversed. If he played the Pats first and looked decent, I'd feel OK rolling him out at home vs. Miami. But even if he shreds Miami, it's going to be hard to trust him @NE given how he looked against them two weeks ago.

Picked up James Connor to cuff Bell.

Might cut some dead weight (RSJ....+ one other between Olsen, Perrine, LAC....or not. I don't need any of them, but don't want to give someone else a good WK 16 option.)

Basically just going with the ones who brought me. Strong everywhere except TE, and I'm horrible at streaming that position. Seven of the eight weeks I carried two TEs this season, I picked the wrong one.  :bag:  Led the league in scoring with 8 weeks of 4.00 or less from TE in full PPR.

Picked up James Connor to cuff Bell.

Might cut some dead weight (RSJ....+ one other between Olsen, Perrine, LAC....or not. I don't need any of them, but don't want to give someone else a good WK 16 option.)

Basically just going with the ones who brought me. Strong everywhere except TE, and I'm horrible at streaming that position. Seven of the eight weeks I carried two TEs this season, I picked the wrong one.  :bag:  Led the league in scoring with 8 weeks of 4.00 or less from TE in full PPR.
In the league where I own Bell, we have open waivers, so I generally don't worry too much about handcuffs.

But I just looked at my roster and said, "If Bell tore up his knee in practice tomorrow, would I rather start Conner or Orleans Darkwa?" And I realized it wasn't even close.

Made the switch.

In the league where I own Bell, we have open waivers, so I generally don't worry too much about handcuffs.

But I just looked at my roster and said, "If Bell tore up his knee in practice tomorrow, would I rather start Conner or Orleans Darkwa?" And I realized it wasn't even close.

Made the switch.
Yeah I did the GamePass search and watched every touch by JC; dang, he is going to be OK for somebody someday.

We hope to ride Bell all the way, but he's on pace for 441 touches - top 10 all-time. That hit to the knee against the Ravens was enough to convince me (& I usually never handcuff.)

Are there any sleeper TE this week? Is James the best option, or was that a fluke last week?
Hold my beer.

I've rostered 6 TEs this year, started 5 different guys. The only one I never started? Jack Doyle, now somebody else's starter.

In 14 weeks, I've carried 2 TEs on 8 occasions. I picked the wrong one 7 times (not sure what happened WK 5.)

Over 14 games, my starting TEs have scored 3.00 or less points 7 times. It's full PPR. 

For the season, starters - 87.80 (6.27 PPG), backups - 102.1 (8 G, 12.76 PPG.)

I'm unlikely to start RSJ (TE41) or Olsen (TE87 - still behind Eifert  :lmao:  .)

I'm choosing between James, Njoku, and Shaheen (Brate also on the WW) - leaning towards the Bears 2nd Rounder. You get a chance to start a GLIAC in the semis, how can you pass on that, right?

TL; DR

I'll let you guys know what I do so you can make sure you don't pick the wrong TE streamer. 

ETA: FTR I led the league in points. Still pondering the deeper meaning of my TE ineptitude, it's a newly acquired expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordy if dropped (hard to trust this week even of Rodgers comes back)...but of you have space or need a WR.
Why would he be hard to trust if Rodgers starts? The ONLY reason that Nelson has been dog meat for the last 8 weeks is because of Hundley. I don't think this is the type of injury that would limit Rodgers' production very much if at all. The concern as I understand it is that he's susceptible to re injuring if he lands on it awkwardly.

If I were a Nelson owner and held to this point there's absolutely no way he wouldn't be in my lineup this week.

Hold my beer.

I've rostered 6 TEs this year, started 5 different guys. The only one I never started? Jack Doyle, now somebody else's starter.

In 14 weeks, I've carried 2 TEs on 8 occasions. I picked the wrong one 7 times (not sure what happened WK 5.)

Over 14 games, my starting TEs have scored 3.00 or less points 7 times. It's full PPR. 

I'm unlikely to start RSJ (TE41) or Olsen (TE87 - still behind Eifert  :lmao:  .)

I'm choosing between James, Njoku, and Shaheen (Brate also on the WW) - leaning towards the Bears 2nd Rounder. You get a chance to start a GLIAC in the semis, how can you pass on that, right?

TL; DR

I'll let you guys know what I do so you can make sure you don't pick the wrong TE streamer. 

ETA: FTR I led the league in points. Still pondering the deeper meaning of my TE ineptitude, it's a newly acquired expertise.
I'm likely starting RSJ and Olsen this week in different leagues so it looks like I'm going in the right direction.

Hold my beer.

TL; DR

I feel like I’m following you around the Shark Pool.. I’ve been picking the wrong TEs all season. I recently dropped ASJ, RSJ. I still have on my roster S. Anderson. Why? Ugh. Just picked up and starting Ebron. It’s scary out there on the TE waivers. Njoku, Howard, and Sheehan all available. 

Hold my beer.

I've rostered 6 TEs this year, started 5 different guys.

Still pondering the deeper meaning of my TE ineptitude, it's a newly acquired expertise.
When I do my post-season mental review of how prepared I was for our draft and the initial team I drafted, I'm going to have to begin with how poorly I over-estimated the depth at TE this year.  I drafted a TE late and, like you, never got positive production from that position.  I lost two close matches when AS-J was robbed of TDs, but that's just part of the crap shoot.

BTW, if I hold your beer, it's comin' back empty!  ;)

Why would he be hard to trust if Rodgers starts? The ONLY reason that Nelson has been dog meat for the last 8 weeks is because of Hundley. I don't think this is the type of injury that would limit Rodgers' production very much if at all. The concern as I understand it is that he's susceptible to re injuring if he lands on it awkwardly.

If I were a Nelson owner and held to this point there's absolutely no way he wouldn't be in my lineup this week.
Because maybe it was all Hundley.  Maybe it wasn’t and now you have a qb who has been off for that long.

I have him...but would I start him over Goodwin or Tyreek right now? The don’t think so.

Because maybe it was all Hundley.  Maybe it wasn’t and now you have a qb who has been off for that long.

I have him...but would I start him over Goodwin or Tyreek right now? The don’t think so.
Easily. Jordy was leading the league in tds before Rodgers went down. Unless your league doesn't give points for tds of course.

Just me but I wouldn't start Nelson over Hill but would over Goodwin. Hill is a stud. Goodwin isn't. 

Regarding maybe it was Hundley maybe it wasn't. Come on. 5 TDs with Rodgers & 0 with Hundley? Nelson was a top 5 WR coming into the season & did everything right to justify his position until Rodgers went down. 

If you're stacked at WR I can understand why you might sit Nelson. If not I think you have to trust the Rodgers-Nelson chemistry. 

Fluke IMO. Juju is back
Plus Ben tossed the rock 64 times. 11 targets in that context isn't really all that great.

I'm likely starting RSJ and Olsen this week in different leagues so it looks like I'm going in the right direction.
RSJ just scares me. I just don't think I could start a TE who has failed to crack 30% of the snaps yet.

Because maybe it was all Hundley. Maybe it wasn’t and now you have a qb who has been off for that long.

I think Jordy was falling off before Rodgers went down and that their chemistry, especially in the RZ was propping him up. I still think it can though. But, there is no doubt some real risk involved. 

I think h  is very TD dependent. Normally with Rodgers...that is a darn good bet. 

However, now they have a run game and him coming off injury.

Take that vs Goodwin who has gone 8 for 99 and 6 for 106 with Jimmy G.

Users who are viewing this thread