jerseys finest

FANDUEL WEEK 15

81 posts in this topic

lots of good passing matchups, don't love the running matchups. 

probably going to go cheap at RB and pay up elsewhere. 

more analysis later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just started to break down this week.  Based on my initial look these guys are in premium matchups:

QB- Brees, Foles, Cam, Rodgers, Flacco, Brady, Gabbert

RB- Drake, Murray/McKinnon, McCoy, Ajayi/Bount, AP/Ker Will, Collins/Allen/Wood, Burkhead/Lewis, Mike Davis

WR- Adams/Jordy/Cobb, Cooks/Hogan/Amedola, Funchess, M Thomas/Ginn, Jeffery/Agholor/T Smith, Kupp/Watkins, Fitz

TE- M Lewis/O'Shaughnessy, Clay, Seals-Jones, Graham, Ertz/Burton, Celek/Kittles

D- Jaguars, Ravens, Vikings, Eagles, Saints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jerseys finest said:

lots of good passing matchups, don't love the running matchups. 

probably going to go cheap at RB and pay up elsewhere. 

more analysis later.

But we seem to be getting to the point were the rbs are getting a lot of touches - Maybe as the weather gets worse?  I looked quick this morning and I think it was 15+ rbs that had over 20 touches this weekend.  Just wondering if we might have to look past the matchups a tad. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Placeholders I am tinkering with

1. Brees - Collins/Drake - Brown/Goodwin/Westbrook - Walker - Lutz - Bal

2. Brady - Bell/Collins - Thielen/Goodwin/Westbrook - Olson - Lambo - Bal

3. Foles - Collins/Drake - Brown/Thomas/Westbrook - Gronk - Lambo - NO

 

#2... Could go Bell/Drake combo also...Brady has had 2 poor weeks in a row.  May be a risk, but I think he just has to break out of that funk.  Olson may also be too risky for cash.  Lots of playing time without production last week and GB has not given up a whole lot to TEs...maybe pivot to Seals-Jones or Ben Watson as a cheap options as Washington and Cleveland have been generous to TEs.  But Watson left a bad taste in my mouth after posting the zero last week in my primetime LU  :hot:

#3...I don't mind paying down at QB.   There are a few options down there.  Flacco could have a nice week, but I seem to be leaning towards using Collins, so Flacco is not likely for me.  Gabbert, Kizer, even Cutler might be in play.  But two guys at minimum price could offer the best value...Foles and Petty.  Both of these guys have some weapons around them to work with, but that NYG match up for Foles looks pretty juicy and allows for some studs in the LU.  Not sure about the Gronk play in this LU...may drop down there and go for a higher end RB instead.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the?!?    FanDuel is showing an entirely different type of contest!

$60,000 salary cap

Lineup:  QB  RB  RB  WR  WR  TE  FLEX  SUPERFLEX

Whoa!  Odd time to be rolling out something so different.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I in a secret focus group? :tinfoilhat:

EDIT TO ADD:  Wow, I've dreamed of dumping kickers and defense for weeks!  Now's my chance, right?

Edited by Church of Iggy Pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Church of Iggy Pop said:

What the?!?    FanDuel is showing an entirely different type of contest!

$60,000 salary cap

Lineup:  QB  RB  RB  WR  WR  TE  FLEX  SUPERFLEX

Whoa!  Odd time to be rolling out something so different.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I in a secret focus group? :tinfoilhat:

EDIT TO ADD:  Wow, I've dreamed of dumping kickers and defense for weeks!  Now's my chance, right?

Interesting.  They sucked me in for a couple bucks.  Looks like they adjusted a couple qb salaries though - ie Foles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Church of Iggy Pop said:

What the?!?    FanDuel is showing an entirely different type of contest!

$60,000 salary cap

Lineup:  QB  RB  RB  WR  WR  TE  FLEX  SUPERFLEX

Whoa!  Odd time to be rolling out something so different.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Am I in a secret focus group? :tinfoilhat:

EDIT TO ADD:  Wow, I've dreamed of dumping kickers and defense for weeks!  Now's my chance, right?

I love the SUPER flex format.  It looks fun.  I am going to throw a few bucks at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many different slates this week -- its giving me brain freeze!  Hell, I just entered a lineup with some guy named FALES at QB, instead of FOLES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for that format and 1/2 pt ppr, it's basically 2qb, 3rb, 2wr, 1te, and look to stack your and, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

So for that format and 1/2 pt ppr, it's basically 2qb, 3rb, 2wr, 1te, and look to stack your and, right? 

That is the way I did it.  I did little, to no research, for it.  Just went with something fun and easy and very chalky.  I need to do something to upgrade my second WR, but otherwise I don't feel horrible about the lineup.

Brady-Ben-Collins-Drake-Barber-Brown-T Benj-Gronk.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FatNate said:

That is the way I did it.  I did little, to no research, for it.  Just went with something fun and easy and very chalky.  I need to do something to upgrade my second WR, but otherwise I don't feel horrible about the lineup.

Brady-Ben-Collins-Drake-Barber-Brown-T Benj-Gronk.

 

They aren't big gpps, so you probably don't have to get too weird.  That NE/Pitts game is probably a good one to start with.  I wondered if I could get Rex/Bell/Gronk/Brown in there and do different stacks with cheaper Qbs  and WRs around them.  Might play with that idea more later.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That format is quite different.  My first attempt:

Flacco/Bortles, Collins/Drake/LMurray, ABrown/MThomas, Gronk

Debating things like MThomas to Dez which gets Bortles to Rivers.  Flacco-Collins stack seems workable against my Browns.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

They aren't big gpps, so you probably don't have to get too weird.  That NE/Pitts game is probably a good one to start with.  I wondered if I could get Rex/Bell/Gronk/Brown in there and do different stacks with cheaper Qbs  and WRs around them.  Might play with that idea more later.  

I like the idea of stacking the NE/PIT game, but using a different QB to stack with to save some money.  I didn't even do the GPPs.  I just jumped into a 3-man & 5-man tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thurs-Mon slate is looking good for a TNF fade. 

Make sure your placeholders don't include scrubs from the Saturday games if you don't plan on updating until Sunday (I just removed Santos from mine, potentially devastating).

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The optimizer covers the Superflex now. (There's a link in the FanDuel optimizer.)

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FatNate said:

I like the idea of stacking the NE/PIT game, but using a different QB to stack with to save some money.  I didn't even do the GPPs.  I just jumped into a 3-man & 5-man tournament.

Gotcha.  I put in 2 $1 gpp placeholders, but it wasn't a big contest - 1200 entries or so?

Don't know why I never look at the 3 - 20 man contests.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Thurs-Mon slate is looking good for a TNF fade. 

Make sure your placeholders don't include scrubs from the Saturday games if you don't plan on updating until Sunday (I just removed Santos from mine, potentially devastating).

Broncos onslaught, baby!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NBA ticket contests were only 20-30% full.  Wish I had gotten more in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FatNate said:

I like the idea of stacking the NE/PIT game, but using a different QB to stack with to save some money.  I didn't even do the GPPs.  I just jumped into a 3-man & 5-man tournament.

It is hard, but I came up with:  Game stack with AB/Bell/Gronk/Burkhead and then got in Kizer+Coleman and Bortles+Westbrook.  Probably not a great way to go with that.  

ETA:  here is a placeholder for my fade of the NE/Pitt game (I will have a lot of that game in main slate, so I figured I would be silly and fade it somewhere):

Jimmy G/Goodwin, Wilson/Baldwin,Kamara, Freeman, L.Murray, Walker

Edited by KarmaPolice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

NBA ticket contests were only 20-30% full.  Wish I had gotten more in play.

I need to start paying more attention to situations like this.  I do not usually check the ticket payback contests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Gotcha.  I put in 2 $1 gpp placeholders, but it wasn't a big contest - 1200 entries or so?

Don't know why I never look at the 3 - 20 man contests.  

I love the 3-, 5-, & 10- man contests.  I think it is a great way to use a cash lineup and make a little more than just doubling up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super flex lineup update:  Jimmy G- Kizer-Drake-L Murray-Perine-AB-Julio-Gronk.

No stacks.  Expected high volume RBs.  Murray may split, but I think he is in a great spot this weekend and being undervalued by the experts.  Studs at WR and TE.  I do not love either QB this week, but they fit the price and I am comfortable with them (I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FatNate said:

I need to start paying more attention to situations like this.  I do not usually check the ticket payback contests.

Only so much you can pay attention to.  There was prize $ overlay last night.  Only so many things you can enter in a minute.  At times I've seen them fill quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the superflex format as well and I am thinking the same thing you guys already mentioned - basically you have to start 2 QBs.

I haven't looked at anything in depth, but I plan to throw a few $1 GPPs at this format and I'll have on Ben/Brady stack - why not?  I sure seems like a shootout is in the works.  Another option might be to have two GPPs entries with the PIT/NE game - find a cheap QB you like and do a Ben/cheap QB and also a Brady/cheap QB entry.  That way you will have exposure to the game with a little diversification thrown in as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first pass gpp

Qb- big ben

Rb- L.Murray, Ajayi

Wr- A. Brown, Funchess, Woods

TE- Walker

Lambo

Ravens(may go new orleans)

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cabby said:

My first pass gpp

Qb- big ben

Rb- L.Murray, Ajayi

Wr- A. Brown, Funchess, Woods

TE- Walker

Lambo

Ravens(may go new orleans)

Thoughts?

I love Murray this week. I like your WR. Ravens are one of the top D choices this week. Why Ajayi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatNate said:

I love Murray this week. I like your WR. Ravens are one of the top D choices this week. Why Ajayi?

I think under Foles, the eagles run it more.  The Giants gave up a ton of yards to the Dallas running backs last week. Maybe im wrong?

Edited by Cabby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cabby said:

I think under Foles, the eagles run it more.  The Giants gave up a ton of yards to the Dallas running backs last week. Maybe im wrong?

NYG are horrible. No doubt. You could be right about them running more to cover for Foles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FatNate said:

NYG are horrible. No doubt. You could be right about them running more to cover for Foles. 

I will likely throw burkhead in a few of my lineups in place of Ajayi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bit of Ajayi as well for those same reasons.  Philly is one of the run heaviest teams in the league, and I would think they would lean a little more on that with Foles.  I have just been trying to think of upside plays at RBs in that price range as pivots off Drake, so I have Ajayi/Rex/L.Murray/K.Williams written down as possibilities

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue is main slate TE for cash/cash+, after Gronk.  Who do you trust?  I probably will run Ertz only in one GPP with Foles, just in case.  Engram and/or Graham I guess?  James is on my radar as a cheaper option but probably just a GPP or two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

My issue is main slate TE for cash/cash+, after Gronk.  Who do you trust?  I probably will run Ertz only in one GPP with Foles, just in case.  Engram and/or Graham I guess?  James is on my radar as a cheaper option but probably just a GPP or two.  

I trust Ertz. The article I read indicated Foles has used the TE in the past, so with this matchup it is a good bet that Ertz will still be a popular target. I also like Walker. 49ers have been giving up TDs to the TE over the last 6 weeks or so. I also think Graham comes back this week and is part of the passing attack. I like Clay, Seals-Jones, Watson, and Njoka as punt/bargain plays to save salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to figure out the algorithm used to pump up the QB salaries for the Superflex contest.  I assumed it was straight inflation of QBs.

Brady $8000 in main game,  $10,100 in Superflex
Foles is stone min $6000 in the main game, but $7200 in Superflex,

However, DeShone Kizer, remained at $6700 in both formats.

After playing with the new IVC a bit (  Kudos to Maurile Tremblay!!! ) , my impression is some QBs who didn't make consideration in the traditional format are "bubbling up" in Superflex.  examples:  Kizer, Matt Ryan, Keenum

Anyone got a handle on this aspect of the Superflex contests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like some value is really opening up at RB, beyond the obvious mega chalk Kenyon Drake.

  • With Coleman ruled out for MNF, I think Freeman becomes a must start against the Buccaneers.
  • With Mixon out, Gio Bernard delivered good value last week in a similarly negative game script.  I'm likely to use him in GPPs at least, even with his salary increased to $5900.

    If Fournette scratches, who's the play?  Ivory?  Yeldon?  Bortles and Westbrook?!?  
Edited by Church of Iggy Pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Church of Iggy Pop said:

Seems like some value is really opening up at RB, beyond the obvious mega chalk Kenyon Drake.

  • With Coleman ruled out for MNF, I think Freeman becomes a must start against the Buccaneers.
  • With Mixon out, Gio Bernard delivered good value last week in a similarly negative game script.  I'm likely to use him in GPPs at least, even with his salary increased to $5900.

    If Fournette scratches, who's the play?  Ivory?  Yeldon?  Bortles and Westbrook?!?  

I agree.  Freeman is a great play for the rosters that include Monday. I am out on Gio.  Loved him last week, but I think he gets even less this week and his salary increased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 11:33 AM, Bobcat10 said:

Thurs-Mon slate is looking good for a TNF fade. 

Make sure your placeholders don't include scrubs from the Saturday games if you don't plan on updating until Sunday (I just removed Santos from mine, potentially devastating).

SONOFA... :wall:

Despite "liking" Bobcat10's post the other day, I just noticed that my SAT - MON superflex lineup just locked in placeholder Jordan Howard.  No way I wanted to play him, was going to pivot to Freeman.  smh    I'm an idiot

:wall: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FatNate said:

I trust Ertz. The article I read indicated Foles has used the TE in the past, so with this matchup it is a good bet that Ertz will still be a popular target. I also like Walker. 49ers have been giving up TDs to the TE over the last 6 weeks or so. I also think Graham comes back this week and is part of the passing attack. I like Clay, Seals-Jones, Watson, and Njoka as punt/bargain plays to save salary. 

I was looking at Walker, but TE salaries seem to be a tad elevated as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatNate said:

I agree.  Freeman is a great play for the rosters that include Monday. I am out on Gio.  Loved him last week, but I think he gets even less this week and his salary increased. 

I have been looking at A.Morris on those slates too.  Should be lower owned after last week and the other rb getting tds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.