What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15: I am starting Aaron Rodgers over ______. (1 Viewer)

Benching him for Wilson. Crazy to think I might have him on my roster for the entire playoff run (weeks 14-16, assuming i survive this week) and not play him once.

I'd start him over everyone but Wilson and Brady. No doubt in my mind.

Starting Rivers over him. Rivers has been on absolute fire. I cant get off that train now. only a few guys right now I would start over Rodgers and its Rivers, Ben , Wilson, Cam and maybe Brady.

Over Brady...of course Brady’s crap performance put me in the consolation bracket so screw him...I’m putting Rodgers in

In a 2-QB start league.  Brady is definite must-start for me against the Steelers.  Must decide between Rodgers and Matt Ryan who has been awful but has nice matchup this week against Tampa Bay.

I for sure will start him over Stafford, but in another league I traded for Cam Newton earlier in the year when Rodgers went down,. Now I have to decide between  the two in one playoff game.  Right now I'm going with Cam over Rodgers because I like the match up better.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a 2-QB start league.  Brady is definite must-start for me against the Steelers.  Must decide between Rodgers and Matt Ryan who has been awful but has nice matchup this week against Tampa Bay.
Don’t overthink it. You said it yourself, Ryan has been downright awful this season for fantasy 

Still debating on Cousins at home vs ARZ or ARod
Same scenario, and going with Rodgers w/confidence

Carolina D has actually given up the 2nd most points to QBs over the last 5 weeks, coupled with the Pack still having an outside shot at the playoffs makes this a no brainer for me.

I'm debating starting Rodgers over Brees, NO may have the ball a lot with Petty starting for the Jets-if that wasn't the case it would be Rodgers for sure.

My post from the "will Rodgers be back..." thread really belongs here:

So, after Rodgers went down I barely treaded water with the likes of Flacco, Simien and Hundley. I then managed to wrangle a deal for Brady from a team out of contention (auction/keeper $ league) to back into the playoffs (Brady 3pts week 13, 7pts week 14!)

Now what?
With Gronk back from suspension I'm thinking that Brady bounces back from two sub par performances against Big Ben & Co. Tuff call here.

>>Edited to add that I'm up against the Gronk owner for the division title this weekend. Brady it is. <<

My post from the "will Rodgers be back..." thread really belongs here:

With Gronk back from suspension I'm thinking that Brady bounces back from two sub par performances against Big Ben & Co. Tuff call here.

>>Edited to add that I'm up against the Gronk owner for the division title this weekend. Brady it is. <<
Brady should have a field day against the Steelers defense on Sunday.  There is no way I would have him riding the pine.

Brady should have a field day against the Steelers defense on Sunday.  There is no way I would have him riding the pine.
Did you pick Brady to crap the bed two weeks in a row- or to the Fish this past Sunday?

Did you pick Brady to crap the bed two weeks in a row- or to the Fish this past Sunday?
No I did not.  I played him but knowing the history of Brady against the Steelers and the state of the Steelers defense I think it is an excellent matchup.  Being a Steelers fan I hope I am wrong and he is terrible but I am starting Brady with confidence this week and would over Rodgers (though I am starting Rodgers too ahead of Ryan)

No I did not.  I played him but knowing the history of Brady against the Steelers and the state of the Steelers defense I think it is an excellent matchup.  Being a Steelers fan I hope I am wrong and he is terrible but I am starting Brady with confidence this week and would over Rodgers (though I am starting Rodgers too ahead of Ryan)
Gronk being back has to help. Although I am facing Gronk. :oldunsure:

I picked Rodgers  up on a bunch of teams and was almost let down when I heard he was returning just because I'm so confused on what to do.

I have Rodgers on 4 teams with Big Ben. So either sit a smoking hot Big Ben in likely shootout or sit Aaron Rodgers.  I don't know what I'm going to do.

I got a Dak/Rodgers team and that is easy call to sit Dak.

kneeshooter said:
Same scenario, and going with Rodgers w/confidence

Carolina D has actually given up the 2nd most points to QBs over the last 5 weeks, coupled with the Pack still having an outside shot at the playoffs makes this a no brainer for me.
Stuff like this is why I love this board. 

I am in the same position and I am scared of Dak - Going against Brady and Antonio Brown and I need big points!
I'm running Rodgers over Dak as well. I think Rodgers' floor is higher (can't ever imagine a negative stat line, let alone one in the single digits) and the ceiling is probably higher too.

I picked Rodgers  up on a bunch of teams and was almost let down when I heard he was returning just because I'm so confused on what to do.

I have Rodgers on 4 teams with Big Ben. So either sit a smoking hot Big Ben in likely shootout or sit Aaron Rodgers.  I don't know what I'm going to do.

I got a Dak/Rodgers team and that is easy call to sit Dak.
I have Ben, Brees, and Rodgers all on one team. Have Ben in over all 3 right now. He’s scorching hot, playing at home, must win, and the Pats just gave up 3 TDs to Jay freaking Cutler. It’s hard not to play Ben right now

I have Ben, Brees, and Rodgers all on one team. Have Ben in over all 3 right now. He’s scorching hot, playing at home, must win, and the Pats just gave up 3 TDs to Jay freaking Cutler. It’s hard not to play Ben right now
I agree it's hard to not play Big Ben, but it's also hard to not play Aaron Rodgers and he's facing a team that has recently given up 280/2 to Keenum and 300/3 to McCown in last few weeks.

I have Rodgers, Cousins, and Rivers.  Cousins is not startle with the other options I have.  How do you all feel about Rodgers over Rivers?  Rodgers @ Carolina, Rivers @KC?

The stats about Carolina have me intrigued about Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread