What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GET BALLSY......."SEMI-FINALS WEEK" VERSION (1 Viewer)

Mine are more "I have no better option" than they are ballsy, I'm afraid.  :unsure:

I'm still alive in two leagues where Rudolph is out. Picked up Ebron in one, and in the other, I'm debating between Ben Watson (who I own) and Jesse James.  Watson had a good game the last time BAL faced CLE, but I am leaning towards James.  PIT-NE should be a shootout, and with McDonald declared out this week, James should see the vast majority of the PIT offensive snaps.  Seems like a no-brainer to me, but there are a couple of things that make me hesitant to pull the trigger with full confidence (I would drop Watson to grab James).  Number one, I've owned James in the past, and he always seems to follow up big games with not-so-great ones.  When you think he's a lock for a bunch of targets, it doesn't happen.  Then, six weeks later, when you're least expecting it, he has another good game.  The other thing I'm questioning is simply whether the matchup with the NE defense is a good one for James (and TE's in general).  I have yet to see anything convincing in either direction, other than that the NE LB's have been dinged up lately. 

In another league, I've managed to make the semi's (16-team league) despite streaming QB and TE all season.  Not intentionally, mind you, but as a result of drafting Luck/Palmer and getting the itchy trigger finger early on and dropping Cameron Brate AND Hunter Henry.  I've started at least a half-dozen guys at both QB and TE through 14 weeks.  Picked up Garoppalo a couple of weeks ago, after going through the likes of Brissett, Fitzpatrick, and Gabbert in November.  I added Foles this week, and I'm leaning towards starting him over Jimmy G. 

At TE, my options have been even slimmer.  After starting Ricky Seals-Jones and Stephen Anderson the last couple of weeks, I'm leaning towards Jesse James in this one as well.  it's basically a crapshoot if you don't have a top-10 guy, and I figure he has as much upside as anybody else I could grab. 

Plugged my roster into the FBG tool to see what they thought of my lineup. Says I should bench Kelce for Jamal Williams in flex in one scenario and sit Melvin Gordon for Williams in another.

Not doing either

Buddy who co-owns team with me is pondering Mike Davis over AJ Green in 0.5 ppr as Davis is facing weak rams rush D and AJ vs Rhodes. I get it in theory but pretty much told him let's not get cute. He can over think things , that's what he's doing now right?

mlbnfl said:
Buddy who co-owns team with me is pondering Mike Davis over AJ Green in 0.5 ppr as Davis is facing weak rams rush D and AJ vs Rhodes. I get it in theory but pretty much told him let's not get cute. He can over think things , that's what he's doing now right?
Yes, go with a stud like AJ

I've been going back and forth between Hyde (vs Titans) and Cooks (Steelers).  Cold and wet in Pittsburgh, vs good conditions in San Fran. Titans might be the better defense right now. 

I was tempted by this thread all week, but never posted because I ended up chickening out. My gut told me to bench Rivers for Garropolo, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger with how Rivers has played lately.  :kicksrock:

I still can't decide which 2 of Westbrook, Diggs, Evans & Kupp I will play in PPR this week. The votes have come in about a tie for Diggs, Westbrook & Evans. After Rivers laid an egg, I think I want Evans since he plays Monday, but Westbrook is the high ceiling guy. Ugh...

Have had Morris in my RB2 spot all week but now with the Fournette news I'm going Ivory instead. Not sure that qualifies as "ballsy", but it's the only real decision I have to make today besides going Cam over Brees.

I still can't decide which 2 of Westbrook, Diggs, Evans & Kupp I will play in PPR this week. The votes have come in about a tie for Diggs, Westbrook & Evans. After Rivers laid an egg, I think I want Evans since he plays Monday, but Westbrook is the high ceiling guy. Ugh...
Can anyone give me a compelling argument to go Westbrook over Diggs or Evans? I'm up 46 to 10 even with Rivers laying an egg, but I had Rivers, Hill & Det D go. Opponent only had LAC D & Riddick play. He has AB & AJG. I'm worried AB puts up 40 lol

Can anyone give me a compelling argument to go Westbrook over Diggs or Evans? I'm up 46 to 10 even with Rivers laying an egg, but I had Rivers, Hill & Det D go. Opponent only had LAC D & Riddick play. He has AB & AJG. I'm worried AB puts up 40 lol
Glad I left Westbrook on the bench

Looking over this thread,  some of you guys ballsy plays worked out.

Then again,  a few of the benchings didn't work out though, hopefully most of you got by and are moving on to the championship.

As I mentioned in my original post, I decided to most likely play BLAKE BORTLES over AARON RODGERS and thats what I ultimately did.

The way my week ended, it didn't matter as I won that particular match anyway. But in our league scoring BLAKE BORTLES put up 36.29 , and AARON RODGERS put up a similar 38.90.   I won my match by about 40, so it really didn't matter, but I still think it was a bit of a ballsy play.  I did it more for health concerns, as I didn't want to risk a crucial re-injury early that might have possibly took Rodgers out and my team in the process.

Good job to those that had the stones to fire up -----

NICK FOLES - One poster said he had a gut feeling "4 TDs and 350". Well he was close, 4 TDs and 237.

MARQUISE GOODWIN -  10 receptions for over 100 yards, a great PPR day if thats your settings, and a solid day in standard.

JIMMY GAROPPOLO -  Not gaudy stats, but serviceable.  Likely fared better than some of those guys you were scared of starting.

CASE KEENUM - Several mentioned rolling him out, he had a decent day too, and likely did better than your alternatives. (except those that played him OVER FOLES) :ph34r:

If you went with these "ballsy plays" in your scenarios, they didn't work out so well -----

DEDE WESTBROOK -  How on Earth could JAX drop all those points on HOUSTON, and Westbrook only got 2 and change.....?  I know he caught both targets, but in that points explosion, and MINUS MARQISE LEE for much of the game, thats just crazy.

RICKY SEALS-JONES -  I fell victim to this one. I started him in the "dream matchup", and he was brutal.  Granted he was targeted on a pass that Kirk Cousins ultimately had picked...... but ####.  Another bitter pill.

Dropping or benching KAREEM HUNT This one hurt.  I know a couple of you in odd scenarios may have benched him, and that was tough.  Someone I actually played against in my biggest money league benched him....and it may well cost him the week and a shot at the championship.  He has not been too good here lately, but this one hurt a bunch of owners, so don't feel alone.

I will be cranking up a new "ballsy thread" for championship week.  Look for it tomorrow, and thanks  for the participation and input guys.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread