What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What team is going rolls with Foles? (1 Viewer)

I have seriously been thinking about it. I have Brees and I'm not happy with points in the teens.

My biggest concern is Philly's opponents lead me to believe they won't have to pass as much as they have been.

I picked him up since I have Matt Ryan. He gets the saints again next week(if I even make it) and foles gets the raiders. 

Lost Wentz in a 16-teamer, got snaked for Jimmy on the WW. My options are Foles and Gabbert. Planning on rolling with Foles.

I'm holding out hope of a repeat of what happened to me in 2013: Was facing Peyton owner the week the Broncos were on bye. My QB had his bye the week before, so I deliberately held on to my replacement (ASmith) so my opponent couldn't use him against me. Instead, he was "forced" to pick up Foles vs. the Raiders ... and then this happened.

I picked him up to block the other teams from getting him but I'm either starting R. Wilson or Cam - good problem to have :)  

Jimmy G is still out there but for right now I’m rolling with Foles. It’s biased but during his big year he won me a championship so I’ve always probably thought higher of him than I should. May still roll with Jimmy G and just hold both through the weekend in hopes that I win.

Loipz said:
I picked him up since I have Matt Ryan. He gets the saints again next week(if I even make it) and foles gets the raiders. 
The same reason I picked him up.  If I make it to week 16, Dak has the Seahawks and Foles has the Raiders.

He has two great matchups on paper. I have good options this week, but not crazy about my two QBs matchups Week 16 if I advance. 

Might cut the backup TE to stash him.

i have goff, who has been steady, but on the road in seattle.  he has me a little spooked.  may go with foles.

i have goff, who has been steady, but on the road in seattle.  he has me a little spooked.  may go with foles.
Same boat. Thinking jimmy or nicky kind of leaning jimmy’s way just cause they will have to throw. 

just dropped benjamin in a PPR league for foles.  giants game log of allowing pts to QB is pretty bad.  my other option is cousins but the matchup against arizona pass d which has improved over the past 5 weeks is now scaring me. 

it really depends on how much balls you have + if you're the underdog.  foles will either blow up or be a game manager.  the raiders are bad too so you could wait until week 16 to start them.

i actually think it's a good chance for pederson to test how aggressive he can be with foles in the playoffs but having him chase points against lower level teams.

Loipz said:
Same boat my friend. Missed on getting Flacco and Ryan has been a disappointment. I could take Ryan's 9-11 points but Philly has two tasty matchups. I have to dig into Foles stats to see what to expect. Maybe some running stats?

Same boat my friend. Missed on getting Flacco and Ryan has been a disappointment. I could take Ryan's 9-11 points but Philly has two tasty matchups. I have to dig into Foles stats to see what to expect. Maybe some running stats?
Yeah Ryan has been awful these last couple weeks. I do have the option of Flacco but I don’t know if I want to trust that over the tasty Bucs matchup :loco:  It is the browns but with that D I’m afraid they’ll go up quickly and just look to run the ball. 

I'm very wary of Foles. He had a magical year in 2013, but he is proven it was a fluke in a gunslinging offense. As others have said, I don't think Pederson will want him to air the ball out - rather manage the game and use the solid stable of RBs they have, along with a strong defense against a weak opponent. I'd be surprised if he even approaches 25 passing attempts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very wary of Foles. He had a magical year in 2013, but he is proven it was a fluke in a gunslinging offense. As others have said, I don't think Pederson will want him to air the ball out - rather manage the game and use the solid stable of RBs they have, along with a strong defense against a weak opponent. I'd be surprised if he even approaches 25 passing attempts.
I don’t believe they will change from their normal approach. Need to get Foles prepared for the playoffs and having him just hand off the football doesn’t accomplish that.

I don’t believe they will change from their normal approach. Need to get Foles prepared for the playoffs and having him just hand off the football doesn’t accomplish that.
This. They really don't have to fear the Giants. They are in all out tank mode trying to preserver pick #2 for 2018. Foles can let 'er rip and if he gets picked off, odds are the Giants will lay down and punt it back so he can get some more reps.

Yes, '13 was an unbelievable year that no one would expect to be duplicated.  However, he has a career 94.1 QB rating with the Eagles, 105.9 with KC and 69.0 with Jeff Fisher's Rams.  Small sample sizes for sure, but the only negative on his career came with same coach that Goff & Keenum struggled under.  He's started 36 games with a completion % above 60 and over 7 yds/att - both stats negatively impacted by his time under Fisher.

The outlier is the year in St. Louis.

Added him...but I'll start Keenum this week...if I'm still playing next week and he does well this week, I may start him then.

Lost both Wentz and Rodgers this year ... 

I did pick up Foles, but I'm starting Bortles - and yes, I feel weird about it. 

This. They really don't have to fear the Giants. They are in all out tank mode trying to preserver pick #2 for 2018. Foles can let 'er rip and if he gets picked off, odds are the Giants will lay down and punt it back so he can get some more reps.
Well...like I said about Rogers when he got hurt...if Wentz is truly an elite QB, then the Philly offense will suffer with his loss.  If Wentz is just an average to good NFL qb, then the Philly offense won't change.  I lean towards the former (just like what we saw with the packers).

When I watch Wentz, I believe he is truly special, great escape ability, accuracy, arm strength, and "moxy".  I'm sorry, but Foles has none of those traits...sure, he had one good year, but was then benched for case keenum (when keenum wasn't good yet).  The offense will be affected by Wentz' loss...they will run the ball HEAVILY against the giants and play defense...using Wentz to take shots with play action passes. Maybe if they were playing a top offense, they would have to air it out...I just don't see it. Maybe week 16, or week 17 as he gets back in the groove.

If you lost Wentz, roll him out there, but if you're benching Brees, prescott, keenum, etc... you are taking a huge risk, with a moderate to low chance of a huge reward. 

That being said, trust your gut, good luck.  

Was either him or Flacco or Kizer, figured he has the easiest schedule and the best team around him. Plus every other ex-Jeff Fisher QB has gone on to be decent, maybe he will do the same.

I tried to pick him up this morning, but was beat by 2 minutes by the guy I am facing this week (who had Wentz and Winston).  I was not going to start him over Brady or Prescott, but was trying to block my opponent - dammit.  Have a bad feeling he is going to blow up this week against the lowly Giants.

I tried to pick him up this morning, but was beat by 2 minutes by the guy I am facing this week (who had Wentz and Winston).  I was not going to start him over Brady or Prescott, but was trying to block my opponent - dammit.  Have a bad feeling he is going to blow up this week against the lowly Giants.
Giants are terrible against the pass. Will Pederson continue to try and run his high octane offense is the question.  I thin he has to..Foles is not a rookie and has been in the system.

Wentz was my QB, I have Goff..Foles and Bortles are options....I'm going with Kennum home VS banged up Bengals.

Giants are terrible against the pass. Will Pederson continue to try and run his high octane offense is the question.  I thin he has to..Foles is not a rookie and has been in the system.
Has he? He was initially drafted by Reid, but only really got to play under Chip. I know he spent some time with the Chiefs as Smith's backup, and has obviously been with the Eagles this year.

So I guess technically he's been in the system in the sense that the terminology, etc. is familiar with him. But in terms of when he's actually played, that was almost entirely in a different system.

Has he? He was initially drafted by Reid, but only really got to play under Chip. I know he spent some time with the Chiefs as Smith's backup, and has obviously been with the Eagles this year.

So I guess technically he's been in the system in the sense that the terminology, etc. is familiar with him. But in terms of when he's actually played, that was almost entirely in a different system.
Off-season workouts, X-Season, and all year practice.   Not like brining in a QB off the street like Robert Griffin who would need to learn all the playbook and terminology.

Off-season workouts, X-Season, and all year practice.   Not like brining in a QB off the street like Robert Griffin who would need to learn all the playbook and terminology.
Yeah, that makes sense, though I think the veteran part is what's more important. Hundley had experience "in the system", but GB refused to take the training wheels off, especially in his first few games. Pederson may be a bit more conservative with Foles under center, but I doubt he limits him in the same way.

Wish I had. I’d still be alive for the LCG in my Russell Wilson league. 

I claimed him when Wentz went down but I figured Wilson would be the better bet. 

Man was I wrong. 

Where does Foles end up next season?  Going to get a nice deal regardless but a Super Bowl win will be icing.

Thinking Denver or Buffalo. Denver needs QB help and Buffalo will not commit to Tierod.   Washington is a sleeper if they let Cousins walk.  In fact I would take Foles at 10 million a year over a 25 million+ Cousins.

Users who are viewing this thread