What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver blues - the worst of both worlds (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
How many times have you put in a claim only to see your opponent snake the player you wanted?

this week for the playoffs it’s the Saints D/ST. Jackpot matchup at home vs a terrible QB.  I’ve got the Vikings at home vs the Bengals, but saints seemed like the better bet.

naturally my playoff opponent claimed them. Now I’ve got to face them. :doh:

happen to anyone else with any players this week?

How many times have you put in a claim only to see your opponent snake the player you wanted?

this week for the playoffs it’s the Saints D/ST. Jackpot matchup at home vs a terrible QB.  I’ve got the Vikings at home vs the Bengals, but saints seemed like the better bet.

naturally my playoff opponent claimed them. Now I’ve got to face them. :doh:

happen to anyone else with any players this week?
i literally just created a topic to dsicuss waiver blocking for this identical scenario... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
i literally just created a topic to dsicuss waiver blocking for this identical scenario... LOL
 Except my opponent isn’t doing it to block me. He did it to start the saunts defense 

This has nothing to do with claiming someone to block someone else 

Funny (or maybe not to you both), I'm that guy -- am on the other side of the coin, having scooped up NO D in a league where I own the Jags just to play keep away from my opponents.

This is a Yahoo league where we have reverse standing waiver priority during the regular season -- Yahoo normally switches to rolling continuous waivers in the playoffs with these leagues because standings are a non--factor in the playoffs. The team I am facing had a worse regular season schedule but was making moves like crazy to manage her first round match-up where I had a bye and made no waiver moves. 

I think she was expecting to have the higher waiver based on her lower regular season standings as she is raising a stink with the commish on why my team had a higher waiver priority and her claim for NO D was denied. All the commish could do was share the rules and remind her to check waiver priority listed on the site prior to Tues. night to verify her place.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to enjoy having the NO D go off on my bench, keeping those points away from her as I bury her team and move on to the Championship.

In my one league that doesnt do FAAB, I got the saints from the 9th spot. I was shocked. In my FAAB league Ims till alive in, I spent all my $ except for $1 to lock the saints in for sunday. 

Funny (or maybe not to you both), I'm that guy -- am on the other side of the coin, having scooped up NO D in a league where I own the Jags just to play keep away from my opponents.

This is a Yahoo league where we have reverse standing waiver priority during the regular season -- Yahoo normally switches to rolling continuous waivers in the playoffs with these leagues because standings are a non--factor in the playoffs. The team I am facing had a worse regular season schedule but was making moves like crazy to manage her first round match-up where I had a bye and made no waiver moves. 

I think she was expecting to have the higher waiver based on her lower regular season standings as she is raising a stink with the commish on why my team had a higher waiver priority and her claim for NO D was denied. All the commish could do was share the rules and remind her to check waiver priority listed on the site prior to Tues. night to verify her place.

Hopefully I'll be in a position to enjoy having the NO D go off on my bench, keeping those points away from her as I bury her team and move on to the Championship.
We'll be reading about you in the next wave of #MeToo harassment allegations!  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread