What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leonard Fournette not practicing today 12/13 (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Well, this could really suck...From Rotoworld

Leonard Fournette (quad) will not practice Wednesday.

The quad thing is a new issue for Fournette, who never seems to be 100% healthy. The rookie rebounded last week with 101 yards and a score in a home win over the Seahawks, but he'd been struggling a bit the previous month. Fournette is fighting through small nicks and bruises and ultimately should play Sunday against Houston, though it's obviously something to monitor moving forward. Remember when Fournette said the NFL was easier than college? Dec 13 - 10:40 AM

Not practicing on a Wednesday is an almost zero issue. Likely just managing reps.

This guy is made of glass
He's a rookie, averaging 23.6 touches per game - and he's missed all of one game due to injury.  Wouldn't call that made of glass.

Pretty sure that number of touches per game is 2nd in the league, after only Bell.

if he was dealing with a serious injury it would have leaked out before today... every RB has a nagging injury by this point... unless he is a DNP tomorrow I wouldnt raise the alert level and would expect a good performance sunday

if he was dealing with a serious injury it would have leaked out before today... every RB has a nagging injury by this point... unless he is a DNP tomorrow I wouldnt raise the alert level and would expect a good performance sunday
I wouldn't even worry about tomorrow. He's played being limited on a Friday this year. 

Also, he faces the most stacked boxes in the league. He's taken a beating this year. If they can actually get a QB/WR Corps that people are scared of, then he could really start to take off. Can't even imagine how good he could be if opposing teams could only put 6-7 guys in the box instead of 8-9.

Also, he faces the most stacked boxes in the league. He's taken a beating this year. If they can actually get a QB/WR Corps that people are scared of, then he could really start to take off. Can't even imagine how good he could be if opposing teams could only put 6-7 guys in the box instead of 8-9.
Allen Robinson being back next season should help with this.

If he plays, he should be a top 10 guy easily. But that's a big if right now. Bet he does a small bit Friday if he's going to play this week.

Rotoworld:

Leonard Fournette (quad) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.

Fournette has missed every practice this week, putting his status for Sunday against the Texans in real jeopardy. Perhaps the Jaguars will take precautionary measures and hold Fournette out in preparation for the playoffs. Jacksonville can beat Houston with a T.J. Yeldon/Chris Ivory backfield. Dec 15 - 11:21 AM

Source: Mike Kaye on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Leonard Fournette (quad) remained sidelined at Friday's practice.

Fournette has missed every practice this week, putting his status for Sunday against the Texans in real jeopardy. Perhaps the Jaguars will take precautionary measures and hold Fournette out in preparation for the playoffs. Jacksonville can beat Houston with a T.J. Yeldon/Chris Ivory backfield. Dec 15 - 11:21 AM

Source: Mike Kaye on Twitter
Looking a lot like he's not playing this week.  Looks like McCaffrey is my play instead.

@$%#$#$^%@#$%^

Well, one league I can play Collins, Murray or Miller in his place. In the other, it has to be Mike Davis. This sucks!

Great. :wall:

Bumps Collins up to my RB2, but is Ivory or Alfred Morris a better bet to take Collins' spot in my flex?

I was not worried at all............. until missing again today. Looks like I may need to replace him with Lee and hope for an all out Bortles aerial attack, yikes!

Texans are pretty good against the run, so if I had any decent options I wouldn't bother trying to decide between Ivory or Yeldon. 

Glad I traded A J Green earlier in the year for McCaffrey and what turned out to be the 1.3.  I actually don't feel bad at all replacing Fournette with McCaffrey.  However, I do feel bad for my fellow Shark Pool comrades that own Fournette. 

They may not be so good against the run by the 2nd half after TY Yates turns the ball over and the HOU D is exhausted from being on the field all day.

Game script should favor JAX RBs.
You may be right, but I wouldn't bet my FF playoff life on it if I have better options than Ivory and Yeldon, which isn't that hard to do.

You may be right, but I wouldn't bet my FF playoff life on it if I have better options than Ivory and Yeldon, which isn't that hard to do.
Certainly.

But for the desperate that need a flex, I believe that Ivory had 14 and 18 points in the two games LF was out. Not bad.

Ivory got 20 carries the last time Fournette was out, so I'd bet in his favor.
....and Yeldon ran all over the Cotls @ Indy (122 yards and a TD) when Fournette missed that game.  However, Ivory did have 17 carries to Yeldon's 9.  I agree that Ivory is probably the better play, but there is always risk with a RBBC, especially in the fantasy playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
....and Yeldon ran all over the Cotls @ Indy (122 yards and a TD) when Fournette missed that game.  However, Ivory did have 17 carries to Yeldon's 9.
That was the 1st game Fournette missed.

Fournette missed the next week as well against the Bengals:

Ivory: 20 carries, 71 yards. 3 Rec, 31 yards

Yeldon: 11 carries, 41 yards. 2 rec, 11 yards.

I don't love either option for Sunday if you have better ones, but it seems like Ivory is the guy. Even after Yeldon's big game Ivory got the bulk of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
:sigh:   my team is falling apart....

typical me to be honest.

Get this far and always crash and burn

Ian Rapoport reporting on Total Access Live that Fournette's injury is a quad contusion, that the Jaguars kept him out of practice as a precautionary measure and that he is genuinely questionable to play.

Users who are viewing this thread