What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd/4th Place Playoff Game (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
For my league there's obvious the 1st round of playoffs to decide who goes to the finals, but then afterwards there's a game for 3rd/4th.  My problem is I don't know what do with this game.  If someone wins they get a worse pick so no incentive to try.  I've tried making it so that the winner gets the better pick but that doesn't seem to fly with some league members.  We have a rule in place that allows for new league rules to be voted on in the offseason and I just want to bring some ideas to the table of what we should try.  

What do others do for this game that might solve the issue?  It's a fun league so money payout isn't a motivating factor as in some of my other leagues it is.  

We pay out the top 3 teams and yes, the draft order for playoff teams is round eliminated/regular season record.  So first round losers get 7 and 8 based on regular season records, semifinal losers get 9 and 10 based on regular season record, then SB loser then SB winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is how we handle it -

Championship game - winner gets 1st place money (60%), the traveling trophy with team name and year engraved and 12th pick, loser gets second place money (30%) and 11th pick

Consolation game - winner gets third place money (10% - essentially entry fee) and 10th pick, loser gets nothing and 9th pick

Cyclone Bowl - 11th place team vs 12th place team after regular season - winner gets 1st pick, loser gets 2nd pick and has to keep the Cyclone Bowl trophy for a year (with their team name and year engraved on the trophy for posterity)

Draft picks 3 and 4 go to the two teams that did not make playoffs or Cyclone Bowl - lower record gets pick 3 higher record gets pick 4

Picks 5 - 8 go to the playoff teams that lost in Round 1 based on reverse order of standing - so worst record gets pick 5, best record of the 4 gets pick 8

Users who are viewing this thread