What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Evans vs. Dede 0.5 ppr (1 Viewer)

Who would you start Mike Evans or Dede Westbrook

• Mike Evans

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Dede Wesbrook

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

uptownsaintsfan

Footballguy
I'm in a 0.5 PPR playoff match where i'm projected to lose by 10 right now.  I have to decide between Mike Evans and Dede Westbrook.  This was actually discussed in On the Couch this week, but basically, it sounds like a tossup.

I understand Westbrook has had more targets and success recently and faces Houston who struggles with speed receivers.  However Evans is Evans, and there could be a shootout with the Falcons and he might have a higher ceiling.  Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!

I think you have to go Evans here. If there’s a week he could get back on track, it’s here against the Falcons. I’m not super confident about it, but he has too much potential to be sitting on your bench in the semis. 

Monday night football. Big players play big under the lights. You’d feel pretty dumb getting knocked out of the playoffs with your #1 pick on the bench. 

I'd go Evans as well. Its also possible that between Fournette and the defense, that Westbrook isn't needed to do much for the Jags this week.

Thanks to everyone for the help!  While it seems like the nerd in me wants to go westbrook, i think it would be too rough to bench evans.  So i'm going with him.  I really appreciate all the responses!

Not only would I play Westbrook, I would drop Evans and hope the guy I was playing against this week or next picks him up and plays him against me.  I actually made this exact call last week and it paid off big time. Dropping Evans was the most refreshing thing I had done all year.  Don't be fooled by where you drafted him or what he was last year.  Evans has done nothing this year, hasn't had a TD since week 7, and has not gone over 100 yards a single time.  The only difference between Mike Evans for the first 14 weeks and this week, is this week and next is actually a bad match up for him.  Cut the chord brother so you are no longer tempted.   It's not in the cards for Evans this year, play him at your own peril, but I would just go with the hot hand with the better match up, higher floor, and higher ceiling in Westbrook. 

Users who are viewing this thread