What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Landon Collins - Active week 15? (1 Viewer)

J Giles Band

Footballguy
Looking for some last minute help/thoughts from the IDP community here. Landon Collins was listed doubtful by the Giants on Friday but is NOT on the inactive list today (as far as I can tell). Anyone know the situation?

Feel like you have to play the guy if he is healthy and starting, but my concern is he may be hobbled or be active as an emergency option, etc. This is not a start/sit question as much as it is what do you guys think or know about the situation.

Any thoughts are welcome!

Ditto

Anyone else with a feel if he is playing a normal compliment of snaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Karl Joseph, who is a good back up plan... but I find it hard to bench the #1 scoring DB if he is starting. Think I'm rolling with him. Article I just read says Collins is starting and Eli Apple will play today. And that Collins fought to be in the lineup against the coaches wishes.

Giants SS Landon Collins is done for the day in Week 15 after aggravating his ankle injury.

Well, I gambled and lost on this one... only 1 assist.  :kicksrock:

Sorry I never saw this thread earlier. He had an ankle ?? inj earlier in the season and even though he played, did squat. Gave an interview after that game and stated that he held back and was not going to stick his nose in and risk further injury. Buisness decision. I won't start him again when questionable.  Sat him for Poyer and Davis

Sorry I never saw this thread earlier. He had an ankle ?? inj earlier in the season and even though he played, did squat. Gave an interview after that game and stated that he held back and was not going to stick his nose in and risk further injury. Buisness decision. I won't start him again when questionable.  Sat him for Poyer and Davis
He only had one game where he didn't put up at least 6 combined tackles and that was right after the game he was injured.  In that game he had no tackles but did have an interception to salvage his IDP value.  Other than that he was the most consistent DB by far.  This last week was his only game that was a dud and it's because he went out in the 2nd quarter after a re-injury.

K, I'm in a tackle heavy league where you get a 3pt bonus for 5 solo tackles.  1 Int is a dud game for me. I expect, and have been getting 15/20pts per game

eta: He has an avg of 19pts/game without those 2 games included.

Can't expect 15-20 points when the guy is playing on a high ankle sprain... no matter the scoring system.

Collins is the best fantasy DB when healthy. I took an ill-advised chance on him yesterday and paid for the risk I took. Will likely hold him out next week unless he is close to full health. But at 90% he's gonna outscore most DB's.

As someone who took a risk on Collins and was burned last week, I'm not inclined to risk him again this week. But he did get in a limited practice Friday.

Interested in hearing news/information and thoughts from others.  :popcorn:

As someone who took a risk on Collins and was burned last week, I'm not inclined to risk him again this week. But he did get in a limited practice Friday.

Interested in hearing news/information and thoughts from others.  :popcorn:
I think you start Collins if your other options are junk, but if you have a decent DB on your bench, I'd go that route.  Too much risk of limited playing time on a team that isn't playing for anything.

Well, Davis and Poyer are both top-10 safeties...that's a no brainer.

In my leagues neither have been on the wire for weeks...my wire consists of Jeff Heath, Byron Jones and Andrew Sendejo types...in which case I'd consider gambling on Collins if I felt like I needed upside/longshot to win.  Those guys are definitions of "floor players."

In my leagues neither have been on the wire for weeks...my wire consists of Jeff Heath, Byron Jones and Andrew Sendejo types...in which case I'd consider gambling on Collins if I felt like I needed upside/longshot to win.  Those guys are definitions of "floor players."
I think Sendejo has a solid game this week and wouldn't have an issue starting him over a questionable collins

Ya, I put a high priority on my LBs and DBs. I see that Collins isn't even listed on MyFBG now. Went to see who was available for waivers

Collins active again this week.  :unsure:

Can't bring myself to start him again after last week. Gonna roll with Karl Joseph instead. Fingers crossed.

For the rest of the Collins owners out there - this means Collins will go 11-2-1 today... you have been warned.

Users who are viewing this thread