What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GET BALLSY~!...CHAMPIONSHIP/FINALS WEEK (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Here it is. The finals. All season long it comes down to this last game.

Many of us now find ourselves in CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK~! We thought and researched all offseason. We listened to the podcasts, we watched the preseason, we made strong waiver moves all season long, made trades, gambled and for some of us  and its come down to the fantasy playoffs. 

Hopefully you won last week, and made it here.

Last week's version of this thread is right here ------------>  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763588-get-ballsysemi-finals-week-version/

Now is the time where you just "play your studs" and hope. NOT SO FAST.

Now is where the "game within a game" moves happen, and the real sharks come to the forefront. Its these "game within a game" plays, and scenarios that I find just as interesting as common fantasy plays, if not more interesting.

Its time to empty the clip.  Do everything you can to try for the high upside play, IF YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION WARRANTS IT. Rest assured, many of you out there find yourselves up against stacked teams. Teams loaded with talent.   This is the time where you make the bold "Hail Mary Play", (when the situation warrants it) in an effort to beat what looks to be a superior team. Sometimes you make a longshot play, in hopes for a huge return.

Call your shot. If your ballsy play pays off, you outed it here first.  I am putting this up early Tuesday morning, so I haven't had the chance to see exactly what I need to do, but one that has appeared is a tight end play.

In particular for me, I lost Antonio Brown, in 2/3 of my leagues where I am entering the finals.  :wall: I am down my best player, and one matchup I am a substantial underdog. (you know, the 15-20 point breed of underdog)   I do have Ben Roethlisberger as my QB against the terrible Houston Texans.  With Antonio Brown out, I am rolling out JESSE JAMES in a great matchup with Houston.  There are 1-2 other guys I have to choose from, but this is a gamble I am going to have to take, and hope for a TD or two from Ben to Jesse James.

I have also found myself in the unenviable position of not only being down my best player in Brown, but the only backup WR I had was AMARI COOPER in one league, and something else similar in another. I'm rolling out KEELAN COLE currently, but I am looking into some true longshots, in case I have to go in another direction. More on those later.

Who ya got?   What are your scenarios......?

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Closest thing I have to a ballsy (which is not ballsy as much as necessary) is Martavis Bryant enters the lineup for championship week (thanks for a great season AB but can't start your zero).

Closest thing I have to a ballsy (which is not ballsy as much as necessary) is Martavis Bryant enters the lineup for championship week (thanks for a great season AB but can't start your zero).
I have Great WR depth - Bryant might get the start

I had a sneaky pickup of Rodgers but it looks like he won't be playing this week so I guess it's Dak for me. Not sure it's ballsy but its all I got.  I need Fournette back badly

I have Great WR depth - Bryant might get the start

I had a sneaky pickup of Rodgers but it looks like he won't be playing this week so I guess it's Dak for me. Not sure it's ballsy but its all I got.  I need Fournette back badly
Same situation with Rodgers. Even if he does play, he'll probably have a quick hook, so I feel like I can't trust him no matter what.

Luckily Bortles made me feel a little more confident with last week's performance.

I need Fournette back or I get ballsy with Mike Davis. With ADams likely out, I'm rolling Juju out in his place which then forces me to start Kupp, K. Benjamin, E. Sanders or J. Cook @ flex.

In my other league, I may roll D. Westbrook out over Diggs, Kupp & Evans.

Pretty sure I'm starting Bryant over Funches. Leaning towards Keelan Cole over D Thomas.

Same with Rodgers. Rolling out Keenum. 

Also, Josh Gordon will likely get the start on my team. I love his QB situation. 

Just kidding. But he probably will get the start at flex. 

All year I subscribe to having set starters and playing regardless of matchup. But this week is tough. 

Debating Wallace over Funchess at WR2 (more due to Funch health; he came out in the game last week)

And Dion over CMC at flex. With no Rex, Dion becomes really enticing play. Tough to bench CMC whose floor this year in .5ppr return league has been 7 

Best I have for ballsy is my last flex spot...have been rolling out Mike Davis for a decent floor but game script has wrecked that. Need to decide between him, Mixon if he comes back, tyrell Williams or Paul Richardson.

Have Davis in right now yet and probably leave him in but could go upside with tyrell with Allen banged up a little bit (also have Allen so would protect me if he does leave the game)

Foles over Dak and Rodgers!

And I HATE the eagles which makes me want to do this even more.  Nothing more ironic than winning the 'ship with my most hated team's QB!  Dak scares me.  With Zeke back I am less scared but still nervous.  

Considering benching Hyde for Kerwynn too.

Super lame but Im looking for room to start larry Fitz in my championship game (I've had him forever, soft spot, more lame reasons, etc.) Id have to bench someone like Mike Evans or Jarvis Landry to play him though..... 

I'm having WRs issues with D. Adams likely out and Goodwin facing Jax D.  I might have to start both Westbrook and Cole as my WR2 and WR3.  Lost Burkhead too and will probably put in McKinnon.

I lost AB so I have M Jones, Cooks and Hilton rostered with Cole, Wallace and or M Bryant available on the wire but not sure if they are better plays over Cooks and Jones. 

Wilson at Cowboys ..... that's a toss up. With no running game, RWilson has to throw/run ..... but OAK is good against the run too so Philly has to throw ....

I'd lean Foles yes, because he had a great last game, he's got the weapons maybe more so than RWilson has.

lost AB, have AJG, M jones, Demaryius, Sanders, Dede.

Thinking of rolling out the rook over Demaryius, but certainly worried about relying on Bortles in a title game.

Foles over Dak and Rodgers!

And I HATE the eagles which makes me want to do this even more.  Nothing more ironic than winning the 'ship with my most hated team's QB!  Dak scares me.  With Zeke back I am less scared but still nervous.  

Considering benching Hyde for Kerwynn too.
remember if vikings lose Eagles clinch and they may sit there starters half way through next game 

I doubt that happens - Foles has one game ..... he needs to play and keep a groove going. JMO .... I don't know how that PHI staff handles things like that.

remember if vikings lose Eagles clinch and they may sit there starters half way through next game 
Fair word of caution, although I have no reason to believe the Eagles will sit Foles for any substantial portion of the game.  They want him firing on all cylinders and getting his timing down with his receivers prior to a playoff run.  The good news for Foles owners is that the Vikings play Saturday, so we will know early if the Eagles have clinched.

Fair word of caution, although I have no reason to believe the Eagles will sit Foles for any substantial portion of the game.  They want him firing on all cylinders and getting his timing down with his receivers prior to a playoff run.  The good news for Foles owners is that the Vikings play Saturday, so we will know early if the Eagles have clinched.
yep but if you have Keenum and Foles and are trying to decide between them , thats a tough choice .. Keenum plays in single digit temperatures and foles may clinch .. tuff choices  

yep but if you have Keenum and Foles and are trying to decide between them , thats a tough choice .. Keenum plays in single digit temperatures and foles may clinch .. tuff choices  
I probably shouldn't have, but I just looked at the forecast for Philthadelphia on Monday night. Not that cold and no precip but it does look to be on the windy side (per weather dot com, gusty 20-30mph from the west during the day decreasing to 10-15 at night). 10-15mph I dont think bothers 'em too much but when it starts getting upwards of 20mph it can. Lots of time between now and then so I wouldn't sweat it much at this point. Might be something to keep an eye on, though.

This is about as ballsy as a Week 16 championship game start can get seeing how the guy currently boasts a projection of 0 points over on Yahoo! despite logging two consecutive starts, a rapidly increasing snap count, having caught 2 TDs last weekend, has the #1 ranked QB of the week throwing to him and an opposition defense that can't stop anyone... provided that Matt Ryan isn't throwing to them.

I'm giving serious thought to trotting out Damiere Byrd in BOTH of my fantasy league championship games.

penny for your thoughts? 

Elijhaaaaaa Penny, that is - Kerwyn with wonky ribs and a similar quad issue that clocked Fournette last week ... Penny was already the GL back prior to (not that it mattered for much, as Cards haven't scored a TD in 2 weeks)  :unsure:

but he did 10/45 in relief of KW last week, and now gets the Giants at home - BA gives his lead dog volume, no questioning that (Williams was averaging close to 20 totes per game since the AP neck incident).

shades of Hightower/Gado/Goings/etc?

:2cents:

My opponent has Legatron. I'm hoping/praying that his lineup is set for the week and he's so confident he doesn't check it before 1pm on Sunday. I know the odds are slim, but I have to hold out hope since he's winning by 12 in the 2 week playoff, any advantage helps!

Bill Barnwell has done contests in past years where he asks people to send him screenshots of total glory-play QBs (I'm talking the likes of Thad Lewis) in their fantasy championships. I guess the best options this year would be Trubisky or Yates, but how about this for the ultimate glory play: Davis Webb.

Yes, he's almost definitely not getting the start, so you'd not only be risking him being terrible in his first NFL game, you can't even be sure he'll get on the field. No guts, no glory.

What do you think, @Hot Sauce Guy? Would you be willing to offer a free bottle to anyone who can produce a screencap of Webb as the starting QB in their championship-winning lineup? (Single QB only, no wussing out with 2 QB/superflex crap).

What do you think, @Hot Sauce Guy? Would you be willing to offer a free bottle to anyone who can produce a screencap of Webb as the starting QB in their championship-winning lineup? (Single QB only, no wussing out with 2 QB/superflex crap).
Probably not, no.

:lol:  

For one, i have trust issues with screen caps, since photoshop is a thing. 

For another, “championship-winning” is not nearly specific enough for a contest for me. League size, opponent’s roster, their own roster - these factors all come into play. 

For example, In an 8-Team free league playing with your friend’s sister’s 8th grade Girl Scout troop where “Team A” has Bell/Gurley and Hunt at Flex, with a WR corps of Julio/Allen/Hopkins, Gronk at TE & Ravens D/ST, vs “Team B” consisting of Gabbart at QB, Perine/Abdullah & Riddick at Flex, with a WR corps of Funchess/Hilton/Kupp, Brate af TE & Browns D/ST, it probably wouldn’t matter who the QB is for Team A, amirite?

Fun thought, but not really my kinda contest. ;)  

Probably not, no.

:lol:  

For one, i have trust issues with screen caps, since photoshop is a thing. 

For another, “championship-winning” is not nearly specific enough for a contest for me. League size, opponent’s roster, their own roster - these factors all come into play. 

For example, In an 8-Team free league playing with your friend’s sister’s 8th grade Girl Scout troop where “Team A” has Bell/Gurley and Hunt at Flex, with a WR corps of Julio/Allen/Hopkins, Gronk at TE & Ravens D/ST, vs “Team B” consisting of Gabbart at QB, Perine/Abdullah & Riddick at Flex, with a WR corps of Funchess/Hilton/Kupp, Brate af TE & Browns D/ST, it probably wouldn’t matter who the QB is for Team A, amirite?

Fun thought, but not really my kinda contest. ;)  
Fair enough. OK, then how about this? All winning entrants will be entitled to a Hearty Congratulations from yours truly.  :lol:  

I lost AB so I have M Jones, Cooks and Hilton rostered with Cole, Wallace and or M Bryant available on the wire but not sure if they are better plays over Cooks and Jones. 
picked up Bryant and considering starting him over Cooks.  I think they have a similar floor this week but if I had to bet on one of the two to get a TD or getting lucky and having one of them go off I think I would bet on Bryant.     Cooks' targets have been remarkably consistent this year except for against... yep Buffalo -   3 targets last time.   Those last two division games vs. BUF and MIA have me freaked out bout starting him.   And Bryant is in a dome this week.   

Users who are viewing this thread