Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightsGuru

Ruben Foster

15 posts in this topic

Is it me or has Rueben Foster slowed down a little..  No splash plays and he hasnt topped 10 tackles in 4 weeks now 

That depends on the scoring system... but he's been pretty steady in a tackle heavy league, albeit not spectacular.

Edited by J Giles Band

16.5 PPG in my league since he got back...Bobby Wagner is #1 during that time at 17.9.

Pretty damn solid

1 person likes this

Just terrible.

49ers LB Reuben Foster was arrested for marijuana possession in Tuscaloosa (AL) on Friday.

5 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Just terrible.

49ers LB Reuben Foster was arrested for marijuana possession in Tuscaloosa (AL) on Friday.

Yup, that's a four game suspension right there I would think (he's already in the programme with a diluted sample from the combine)

That's not how it works.  This would fall under the Personal Conduct Policy.  PCP violations involving drugs can enter the player into the Substance Abuse Program (Bell's arrest/DUI did) but once in the Program it won't advance him like a positive (or missed) test would.  That's why Gordon was tested right when he got off the plane after the alcohol pic he posted.  If he's suspended it would be under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Also, once a player is in the SA Program, for marijuana violations there is a series of fines before the player is suspended - 2 game fine, 4 game fine, then 4 game suspension.  So unless there are other violations we don't know about (which there could be, the league doesn't disclose those fines) he may not be suspended for a Policy violation.

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

That's not how it works.  This would fall under the Personal Conduct Policy.  PCP violations involving drugs can enter the player into the Substance Abuse Program (Bell's arrest/DUI did) but once in the Program it won't advance him like a positive (or missed) test would.  That's why Gordon was tested right when he got off the plane after the alcohol pic he posted.  If he's suspended it would be under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Also, once a player is in the SA Program, for marijuana violations there is a series of fines before the player is suspended - 2 game fine, 4 game fine, then 4 game suspension.  So unless there are other violations we don't know about (which there could be, the league doesn't disclose those fines) he may not be suspended for a Policy violation.

Of course, this arrest might trigger a test which he might well fail now, too.  Dramatic increase in risk in addition to the pcp.

Fair point, but again even if it does and he fails he may only be in the fine stage.  To me the much bigger risk is that he clearly doesn't have his priorities straight and the strength to just put it down.  I don't trust for one moment this is the last we'll hear of this and I am in full on sell mode in all leagues with him.  I'm not at panic mode/sell low, but if I can get 90% value out of him I'm moving on.

2 people like this

49ers MLB Reuben Foster gets arrested again

49ers MLB Reuben Foster was arrested Sunday morning in Santa Clara (CA) on charges "related to domestic violence," and for possessing an assault rifle.

He's being held on $75,000 bail, $50,000 for domestic violence and $25,000 for the assault weapon. It's Foster's second arrest in the last month; he was popped for marijuana possession in Alabama on January 12.

10 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

49ers MLB Reuben Foster gets arrested again

49ers MLB Reuben Foster was arrested Sunday morning in Santa Clara (CA) on charges "related to domestic violence," and for possessing an assault rifle.

He's being held on $75,000 bail, $50,000 for domestic violence and $25,000 for the assault weapon. It's Foster's second arrest in the last month; he was popped for marijuana possession in Alabama on January 12.

Ugh. 

Such a waste of talent. Dude better get his life in order real quick. Innocent until proven guilty should apply but he's losing benefit of the doubt.