What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WDIS at QB: Keenum, Foles or A. Smith? (1 Viewer)

Which QB

• Case Keenum (@GB)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Nick Foles (vs. Oak)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Smith (vs. Mia)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

socrates

Footballguy
Which QB should I start for the Championship game?

Case Keenum (@GB):  Keenum has been one of the hottest and most consistent fantasy QBs in the league, and he faces a Green Bay defense which struggled against Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers last week.  Green Bay has been eliminated from post-season play, but this is a rivalry game, and I don't expect them to roll over.  Minnesota has won the Division, but they continue to pursue Philly for home field advantage.  When the two teams faced off in Week 6, Keenum had a quiet game (24 of 38 for 239, a TD and a pick), but since the Vikings' Week 9 bye, he has been a top play.  Keenum could come out fired up by his Pro Bowl snub, but there is also the potential that the Vikings take command early and then take a more conservative approach to the game or even rest some ailing players, and perhaps even get Bridgewater some more reps.

Nick Foles (vs. Oak):  Foles made a strong debut for the Eagles last week at the Giants, and this week he plays at home vs. the Raiders.  However, I don't think Oakland is quite the cupcake others have been making them out to be.  Over the last 4 weeks, in fact, they have been one of the stingiest defenses (if not the stingiest) to opposing fantasy QBs.  The Vikings are still pushing the Eagles for the top playoff seed (Min plays Saturday).  Assuming Minnesota wins, there is no reason to expect the Eagles to take their foot off the accelerator.  The team would like to see Foles continue to develop his timing with his receivers and stay hot as he tries to fill the void left by Carson Wentz.  I am a bit concerned that Foles regresses some (perhaps even more than some) this week, but his ceiling is admittedly high.

Alex Smith (vs. Mia):  Smith has been my starter most of the season.  While Smith and the Chiefs have warmed back up some in recent weeks after the team went on a mid-season slide, aside from his big Week #13 game against the Jets, Smith has been merely serviceable as a fantasy starter.  The Chiefs still need a win (or a Chargers loss) to win the AFC West, and they need to continue to reclaim their offense, so it seems unlikely we will see Andy Reid rest any key starters.  Like Keenum, Smith got overlooked for the Pro Bowl, so he could come out firing.  Smith seems a conservative choice here, as he is not prone to turnovers, but his ceiling may not be as high as my other two choices.

My opponent is favored in the Championship Game, so I am leaning toward Keenum here.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I'd say Smith by a good margin. Weather is gonna be awful in Green bay, and Smith has been great almost all year.

Users who are viewing this thread