What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need to play 3 out of these five - Championship game (1 Viewer)

allgar

Footballguy
Standard scoring - 10pt per yard rushing/receiving - 6pt touchdowns

My roster: Keenum, L. Bell, M. Ingram, E. Engram, Baltimore (will need two WRs and one Flex... and kicker to round out squad)

Competitors roster: R. Wilson, Funchess, JuJu, M. Gordon, K. Hunt, G. Olsen, L. Fournette, C. Boswell and Jacksonville

As you can see, competitors squad is pretty tight, so I just don't know if I need to be looking for ceilings or solid floors.

I need two WRs and a Flex from this bunch: M. Crabtree, M. Evans, S. Sheppard, Martavis Bryant, Jay Ajayi 

I'm leaning towards Ajayi as a lock for the flex, but I'm also still concerned about his workload.

For WRs I'm leaning towards Crabtree and Evans... but I still believe Bryant has a shot this week to put up monster numbers against Houston. Houston seems to have trouble with speed guys and they also seem to really struggle with #2 and #3 WRs. Given JuJu goes into the game as a clear #1, that makes Bryant the #2 and he's always a deep threat? Sterling Sheppard also looks like he could have a great game playing out of the slot against an Arizona defense who has really struggled against WRs coming out of the slot... but is it too risky that they might shadow Sheppard with Peterson?

So the question is - do I need the potential ceilings from Bryant or Sheppard? or do Evans and Crabtree look just as good? Should I just start three WRs? 

So pick three of these guys for me, let me know your thoughts. Crabtree, Evans, Sheppard, Bryant, Ajayi

Bonus question - I was the sad loser of G. Zeuerlein for my finals, and now have to choose between his replacement Ficken and P. Dawson (Arz). Ficken looks like he'd get the same opportunities afforded to Zeuerlein all year, but it will be his first NFL game. By my research he can kick 50+ yarders. Phil Dawson has been on fire down the stretch and will be facing a Giants defense who continues to struggle. Currently I'm leaning towards Ficken because it is my feeling that kicker points come from opportunity and there is no reason to suspect that the Rams won't continue to provide that opportunity.

Your comments are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Crabtree and Evans.  Non-PPR, I would go with Ajayi at flex.

At PK, I don't trust Ficken.  I would go Dawson.

I had an opportunity to pick Sheppard but I didn't.  Yes, the Cardinals gave up some yards last week but I think research shows this has only happened three times this season.  Personally, I would not count on Sheppard.  Crabtree/Evans... I like.  Bryant with that terrible Texas D is hard to overlook though.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread