What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about weather for those who follow the Ravens closely (1 Viewer)

Brisco54

Footballguy
The weather prediction for tomorrow in Baltimore is 80% chance of rain and 15 mph winds.  (15 MPH is not huge but it is higher than normal)  Not to mention a low of 34 degrees.  Cold rain sucks.

Can anyone tell me how the cold rain and/or wind has affected Flacco, Tucker, and Alex Collins in the past?  (You probably don't have much on Collins, but might have a few years of data on the other two.)  I know Tucker is money when he kicks, but maybe he gets less opportunities when it rains?  Any linkage

Thanks in advance,

Brisco 

I think bad weather favors the offense because they know where they want to go and the defense has to react.  However, it favors the defense with regards to turnovers.

The forecast is for around 60 with a few showers and winds 10-14 mph by game time. The offenses shouldn't be impacted.

i remember there were some indepth footballguys articles on weather.

i can't find it right now.

iirc:

• in general, cold doesn't impact the offense unless it gets REALLY cold, like below 10F to 20F. then there's a dip across the board and especially in the passing game.
  • rain, i can't remember but i think it was similar to temperature in that it's not an issue until it's HEAVY rain.
  • wind is problematic and directly correlated well w reduced offensive output. but i can't remember where the cutoff was but once it starts to get real "gusty" you can start to downgrade guys.

all these are just factors, like sliding a guy down a few spots in your rankings or as a tiebreaker. but unless there's monsoon like weather, then don't do anything drastic with your lineup.  

i might be totally wrong about these but i read that article at least 5 years ago and those are the principles that have stuck with me since.

(please correct me if you remember the article.)

Users who are viewing this thread