What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I can't believe I'm starting (insert name here) for the championship (1 Viewer)

Kapri Bibbs and maybe Nick Foles

These are the types of guys that win championships.  Billy Volek reincarnated

I have a collection of RB/Flex dart throws.

Gallman, M. Davis, Barber, Bibbs, Penny

I think I'm leaning Bibbs if Perine is out, if not probably Gallman.

My gut tells me to also play one of these instead of Hyde vs the Jags but don't think I can do that

I never would have expected to be confident in Case Keenum at the start of the season over Winston. 

As it is, he's my QB. 

Robert Woods and maybe Gordon... Thought I was set at WR with Beckham, Evans, Dez, Richardson, and Parker. Deciding between Dez and Gordon. 

Always an interesting topic, and every year we have a similar thread, or close.

League #1 - BLAKE BORTLES AT QB....... and to a lesser extent  LARRY FITZGERALD over AJ GREEN

League #2 - BEN ROETHLISBERGER AT QB (swore him off years ago, but injuries were nasty)....... RB2 ALEX COLLINS,  JESSE JAMES AT TE....... AND STERLING SHEPARD AND KEELAN COLE as my wr2 and wr3 respectively.   (lost Antonio Brown)

League #3 - My biggest league.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER....... RB1 KENYAN DRAKE....... RB2 ALEX COLLINS ........ TE JESSE JAMES  (and what is likely one of the worst starting 3 wide receiver sets ever to make the playoffs)  WR1 - BRANDIN COOKS , WR2 - STERLING SHEPARD , WR3- KEELAN COLE.

Hell, my biggest league team is a mere shell of what I drafted. In fact, of all those above, the ONLY one I  drafted was BRANDIN COOKS.  Its been a scramble in that league for sure. Lucky to even be in with a shot really.......... made a money deal, but fully expect to lose that one. I really need Collins to have a monster day to have any chance in 2 of the finals.

Kinda shocked we haven't seen more ANTONIO GATES references in this thread to be honest. 

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
 At the start of the year never thought I would be starting robert woods over demaryius thomas yet here I am.

Also starting Mike Davis at rb.

At the beginning of the year I never thought I would be starting Alex Collins and Kenyan Drake (each in a different league) if I made it to the championship game.

Ezekiel Elliot

Someone dropped him a few weeks ago. Pairing him with LeVeon Bell and Alvin Kamara.

I like my chances

At the beginning of the year I never thought I would be starting Alex Collins and Kenyan Drake (each in a different league) if I made it to the championship game.

See my post above.

I have BOTH DRAKE AND COLLINS going in one league.

And COLLINS going in another.

Good luck.

TZM

With AB out. Starting Kendall Wright and Tyrell Williams as my WRs along with Keenan Allen. Gulp.... I'll be happy with 8-10 points from both

At the beginning of the year, i'd have been happy starting this guy in the championship, now I'm terrified, but thanks to injuries to Brown and Lee, I can't believe I'm starting a banged up Amari Cooper.

Due to injuries - my once dominant team will roll out Greg Olsen at Flex (over Jonathan Stewart or one of the chumps listed below).  

And at Wr with the loss of AB I will have 2 of these superstars - Funchess, Martavis Bryant, Goodwin or Westbrook.

Sad, this team was loaded all year - but a critical injury to AB has had a huge impact on who to start at WR and flex.

I can't believe I am starting my deep deep sleeper pick for Sunday  in a  PPR league.  Adam Humphries - TB.

I lost Adams and Brown last week and the pickings are slim in this league.

I know Godwin is starting with Jackson out but TB uses a lot of 3 WR sets and Humphries will see more time on the field with Jackson out too. The last time Jackson missed Winston was out too so you can't look too much into that game.

The Bucs are really airing it out right now and Panthers pass defense has been exposed lately. Still with the Panthers focusing a lot on Evans I think we are going to see a ton of passes to Humphries today. Humphries is coming off his best game in a while(scored TD) and I think the Bucs will have to pass a lot in this one and I think Humphries is Winston's safety blanket right now especially with the TE's banged up.

I really expect Humphries to get 8-10 targets today and probably end up with a line of something like 8 catches for 66 yards and maybe a TD. Not great numbers but pretty good PPR numbers. Keep in mind in week 17 last season against the Panthers, Humphries had 10 catches on 13 targets and 94 yards. I am getting a feeling of deja vu heading into this matchup. At least I am hoping.

Rode Antonio Brown and Jarvis Landry to the championship game, with Emmanuel Sanders or DeSean Jackson typically filling my WR3 slot.

Outscored the field by about 150 on the year, but I'm a 20 point underdog this week featuring Keelan Cole and Danny Amendola.

I can't believe I am starting my deep deep sleeper pick for Sunday  in a  PPR league.  Adam Humphries - TB.

I lost Adams and Brown last week and the pickings are slim in this league.

I know Godwin is starting with Jackson out but TB uses a lot of 3 WR sets and Humphries will see more time on the field with Jackson out too. The last time Jackson missed Winston was out too so you can't look too much into that game.

The Bucs are really airing it out right now and Panthers pass defense has been exposed lately. Still with the Panthers focusing a lot on Evans I think we are going to see a ton of passes to Humphries today. Humphries is coming off his best game in a while(scored TD) and I think the Bucs will have to pass a lot in this one and I think Humphries is Winston's safety blanket right now especially with the TE's banged up.

I really expect Humphries to get 8-10 targets today and probably end up with a line of something like 8 catches for 66 yards and maybe a TD. Not great numbers but pretty good PPR numbers. Keep in mind in week 17 last season against the Panthers, Humphries had 10 catches on 13 targets and 94 yards. I am getting a feeling of deja vu heading into this matchup. At least I am hoping.
NICE

I'm 50/50 on starting Foles over Brady. Brady still in but might hit the button to switch them out.
I'm facing the same dilemma. I feel like either or both could blow up. Brady is safer but Foles might actually have the bigger upside.

If I find out that Samaje Perine is OUT in the Redskins game vs. Denver, I will roll out KAPRI BIBBS over Kenyan Drake in one particular matchup.  I am roughly a 30 point underdog there, with 2 of my players already done. (I may flex Bibbs into a ppr lineup as well, if Perine is out)

TZM

Ok, updating my response to “Kerwynn Williams” since it appears he’s going to play.

I figure I need 10+ points from him as my RB2. Giants are butter soft vs the run lately. Hopefully JPP takes the week off and the Giants remember they suck this week (“oh no, we suck again!”)

If I find out that Samaje Perine is OUT in the Redskins game vs. Denver, I will roll out KAPRI BIBBS over Kenyan Drake in one particular matchup.  I am roughly a 30 point underdog there, with 2 of my players already done. (I may flex Bibbs into a ppr lineup as well, if Perine is out)

TZM
If Perine is OUT, I’m going to be awfully tempted to start Bibbs. He sounded like he had an axe to grind against his former team. 

Gah. This has been buggin me all week.

Per rotowrong - Update for everyone considering Bibbs:

Samaje Perine (questionable, groin) will be a game-time decision for Week 16 against the Broncos.

He hurt his groin on Thursday and didn't practice the rest of the week. With the Redskins eliminated, there's little reason for Perine to risk further injury in a relatively meaningless game. Even if Perine miraculously gets the green light, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said to "expect a lot" of Kapri Bibbs on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread