Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Calvin Ridley, Falcons

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Elevencents said:

Eh one game does not make a WR1. And this was the Saints D. 

I don't own him any where, but after the last 2 games he shouldn't leave your flex spot at worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the MFL fantasy sharks, they suggested suggested benching him in every one of my leagues I have Ridley (4) except one. The three they suggested were Tyler Boyd, Ian Thomas, and Josh Doctson.  I ignored them in every one of my leagues I own Ridley, but Boyd had a great game also.  I suspect they will play a different tune next week when comparing questionable starts like Doctson vs Ridley or Ian Thomas vs Ridley.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's been on field for 60% of snaps... sanu 80% first three games....any chance those numbers flip going forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamkoza said:

he's been on field for 60% of snaps... sanu 80% first three games....any chance those numbers flip going forward?

If he keeps producing at the pace that he has been, absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridley still not getting too much "respect" in the rankings. Folks say sell high, he had his best game of the year; don't chase points.

What if he really is that good and continues to post quality numbers? Matty Ice is playing well, as well as, the entire Atlanta team. When Freeman returns the team has so much diversity. Julio is the guy, which opens everyone else up. What's not to like? I'm starting both Ridley and Boyd (in the flex) this week with Cooks already in the books in one league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, iamkoza said:

he's been on field for 60% of snaps... sanu 80% first three games....any chance those numbers flip going forward?

Interesting note from Evan Silva. The Saints actually moved Lattimore onto Ridley part of the way through the game last week. It seems like the Saints recognized how tough of a cover he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Ridley still not getting too much "respect" in the rankings. Folks say sell high, he had his best game of the year; don't chase points.

What if he really is that good and continues to post quality numbers? Matty Ice is playing well, as well as, the entire Atlanta team. When Freeman returns the team has so much diversity. Julio is the guy, which opens everyone else up. What's not to like? I'm starting both Ridley and Boyd (in the flex) this week with Cooks already in the books in one league.

I am doing the exact same thing, also with Cooks already in the books.

The talent and the opportunity and the surrounding pieces are all there for both guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Ridley still not getting too much "respect" in the rankings. Folks say sell high, he had his best game of the year; don't chase points.

What if he really is that good and continues to post quality numbers? Matty Ice is playing well, as well as, the entire Atlanta team. When Freeman returns the team has so much diversity. Julio is the guy, which opens everyone else up. What's not to like? I'm starting both Ridley and Boyd (in the flex) this week with Cooks already in the books in one league.

It's tough because there are so about 25 low end WR2, high end WR3s right now. How does one separate Ridley, Boyd, Godwin, Lions WRs, John Brown, the Rams WRs, Sammy, Stills, Desean Jackson, Mike Williams and on and on and on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

It's tough because there are so about 25 low end WR2, high end WR3s right now. How does one separate Ridley, Boyd, Godwin, Lions WRs, John Brown, the Rams WRs, Sammy, Stills, Desean Jackson, Mike Williams and on and on and on.

Tru Dat - although I like everyone you just stated and most of them have been scooped. I played Godwin in a Flex three weeks in a row in one league with Bell, Ingram, and Edelman out - now make it four. Add Lockett to your list as well... 

Seems like some of us keep jockeying for the best of the bunch moving forward. We observe and play a game of skill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Tru Dat - although I like everyone you just stated and most of them have been scooped. I played Godwin in a Flex three weeks in a row in one league with Bell, Ingram, and Edelman out - now make it four. Add Lockett to your list as well... 

Seems like some of us keep jockeying for the best of the bunch moving forward. We observe and play a game of skill.

Oh yeah, I took Godwin in every draft this year. In my main league, I trade Hopkins so I could get an RB1 and I have Keenan. Behind him, I am really confident I am going to get great WR play every week: Sammy, Godwin, Ridley, Boyd, Callaway and Enunwa. It's just a matter of figuring out who to play week to week. It could be a headache. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2018 at 6:01 AM, Team Smokin' said:

Ridley still not getting too much "respect" in the rankings. Folks say sell high, he had his best game of the year; don't chase points.

What if he really is that good and continues to post quality numbers? Matty Ice is playing well, as well as, the entire Atlanta team. When Freeman returns the team has so much diversity. Julio is the guy, which opens everyone else up. What's not to like? I'm starting both Ridley and Boyd (in the flex) this week with Cooks already in the books in one league.

 

On 9/28/2018 at 11:20 AM, leftcoastheel said:

I am doing the exact same thing, also with Cooks already in the books.

The talent and the opportunity and the surrounding pieces are all there for both guys.

Well that worked out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvin Ridley played 38-of-70 snaps (54 percent) Week 4 against the Bengals.

Ridley did fantasy players proud by finding the end zone twice, but his snap share took a step back from Week 3. He also saw three fewer targets than Mohamed Sanu. Ridley is still worth using this week in a prime matchup against the Steelers, but his floor does not look particularly sturdy.

Oct 1 - 9:45 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His route running really is top notch, not just for a rookie, but for an NFL receiver. That 30 yard TD last game was just beautiful. Got himself wide open with a hesitation and then blasted right by the poor defender for a wide open shot in the end zone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

His route running really is top notch, not just for a rookie, but for an NFL receiver. That 30 yard TD last game was just beautiful. Got himself wide open with a hesitation and then blasted right by the poor defender for a wide open shot in the end zone.

I really hope he starts to see more snaps though. This TD pace can't continue and their are going to be some major duds if he's only on the field half the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d bet Sanu’s snaps start to suffer & Rodley’s share will rise. 

All one has to do is look at the play by play & see “incomplete, deep right, Sanu” and “touchdown, deep right, Ridley”

so glad I started him this week. 

And Ryan gets a cap tip too - week 1 “he sucks” “he’s finished” “he can’t throw TDs”.

Now it’s “Matt Ryan :o “

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’d bet Sanu’s snaps start to suffer & Rodley’s share will rise. 

All one has to do is look at the play by play & see “incomplete, deep right, Sanu” and “touchdown, deep right, Ridley”

so glad I started him this week. 

And Ryan gets a cap tip too - week 1 “he sucks” “he’s finished” “he can’t throw TDs”.

Now it’s “Matt Ryan :o “

I think they love Sanu's blocking. No joke. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 WR in standard right now. How crazy.

Anyone tried to sell in redraft? That title of top scorer might lure some in. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I think they love Sanu's blocking. No joke. 

That actually occurred to me. They were working hard to try and establish the run - I just can’t see them continuing to start Sanu over this kid - the talent is so obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the end the year he might have more career touchdowns than Julio.

My hot take is that Julio isn't a great route runner and that is the reason for his lack of touchdowns. Things get congested when you are inside the red zone. Julio just uses his superior athleticism to get open because there is so much field to work with. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biabreakable said:

Ridley is a good blocker as well. 

That's a nice sign for the future.  I am really torn on whether to sell or not in redraft. 

Pros: passing game is high powered, defense looks really bad, high pedigree. He's got all signs of being a Will Fuller or  JuJu type super sidekick. 

Cons: all typically important data like targets, snap share, TD to target regression towards NFL mean. 

What would people be thinking was equivalent for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Ridley is a good blocker as well. 

He seems a little small to be an exceptional blocker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

He seems a little small to be an exceptional blocker.

So did Hines Ward.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gotta give credit to Julio Jones. If he's not on the field, Ridley plays against a better defensive back in most cases.

That's the weird thing about fantasy. You get anomalies like this that pop up. Julio Jones is so good, that he's elevating the play of those around me.

It's kind of like for whatever reason, certain RBs are more potent with less carries or in specific situations. Sometimes they're created by deficiencies on the offensive line.

I think Barkley has 4 less catches than Beckham Junior. Neat league. :lol:

Edited by Stuart Ullman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

So did Hines Ward.

Ridley is an inch taller and yet still lighter by 6 pounds compared to Hines as a rookie. Seems a stretch to compare the two, their body types aren't as dissimilar as say compared to a Calvin Johnson, but Ridley is definitely leaner and skinnier.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Ridley is an inch taller and yet still lighter by 6 pounds compared to Hines as a rookie. Seems a stretch to compare the two, their body types aren't as dissimilar as say compared to a Calvin Johnson, but Ridley is definitely leaner and skinnier.

I wasn't comparing them. I am saying smaller receivers can be good blockers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

He seems a little small to be an exceptional blocker.

He has excellent understanding of leverage and technique blocking. The reason I first became interested in Ridley is because of his blocking for Henry and Drake. He takes out two defenders with one block on one play I will likely never forget by blocking one defender into another and creating a huge lane.

NFL players are harder to block than college players though. I have seen Ridley be very good at it multiple times at the college level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

He has excellent understanding of leverage and technique blocking. The reason I first became interested in Ridley is because of his blocking for Henry and Drake. He takes out two defenders with one block on one play I will likely never forget by blocking one defender into another and creating a huge lane.

NFL players are harder to block than college players though. I have seen Ridley be very good at it multiple times at the college level.

Given this and what he has done in limited work, it sure is tempting to say is that what would have happened if the Lions took OBJ instead of Ebron? Is that how good this Julio-Ridley combo could be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Given this and what he has done in limited work, it sure is tempting to say is that what would have happened if the Lions took OBJ instead of Ebron? Is that how good this Julio-Ridley combo could be?

It very well could be.

I made a mistake I think considering Ridleys upside to be a Wr two based on how he is performing.

He always has been the best Wr from this draft class in my view but I may have under estimated his upside which right now looks like a Wr one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized in standard, Ridley is WR1 and scored 0 points in week 1. How crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:10 AM, mcintyre1 said:

His route running really is top notch, not just for a rookie, but for an NFL receiver. That 30 yard TD last game was just beautiful. Got himself wide open with a hesitation and then blasted right by the poor defender for a wide open shot in the end zone.

totally agree with this.  Pittsburgh pass d has been very suspect this year, leading to Ridley being ranked pretty high this week, though Pit is getting Hilton and Burnett back, so spooking me a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

totally agree with this.  Pittsburgh pass d has been very suspect this year, leading to Ridley being ranked pretty high this week, though Pit is getting Hilton and Burnett back, so spooking me a little.

I’m surprised there is less talk/hype in here. It’s a great matchup for Ridley and I’m hoping to be able to sell high after this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everywhere I look and read it says, Sell or Trade High on Ridley. No way he can keep us this torrid pace. He doesn't even play enough snaps. Regressing is coming.

Okay, okay, okay... I'm riding this wave for now. Who knows what ultimately happens? If he can catch a TD and 70 yards in every other game from here on out he would still be great for fantasy. Any WR that catches 8 TD's and 1,000 yards is considered as having a good year. Ridley is just slightly ahead of the curve right now lol.

I just like watching him run, catch, and run some more. For a rookie he looks pretty comfortable, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

For a rookie he looks pretty comfortable, yes?

I believe he was considered to be the best route runner in this class. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in Keeper or dynasty you hold.  

 

If someone offers me Adams or someone along those lines, I probably bite.  But unless I'm getting a bonafide WR1, I'm holding in keeper/dynasty.

Reddraft--what are you moving him for?  I think he's a WR2 the rest of the way.  Maybe a WR3.  But still, what are you getting for him?  If someone offers me a legit RB and I'm stacked at WR--ok.  But I feel like you're probably not getitn that in most leagues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was on pace for a monster day.  I guess stay tuned, could be one where he misses a few weeks or is hampered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold high on him two weeks ago in a Dynasty blockbuster. He looks visibly small out there to me.

He definitely has the goods though. Dude needs to bulk up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Calvin Ridley (ankle) participated in his second consecutive practice on Saturday.

It's unknown if Ridley, who was limited on Friday, was a full participant on Saturday. Either way, it's tremendous progress and puts him on pace to play Monday night against the Giants. Teammate Mohamed Sanu (hip) was also seen running routes and participating in drills. Coach Dan Quinn will have a status update on both following the team's practice.

Source: Jason Butt on Twitter 

Oct 20 - 12:24 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.