What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roethlisberger vs. Foles? (1 Viewer)

jason_boris

Footballguy
Have a tough decision to make today between starting Roethlisberger or Foles?  Original lean was for Big Ben. Today, I switched over to Foles.  Been back and forth on this decision for a while now.  Seeking some input on which quarterback do you think will score more points today?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Debating the same thing for two standard leagues. Currently have Ben in both leagues, but thinking of hedging by starting Foles in one of the two.

In the first league, I'm down 6 points and playing against Jesse James.

In the second league, I'm down 45 points and my opponent is finished. I also have LeVeon, Martavis, and Hopkins (note: two other Steelers).

My thinking is that Ben has a lower floor than Foles given how bad Houston is, but that Foles has a higher ceiling. I'm favored in both cases, so it might make sense to stick with the less risky option (Ben). However, if Ben has a bad game (i.e. below10 points), I likely lose both match-ups. 

There's just no telling which Foles shows up (or if last week was a fluke), and it feels a bit risky throwing him out there with everything on the line.

I realize Ben has not been dependable on the road, but I couldn't bench him in the championship game based on Foles 1 1/2 game track record.  I'd take the known commodity easily.  Now I could be biased as I'm facing Foles and 27 point deficit against Ben, Crabtree and Boswell.  I wishing Ben nothing but good juju!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Ben and Foles going in two separate title games. I need huge games from both and feel much better about Ben than Foles. 

In a championship scenario you have to take a few calculated risk.  If I was making this decision I would roll with Foles based on Ben playing on the road, missing AB (despite having some very good backup options in Juju/Bryant/Rogers/and obviously Bell).  Both qbs face meh defenses.  Take the risk with Foles.

In a championship scenario you have to take a few calculated risk.  If I was making this decision I would roll with Foles based on Ben playing on the road, missing AB (despite having some very good backup options in Juju/Bryant/Rogers/and obviously Bell).  Both qbs face meh defenses.  Take the risk with Foles.
This.  Gonna be a Bell game.  Foles has the higher floor and ceiling to me.  If either team is close to the goal line, Philly will be MUCH more likely to throw than Pitt. (Just my opinion, no supporting stats).

What if you’re favored to win and making the wrong call can cost you the championship?

Houston gets shredded in the air.  They're 23 in DVOA vs. the pass. 

Oakland also does. They're 32nd in DVOA. 

Not sure. I'd go with Big Ben, frankly, because of JuJu and Martavis* and...

talent.

By the way, auto-correct on my computer changed this to "martinis," and I've never typed that word on it before.  

I own Ben but not Foles. If I had the choice I would side with Ben, I think Philly may run a lot with all their RB's.

What if you’re favored to win and making the wrong call can cost you the championship?
If I had a pretty comfortable lead - I'd dance with Roethlisberger.  If I needed lightning in a bottle type magic I'd roll with Foles.  Just have a hunch Bell will do a lot of damage today.  Whether it is on the ground or through the air remains to be seen.

I ended up going with Foles, to hedge my bet in case the Steelers offense tanked. I won by 1.2, after only being ahead by .2 after his interception, and praying he didn’t throw another or fumble a snap like he’d been daring to do all game. Really hoping there are no stat corrections.

Users who are viewing this thread