What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oakland at Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Need 18 from Ertz in half-PPR to overcome Gurley for championship. Looks like that's not going to happen.

I would have. But maybe a better play call then rolling Carr 10 yards behind the line to the short side.
This.

JDR has always liked gambling on 4th back to when he was with Jaguars.

But that play call was sub optimal.

I'm not watching the game because I don't have NFL Network.

What I can see from the play by play though is that the Raiders had a delay of game, then a false start on 3rd down. Then they gained 12 yards setting up 4th and 2. Out of field goal range.

The smart call would be to punt and set the Eagles up with a long field. Instead they go for it, fail and set the Eagles up with great field position.

Reeks of desperation and just giving the game away early in my view.

Pinning the Eagles deep would help their defense. Going for it and failing flipped field position in the Eagles favor, plus a momentum shift.

So buying some discount holiday decorations for 50-75% off isn't a better deal than buying an over priced SUV that comes with a $600/mo payment?

What is the raiders chance of converting that 4th and 2?  What is the expected yards to gain from a punt at the 41?  I can't seem to find the EPA calculator anymore, but it seems like the right call to me.  Carr's execution on the other hand...

What I can see from the play by play though is that the Raiders had a delay of game, then a false start on 3rd down. Then they gained 12 yards setting up 4th and 2. Out of field goal range.

The smart call would be to punt and set the Eagles up with a long field. Instead they go for it, fail and set the Eagles up with great field position.

Pinning the Eagles deep would help their defense. Going for it and failing flipped field position in the Eagles favor, plus a momentum shift.
What is the likelihood of pinning deep as opposed to allowing a touchback?

maybe as punters have gotten better in the past few years, this calculus is different now than I remember.

Nah. They almost got it on 3rd. Go get it on 4th. A 30 yd punt doesn't do much and the risk for touch back is high. Just needed a better play.

What is the likelihood of pinning deep as opposed to allowing a touchback?

maybe as punters have gotten better in the past few years, this calculus is different now than I remember.
I don't know the percentage but its not that hard to not kick the ball too far. Better odds than making it on 4th and 2 most likely. Especially after having 2 penalties on offense.

Pounding the run, will be interested to see if they start breaking some of these as the game goes on and D wears down. 

The game is on espn 

I believe the math says go for it. 

Users who are viewing this thread