Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Galileo

FanDuel Week 17

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Mike Evans vs. TY Hilton?  Waffling between these 2 for my last WR spot...

It's Hilton for me - Hilton "always" lights up the Texans and Evans is going to shadowed by M. Lattimore most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Cabby said:

Does anyone else like the 49ers Defense at 4000 going againat a Rams team that will be sittting their starters? 

Not really.  They don't seem to generate much of a pass rush, which is what I like to see for Ds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cabby said:

Does anyone else like the 49ers Defense at 4000 going againat a Rams team that will be sittting their starters? 

I took them as a flyer on one of my GPP entries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently up on the week, but since they are the ones who are scoring, are popular, and I have none, the Chargers are killing me.  I had a $5 gpp winning $250 about 25mins ago that is at $50, and my cash LU is getting closer and closer to the cut line too.  If a couple players don't step up, I could go from being up about $300 to being up about $5 on the week.  :scared:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, even worse.  

My New Year's resolution should be to stop looking at my phone so much I avoid seeing these things.  Went from +300 to -$12 on the day as everybody screamed past my LUs in the 4th quarter.  :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$20 in... $28.80 out.  PROFIT!

This is likely my last week.  I don't usually play the smaller slate type stuff, so playoffs are not on my agenda.  I will be up a whopping $52.30 on the season.   :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

$20 in... $28.80 out.  PROFIT!

This is likely my last week.  I don't usually play the smaller slate type stuff, so playoffs are not on my agenda.  I will be up a whopping $52.30 on the season.   :P

 

Playoffs and small slates are the easiest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

$20 in... $28.80 out.  PROFIT!

This is likely my last week.  I don't usually play the smaller slate type stuff, so playoffs are not on my agenda.  I will be up a whopping $52.30 on the season.   :P

 

$6 in....$8.75 out.  PROFIT!

It sounds even better when I put it this way: 16 $0.25 GPP lineups, 12 cashed (75%).

I'm glad the offseason is here so I can finish my model.  Big money in 2018, lolz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my best weeks of the year. Scored 137.4 which was good enough for 2 50/50 wins and a 3 man league. Also did a $1 of .25 gpps that did nothing. $7 in $12.60 out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Playoffs and small slates are the easiest.

I still don't have consistent success with small slates.  Will still try a little bit of playoff stuff, but won't play a ton of $. 

Are you mostly talking about the overlay you seek for your satellites making it easier for the small slates? 

Part of my "success" today was getting $6 on a $1 4pm gpp though. Sadly, it was my highest scoring lu of the day. 

The other part i noticed is the gpps are pretty small usually- i assume they are bigger in the playoffs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I still don't have consistent success with small slates.  Will still try a little bit of playoff stuff, but won't play a ton of $. 

Are you mostly talking about the overlay you seek for your satellites making it easier for the small slates? 

Part of my "success" today was getting $6 on a $1 4pm gpp though. Sadly, it was my highest scoring lu of the day. 

The other part i noticed is the gpps are pretty small usually- i assume they are bigger in the playoffs? 

Obviously I should have been more specific than to just make an offhand comment like that.

In the past I've done well with cash in small slates for the playoffs.  The studs are much easier to pick out of the group.  Usually you'll get a game or two where the o/u line is significantly higher than the other games.

You'll see bigger gpps for the playoffs.  I play them like cash.  I think you get so many people trying to be different that just picking good lineups can result in a return although you are passing on a chance at the big win.  

The biggest hiccup is when the kickers are all similarly priced, then it becomes kicker wars which isn't fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Obviously I should have been more specific than to just make an offhand comment like that.

In the past I've done well with cash in small slates for the playoffs.  The studs are much easier to pick out of the group.  Usually you'll get a game or two where the o/u line is significantly higher than the other games.

You'll see bigger gpps for the playoffs.  I play them like cash.  I think you get so many people trying to be different that just picking good lineups can result in a return although you are passing on a chance at the big win.  

The biggest hiccup is when the kickers are all similarly priced, then it becomes kicker wars which isn't fun.

I just looked and there is a 1400 range for Ds and 700 for Ks.   Of course Gurley is 10k, and I assume you just need to jam him in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I just looked and there is a 1400 range for Ds and 700 for Ks.   Of course Gurley is 10k, and I assume you just need to jam him in. 

First pass

QB Alex Smith

TEN@KC

SAT 4:35PM

$7,800

SALARY

RB Todd Gurley II

ATL@LAR

SAT 8:15PM

$10,000

SALARY

RB Alvin Kamara

CAR@NO

SUN 4:40PM

$9,100

SALARY

WR Ted Ginn Jr.

CAR@NO

SUN 4:40PM

$5,900

SALARY

WR Keelan Cole

BUF@JAC

SUN 1:05PM

$5,800

SALARY

WR Corey Davis

TEN@KC

SAT 4:35PM

$5,400

SALARY

TE Delanie Walker

TEN@KC

SAT 4:35PM

$5,800

SALARY

K Sam Ficken

ATL@LAR

SAT 8:15PM

$4,500

SALARY

D Jaguars

BUF@JAC

SUN 1:05PM

$5,600

SALARY

Cancel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I just looked and there is a 1400 range for Ds and 700 for Ks.   Of course Gurley is 10k, and I assume you just need to jam him in. 

That was good to see on the Ks and Ds.

I think a case can be made for Freeman if he's not injured.  One thing is for sure, I'm jamming my money into RBs.  Wrs have been a crapshoot the last month or so once Brown went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

That was good to see on the Ks and Ds.

I think a case can be made for Freeman if he's not injured.  One thing is for sure, I'm jamming my money into RBs.  Wrs have been a crapshoot the last month or so once Brown went down.

I think the hardest for me for that slate will probably be the Qbs.  It's a who's who of underperformers on the season for the most part.  

My first glance placeholder: Goff - Gurley/Fournette - Sanu/Cole/Ginn - Walker - Butker - KC.  

I guess I could MAYBE see fading Gurley and going with a combo like Hunt/Fournette if it could get you to a WR or TE that could break the slate and make up points you might lose at RB, but that is kinda scary.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.