What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEW YEAR'S EVE...What are your plans? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
I'll probably be on a boat seeing the fireworks. Not sure about dinner beforehand yet.

What are you doing?

Staying home with the family, watching football.  A couple of years ago my wife said "we should try to make our own egg rolls" - challenge accepted! :)   We made them up, it was kind of a hassle but worth it so she's requested we do them again.  And I'm not sure what else we're making to go with them, we'll see.

We have an annual house party among a group of about 20 core freinds, then add 10-20 additional folks each year. It moves from house to house each year but follows a similar format: 

• I usually prepare a "main" dish at the house... usually smoked prime rib sliders, though this year we may transition to Sous vide Chuck Roast sliders... the test run was awesome last week. Then everyone else brings other main courses / side dishes / snacks. Always ends up being a huge spread of great food. 

• 4-5 of us each bring a few good bottles of bourbon for a main bar, then there is BYOB for everyone else. Much of it goes toward a community bar. 

• Lots of games like flipcup, Derby race / betting game, etc. Several houses have pool tables. All have firepits outside.  We usually do a liquor pinata (with airplane bottles) that is good for a laugh as well. 

Ends up being great food, great booze, and a ton of fun with the folks we really want to be with... while ducking the high cost and hassle of dealing with the general public on NYE. It's been running for nearly a decade now. 

Most likely sitting at home and drinking heavily 
It also helps to have some NFL bets on the line so you can kick your tv screen in when some moron drops the football.

NCAA is giving their football players that night off so they can get wasted with all the other college kids at the local bars.

for the first time in memory it will be a dry NYE for me ... we are doing a "First Night" shtick/thingy, as per my 12 yr. old daughter's request. 

will be partaking in the sober frivolity with a few of her friend's families - food, games, favors, etc - and i know for damn sure a couple of the other dads are big time boozers - will be a ton of commiserating going down. 

can't wait for DT addled Scattegories  :coffee:

this year we got an invite to a neighbor's place for an 8 person, sit-down dinner. found out yesterday it's now turned into a 16 person pot-luck. of the 16, i know the host(s) and one other couple. yay small talk! 

no idea of the debauchery level of this crowd, but it's walking/stumbling distance back to our place. will be sparking one up at midnight to celebrate "legal" MJ in CA. 

for the first time in memory it will be a dry NYE for me ... we are doing a "First Night" shtick/thingy, as per my 12 yr. old daughter's request. 

will be partaking in the sober frivolity with a few of her friend's families - food, games, favors, etc - and i know for damn sure a couple of the other dads are big time boozers - will be a ton of commiserating going down. 

can't wait for DT addled Scattegories  :coffee:
This is why God invented flasks

We used to have parties but we host Christmas Eve and i told the wife we are not hosting 2 parties within a week.  This has nothing to do with the house I just don't want to deal with her 2 sisters TWICE.  ;)    It does put unnecessary stress on the wife though.  

We then used to go to early fireworks over the river and then go home and hang out.

The last couple years I think - I was asleep before midnight :lmao:

THis year my sister is hosting a small party so that should be fun 

Going out for a nice dinner with my lady then seeing To Catch a Thief at a theater that plays old movies. Will be home well before midnight. 50/50 whether we'll be awake for the ball drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate NYE always but more so last year. Last year didn't do anything and didn't watch the ball drop. This year have no plans but wife invited her sister over ugh. I don't feel like entertaining at all. 

Next year we thought of a great idea. We are going to rent a house in the Poconos and invite 4-5 families. 

Hate NYE always but more so last year. Last year didn't do anything and didn't watch the ball drop. This year have no plans but wife invited her sister over ugh. I don't feel like entertaining at all. 

Next year we thought of a great idea. We are going to rent a house in the Poconos and invite 4-5 families. 
You related to Ralph Furley?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to a cool bar/lounge a short trolley ride down the block. It's an old historic house, and thy somehow nailed sophisticated but still chill, very warm and inviting but always  great time.  Usually a diverse crowd, and I know some of the bartenders there, one of whom's gf's is part of a gaggle in the form of a bachelorette party, so I got myself a ticket (Hundy for unlimited drinks and  passed hor douerves - while I am usually a straight rye rocks guy of late, they do make perhaps the best cocktails in town).

NYE hasn't been a big deal for a while... last two I have been in recovery from my major surgeries and the couple prior to that were chillin with the now ex wife. Seeing as we just physically separated 10 days ago, probably best to be out and social as opposed to home with a bottle and watching the ball drop.  Plus I got my first digits at this same place just a few days back. :thumbup:  

House party 2 doors down with wife and kid.   I may go to my brothers party first if I'm feeling ambitious.  Two years ago, an older drunk woman drove into a car parked on the street during the house party two doors down.   I try to stay off the road because of the drunk drivers.   

We have an annual house party among a group of about 20 core freinds, then add 10-20 additional folks each year. It moves from house to house each year but follows a similar format: 

• I usually prepare a "main" dish at the house... usually smoked prime rib sliders, though this year we may transition to Sous vide Chuck Roast sliders... the test run was awesome last week. Then everyone else brings other main courses / side dishes / snacks. Always ends up being a huge spread of great food. 

• 4-5 of us each bring a few good bottles of bourbon for a main bar, then there is BYOB for everyone else. Much of it goes toward a community bar. 

• Lots of games like flipcup, Derby race / betting game, etc. Several houses have pool tables. All have firepits outside.  We usually do a liquor pinata (with airplane bottles) that is good for a laugh as well. 

Ends up being great food, great booze, and a ton of fun with the folks we really want to be with... while ducking the high cost and hassle of dealing with the general public on NYE. It's been running for nearly a decade now. 
Nice. 

But man my friends suck compared to this. I'l be hhome babysitting fearful dogs and grilling a couple of Costco prime filets and some scallops. 

Bonfire on the beach with 10-20 friends. Simple food that we can cook on the fire.  Maybe shark steaks if we get lucky.  Plenty of beer.

Last few years it’s been 3 couples or so and lots of vodka, wine. Hard to beat a Costco King Crab Leg Feast. 

Maybe **** Clark’s rocking eve. Happy Dew Ear!

Have never been to a fancy oyster bar, they are usually dives.
Yeah probably in coastal towns that is true. Around here it's a novelty and they go for the hip & trendy vibe. I'm sure they will have a bunch of specialty cocktails where they take a martini or old fashioned, add a different liqueur and charge $12 for it.

No plans yet. We usually party on the rooftop but we moved last month and don't have the rooftop anymore. At least not until our new house is built.

Will probably make some dinner for the wife and son, watch The Crown, I'll fall asleep around 10:30p, get woken up shortly before midnight, open some sparkling wine, take a shot,  watch 20 minutes of the next Crown episode and fall back asleep.

Solid.

Some pothead invited all 560 of his Facebook friends to watch a local ball drop thing from his porch. About 180 of us have secretly decided to show up. He has parking for 6, should be a blast. We're taking Lyft. ???

The 11 year old wants to watch a scary movie and stay up until midnight for the first time.  I am looking forward to this one.  

Being on call at work for the entire weekend so the good for nothing millenials in the office can go out partying with their Antifa buddies or hang out in the basement of their parents house playing video games.

Users who are viewing this thread